Author Topic: FH2 online etiquette  (Read 14334 times)

Offline 69rat

• View Profile
Re: FH2 online etiquette
« Reply #15 on: 20-03-2012, 01:03:06 »
it always drives me nuts when people instant punish for teamkills before you have a chance to apologize. whenever i join or am invited to a squad. i usually spawn on SL and follow their orders.

i also thought it was rude that i was falsely accused of hacking the other day and was threatened to be reported.

Offline 16floz470ml

• View Profile
Re: FH2 online etiquette : PINNED DOWN IN A SPAWN AREA ****
« Reply #16 on: 20-03-2012, 02:03:18 »
Ok it's a bit shitty shootin a freshly spawned enemy at the best of times, but this was not intentional camping, I wanted to get away from there, but what is the etiquette here?

You should definitely lay smines.  Lol.  Seriously though I had a similar situation the other day.  My squad and I got up on the roof at the allied main at Fall of Tobruk.  I had the sniper rifle and my squad protected me.  The allies spawn all over the place right in front of you and we just slaughtered them.  Sometimes it is just part of the game.  If they allow you access to a strategic place then you should take advantage of it. 

Offline Zulnex

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 20-03-2012, 02:03:21 »
If someone does something nice/useful/helpful for you, thank them. By name whenever possible.
I agree as well.

Offline Flyboy1942

• AKA: Ghanrage
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 20-03-2012, 03:03:56 »
it always drives me nuts when people instant punish for teamkills before you have a chance to apologize. whenever i join or am invited to a squad. i usually spawn on SL and follow their orders.

i also thought it was rude that i was falsely accused of hacking the other day and was threatened to be reported.

"Any sufficiently skilled FH2 player is indistinguishable from a hacker." -Ghandi

I think the community knows you're a good player and will laugh the accusation off as butthurt. I dont even remember the last time I punished for a tk. Most people are embarrassed when a grenade misses a window, or Im embarrassed cause I chased a properly thrown one like a dog.

Offline FORGOTTENKEVINOHOPE

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 20-03-2012, 05:03:06 »
not punishing a smine tk..   its their dumb fault for not watching or having the warnings turned on!!!     >:(

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 20-03-2012, 08:03:18 »
not punishing a smine tk..   its their dumb fault for not watching or having the warnings turned on!!!     >:(
While I mostly play on hslan and there's no punishment system, I would actually like to see smine teamkills dropped from -4 to -2. It indeed is most of time hes fault who jumps on it. Is that server setting or something devs should do?

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 20-03-2012, 12:03:01 »
The devs have already done something and it's been in FH2 since 2.1. A mine kill with a warning flag close to it will reduce the minus points. (yes I know that this is only for normal AT mines, but with SMines you could position them openly. They should be used as area denial weapons and not only as booby-traps.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 20-03-2012, 12:03:31 »
I will say only 1 thing:
"STOP PUNISHING FOR STEPPING ON MY MINE ASSHOLES!!!"
« Last Edit: 20-03-2012, 12:03:17 by Kwiot »

Offline Flyboy1942

• AKA: Ghanrage
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 20-03-2012, 13:03:58 »
This reminds me of the opening minutes of Siege of Tobruk a couple Fridays ago. I squaded up with w00ter and spawned after he had left some smines near the entrance to that underground tunnel between the two middle flags (32 player). I joked with him about not having my 3d map on but kept prone as 4 of us were crossing over them into the tunnel.

Suddenly, a wild lone wolf jumps down from a ledge above to get into the tunnel.

w00ter in voip: "I hate you guys"
server: w00ter kicked for negative score

I agree with lowering the penalty for smines. They should be carefully placed, so they dont hamper your team, but at the same time, your team always finds ways to hamper any and all use of smines...

Offline evhgear

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 20-03-2012, 15:03:25 »
About Smines, a week ago my SL was yelling to me that I was a noob because I spawned on his Smine...

Offline [QPS]_Sex_Bomb

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 20-03-2012, 17:03:36 »
This is my personal policy about TK. 

I automatically forgive TK (without waiting for any kind of apology) if my teammate kills at the same time one or more enemies.  I'm not that forgiving if i'm alone with no enemy in miles around.  Usually, I wait about 5~10 sec for apology.  If it doesn't come, I punish.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 20-03-2012, 17:03:53 »
Its good etiquette to come out with your hands up in the air when I tell you that you are surrounded, so I can then proceed to shoot you in the face.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 20-03-2012, 17:03:33 »
Hard rules
1. Dont punish for TK unless it was just really n00b or deliberate
    a. Like If I stand and shout I'm friendly at 10m and still get shot, that dude should get punished.
    b. Same goes for a tanker who expects to give me precision tank support by killing the enemy next to me with HE and kills me too - He gets punishe - dammit!
    c. Dude decides to drive me and drives straight into enemy lines or something dumb and I keep shouting 'bail out' and he wont stop, so I bail and die. He gets punished.
Switch on ALT. If you die from a friendly AP mine, its SHOULD be your fault for not switching on ALT.

