Author Topic: Over The Top: No Mans Land Refurbishment  (Read 16147 times)

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
Re: Over The Top: No Mans Land Refurbishment
« Reply #165 on: 22-12-2012, 18:12:17 »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=QeQowe1DOH8

IS this map the one NML devs created after getting inspired by the movie "Lost Battalion"?

Offline Graf_Radetzky(CZ)

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 22-12-2012, 19:12:39 »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=QeQowe1DOH8

IS this map the one NML devs created after getting inspired by the movie "Lost Battalion"?
No that's the ol'Cantigny, which was probably scrapped (not too sure about that though), because new Cantigny was made, this was just conversion of BF2 map for testing purposes.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 22-12-2012, 19:12:28 »
Oh, ok I was about to say that it didnt really looked like the one in the movie...  :P

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 27-12-2012, 12:12:48 »
French Equipment and Soldiers

is this model still available or was it lost like many other stuff you guys talked about?

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 16-01-2013, 16:01:59 »
Have you guys seen this:

a guy called volcol did it. I think it looks pretty good. Here is his ModDB page:

http://www.moddb.com/members/volcol

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 17-01-2013, 17:01:02 »
 Ive noticed from several projects on this board (Maps, Mods ect..), that if they go longer than say 4 or 5 months they are never finished or released.

In this case i see way too much work for a 1 man team.

How about just working on 1 map and releasing it? Starting with an Infy map.

Does a mod really need 5 or 6 finished maps before release.........

that would take a very long time.

Good Luck...
 ;)

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 17-01-2013, 17:01:27 »
Archi hasnt been around here for a few months, we cant tell anything specific without him.

Offline chad509

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 25-01-2013, 08:01:59 »
Yea volcol is a great artist, currently working with him on the the indie CE3 game "Traction Wars". :)

Offline versus

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 25-01-2013, 10:01:08 »
Been following that game for months now... I'm really excited to see what you guys will put together ;)

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 25-01-2013, 11:01:49 »
Yea volcol is a great artist, currently working with him on the the indie CE3 game "Traction Wars". :)

I discovered the project about a month ago or so.  :D I can tell, Traction Wars looks appetizing already.

Hope he could share that G98, it looks way better than the NML G98.

Offline Archimonday

• Sir vis pacem, para bellum!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: 23-02-2013, 07:02:04 »
I felt compelled tonight, to sit down and explain why some-lets be honest-most, of my projects have gone unfinished.

There was a time when I looked forward to nothing else, than coming home from school or work, to sit down at my desk and get to work creating new content for Battlefield. It was my hobby. I loved it. Mods like Battlefield Pirates, and Forgotten Hope; coupled with extra-ordinary communities fueled a fire inside me that kept me driving to mod. It was a way to distract myself from everything I did, a place where I made many good friends, and learned skills that people have paid lots of money for to learn. I used to sit in the Battlecraft Editor for hours tossing static objects around, and finding ways to realize ideas that I had.

Something changed though. This change has left me fundamentally unable to rekindle the old spirit I had for modding. I sit down to do something simple, like code some AI for myself to test a single-player theory. Or to sit down and try to animate a weapon for a project like No Mans Land, and soon find myself bored of it very quickly. For a reason I cannot explain my Battlefield flame has burned out. I used to play these wonderful games for hours. I once did the math, and I have played Battlefield 1942 on average, everyday, for at least 30 minutes, for the past eight years straight; that is how many hours I have records of.

Somehow Battlefield's old glory has died on me though. It has perished in a way I cannot possibly explain. It feels terrible to sit here and realize that I could be making something spectacular for us all to enjoy, but for some reason I don't.

In a way all these words form into an apology to the community. I won't be working on these projects anymore, not because I don't want to see them realized; and not because I see them as hopeless endeavors, but because for some reason...I no longer like Battlefield. Its crazy to say those words. I've met my best friend, and hopeful future wife through the game, gotten offered scholarships to attend college, and even can thank Forgotten Hope as a foremost inspiration into my private studies of military history, which ultimately led to my enlistment in the United States Army. Battlefield is as much a defining force of my life as my parents were.

I keep an eye on these forums, occasionally throwing my two cents in where it seems viable. I still play Battlefield on the weekends for a round or two. I even joined in on a match of FH2 last week. But, here is where I must both apologize for, and announce my leave from these projects.

-Archi

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 23-02-2013, 09:02:13 »
www.youtube.com/#/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DWWaLxFIVX1s

:-[

Will you release the files so someone else who is willing to do it might continue?

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 23-02-2013, 18:02:25 »
That is really sad to hear and really was a surprise! A massive one, I might want to add. However, there is one thing that I want to do, and that is to thank you for all of your efforts. Sometimes, I also lost the joy of playing FH/Battlefield and then turned to other activities. In the end FH2 always managed to catch up with me, though. Your skills have really been those of an FH developer when I think of the projects you posted here in the forums. I hope that you will find enjoyment in FH again after a while and that you will be able to rejoice in modding once more.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 23-02-2013, 18:02:05 »
That is really sad to hear and really was a surprise! A massive one, I might want to add. However, there is one thing that I want to do, and that is to thank you for all of your efforts. Sometimes, I also lost the joy of playing FH/Battlefield and then turned to other activities. In the end FH2 always managed to catch up with me, though. Your skills have really been those of an FH developer when I think of the projects you posted here in the forums. I hope that you will find enjoyment in FH again after a while and that you will be able to rejoice in modding once more.

+1 yeah same here. I hope some day you return.

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 24-02-2013, 22:02:05 »
It was a sad day when i found out the No Mans Land was Dead... :o