Author Topic: Countdown????? mainpage  (Read 6800 times)

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
Re: Countdown????? mainpage
« Reply #30 on: 01-04-2009, 15:04:37 »
Well, this update restores my faith in the devs and their historicly accurate ways.  No longer will I have to play using my digital camera's b&w function set up on a tripod in front of the screen.

Also, I'm looking forward to crawling across the steaming manure pile

Offline Danger X

• I wish we stayed neutral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 01-04-2009, 17:04:01 »
You could always search an old black and white TV, and modify it to act as a computer screen. A great way to play any game in monochrome.
As my tutor, old Bubbleface, used to say:"Make love and be merry, for tomorrow you may catch some disgusting skin disease."

Rowan Atkinson as The Black Adder

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #32 on: 01-04-2009, 17:04:27 »
Lovely image for wallpaper purposes.

Though the April Fools joke wasn't that impressing this year, I think you guys are just too busy.

Anyways, lovely screenshot, it's my new wallpaper.

Though I'm still waiting for a fresh load of prowling Kittys but I wont remember Flippy until this weekend (hehe, I hinted you while saying I did not)
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 01-04-2009, 19:04:10 »
You know what would really kill? A joint operation april fool's joke with the PR-folks. Something like "we decided to do PR: WW2, together with the FH2 team" or something.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 01-04-2009, 19:04:21 »
Yup. Since thats the wish of some players, would be a real hit just like FH Heroes.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline mp_40_fan

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 02-04-2009, 10:04:05 »
For me the ingame add joke was the best one, the sign of starbucks at el alamein was just priceless :D

Offline 508th PIR Hawkeye

• Pacific? :D
    • View Profile
    • www.508thpir.com
« Reply #36 on: 02-04-2009, 10:04:21 »
Well, since this one was early in the morning, there is a chance that the real update will be later today at the correct time  :).

Who knows though  ;).

Lies!  ;D , that will take a week or 4

You know what would really kill? A joint operation april fool's joke with the PR-folks. Something like "we decided to do PR: WW2, together with the FH2 team" or something.

Well a good thing that you suggest that because I thought it would really give FH a sense of reality if they add some PR gameplay elements. And it will invite PR players to play a game of FH 2 time to time. As far as i remember the FH mod for 1942 was made to make the game more realistic. Adding PR things like a drivers seat and a gunners seat in the tanks for example, I must say that i was really happy they addopted the PR fielddressing idea!  :D
« Last Edit: 02-04-2009, 10:04:36 by Codename:Masterchief »
"The American Paratrooper exists to give the  enemy soldier the best chance to die for his country." -- Gen. George Patton

Offline Flyboy1942

• AKA: Ghanrage
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 04-04-2009, 01:04:38 »

You must not have heard of the attempted joint venture between Forgotten hope and Galactic Conquest. They had a full render of an AT-KT and everything. :)

Id post the pic if I could; I'm sure someone has it though.

Offline Danger X

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 04-04-2009, 01:04:30 »
About the whole PR meets FH2: As an april fools joke, cool. But does anyone truly want elements of PR in FH2? Perhaps some things might work, but many things (the absent minimap for infantry, among others) will just make the mod more realist than fun. And that is what FH (1 and 2) has always been for me. A fun mod with historical accuracy.

Don't let realism stand in the way of a good game.

Cheers
As my tutor, old Bubbleface, used to say:"Make love and be merry, for tomorrow you may catch some disgusting skin disease."

Offline Kev4000

• Developer
  • FH2 "special" coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 04-04-2009, 03:04:36 »
About the whole PR meets FH2: As an april fools joke, cool. But does anyone truly want elements of PR in FH2? Perhaps some things might work, but many things (the absent minimap for infantry, among others) will just make the mod more realist than fun. And that is what FH (1 and 2) has always been for me. A fun mod with historical accuracy.

Cheers

There's actually immersion mode which removes a lot of the hud, including the minimap from FH2. I don't think many people use it though.

Offline Zrix

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 04-04-2009, 04:04:24 »
will just make the mod more realist than fun.
To you yes. Some people think that realism is the fun part.

Not saying that FH2 with ultra realism would work out nicely, but you can't say it will be bad just because it's not what you like.

• View Profile
    • www.508thpir.com
« Reply #41 on: 04-04-2009, 11:04:31 »

Cheers

Well not a change for the whole mod then but I was thinking more in the mini-mod direction. Just like all the community factions in PR, the FH team has alll the statics we need and the PR team has tweaked the engine.
"The American Paratrooper exists to give the  enemy soldier the best chance to die for his country." -- Gen. George Patton

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 04-04-2009, 11:04:36 »
As said in another thread which I think is the darn truth, PR has realism that fits their game and FH2 has realism that fits their game.
Fin.

• View Profile
    • www.508thpir.com
« Reply #43 on: 04-04-2009, 13:04:52 »
As said in another thread which I think is the darn truth, PR has realism that fits their game and FH2 has realism that fits their game.
Fin.

I still would like to see how the combination works out

Offline Danger X

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 04-04-2009, 14:04:32 »
Fin.

I totally agree. Having next to to no HUD would really make it more difficult for new players to jump into the action. There is already a manual, and it would only become larger, barring anyone who doesn't like reading long manuals. Which WOULD be a shame. Same goes for things like, let's say, no spawn at squad leader, although a suitable replacement must be possible.

I said it before, and I will say it again, only in other words :P : Realism is good, but too much and it will be more like work, than like playing games. At least for a lot of players.