2. Teabagging after a deft kill is a MUST
3. Keep the comm channels clear. Try to spot 3 times and stop if it fails, then use manual select.
4. Limit off-game communication so real communication via text can be seen.
5. You should be able to attack anyone anywhere, ABC lines, uncap base etc. its so arbitrary that you can't.
I can see you behind the ABC lines and you are firing, but I can't fire at you? really? Or can't we silence that artillery gun firing at us from the British main with spot and mortar? Why not, I say. Why not indeed.
Let the map design create the constraints, NOT server admins.

6. Camping airfields should be punishable. Just spawn there. If there is no plane. Leave.

7 Use your horn, stupid! Dont hit people. Inversely, DONT use the horn, dummy, if you are in enemy territory. Don't alert the enemy.

8. There should be NO punish for bad language. This is a war game, let people immerse themselves. If a person is being overly hostile, that's one thing. Then a vote can be had. But simply swearing, or even insulting a person for being stupid should be permitted. The game is rated M for a reason. lets not be hypocrites.

General Advice
1. Be considerate. Try not to use limited kits in tanks if its your primary role. If you picked up a vehicle later, that's fine.

2. Try to let your team know if you use AP mines. As a rule, I always mine all entrances to the barn on Eppeldorf then fall back to the house to snipe those that get into the compound. I always make sure to let people know. I should NOT lose scores if some muppet kills himself after.

3. Give spots for artillery. It really makes the difference on the battlefield if you have good artillery, and it keeps that arty man interested in playing that support role.

5. Pick up a person if they call for it, stand close to your projected path as you drive or run to catch up with your vehicle.

6. Don't fly for no reason, or just to rack up scores. Be tactical. Someone else could do better with that plane.

7. You may not be saving lives, but you are contributing to everyone's fun when you play as part of the game and with a purpose.

8. Don't create solo squad and lock them. If you dont want to be in a squad , dont join one.

9. If you MUST kick someone from your squad, at least have the common decency to explain why.

10. If you see your squad is losing people and another squad complements your number, discuss with your Squad and join the larger squad.

11. Don't be an idiot. Do not run in front of a firing friendly mg gunner. You deserved to die and should NOT punish that mg gunner.

12. Don't throw British smoke grenades close to your friend.

13. Give bandages if you hear someone say medic.

14. GIve bandages if you accidentally injure someone.

15. Type sorry if you accidentally injure someone.

16. As a SL, you deserve to have your Squad mutiny if you sit on a vehicle all round long. You are supposed to be a mobile spawn. Also if you know you suck at leading or playing, do not lead. Especially, if you spend more time at the main base than at the front, or more time dead than alive.

17. Shout 'Get down' after throwing a grenade while facing the direction of the nade. Inversely, listen to people shouting 'get down' and don't run in the direction they are facing. And if you die doing that, don't punish them. It was an accident.

18. If a person lobes a grenade and it misses the window and comes back in your midst. you may see him running and shouting 'take cover' - Try to catch up.

19. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER punish the artillery gunner or mortar man.
« Last Edit: 20-03-2012, 18:03:03 by djinn »

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 20-03-2012, 18:03:19 »
Its good etiquette to come out with your hands up in the air when I tell you that you are surrounded, so I can then proceed to shoot you in the face.

But we don't have a surrender animation! I recommend we adopt the PR one... Else we will just fight to the bitter end...
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 20-03-2012, 18:03:44 »
8. There should be NO punish for bad language. This is a war game, let people immerse themselves. If a person is being overly hostile, that's one thing. Then a vote can be had. But simply swearing, or even insulting a person for being stupid should be permitted. The game is rated M for a reason. lets not be hypocrites.
I always found it funny, that the server with that rule, has Angrybeaver as one of its admins.

5. You should be able to attack anyone anywhere, ABC lines, uncap base etc. its so arbitrary that you can't.
I can see you behind the ABC lines and you are firing, but I can't fire at you? really? Or can't we silence that artillery gun firing at us from the British main with spot and mortar? Why not, I say. Why not indeed.
Let the map design create the constraints, NOT server admins.
Disagree, getting killed in the mainbase is the most annoying thing ever. ABC lines are there for a reason.
Mapmakers can't just place random hills around bases and/or invisble walls above them to stop you from shooting there.
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!