Author Topic: Sugeston no.1  (Read 2536 times)

Offline Frediosz_pl

• POLAND - FIRST TO FIGHT
    • View Profile
Sugeston no.1
« on: 29-05-2010, 01:05:13 »
Hello.

I have a little suggestion about a kit with Panzerfaust and/or pickable StG44 kit.

1) Its no secret that during WWII German soldiers were carrying more than one Panzerfaust at once (usually 2 or 3) and now my suggestion about that kit is instead of carrying only 1 AT faust maybe he should have a single (ya only ONE) bundled grenade to balance this up. Cuz i think its unfair that alies have more than 1 shot from their AT weapons and PIAT is as powerfull as Faust and even has like 5x more range.

2) Second its a pickable kit and often its compared to famous Waffen SS units who were far more better equiped than regular Wehrmaht troops, i read a few books 'bout them and more than often they were using bundle above regular Stielhandgranate.

So what do You think 'bout that ? I think that even limit those selectable kits to max. 2 per would be good (to many ppl whine about anti-tank bushes -_-'), of course not in ardennes maps cuz that just would be bullshit... (i hope that they will come soon :) )
This first refers to maps without selectable Schrecks (oh hell i love to get my pickable schreck to get stolen by the enemy... and than commit sepuku clubbing myself with my ex-faust pipe in the head after hitting enemy's tank and only setting it in flames...), and the second to most maps of Normandy and that about to come next like the famous Offensives and battlefields.

Please post Your opinions and not too much offtopic/spam ofc :P

Cheers
Fred
T34 had obsolete shells, no CO periscopes, lack of radio, poor plating alloy, weak cannon, leaking fuel system and little space for crew. But people think it was the best tank during WWII.Quantity not quality.
Bolshevist propaganda did great job.

'A lie repeated thousand times becomes a truth'

Offline Nerdsturm

• View Profile
Re: Sugeston no.1
« Reply #1 on: 29-05-2010, 02:05:20 »
1) It's reasonable for the faust kit to only get one since they get a rifle instead of a pistol like the other AT kits, and it's really one of the most rounded kits in the game in my opinion. Of course, it might be okay to have a pickup kit were the player only got a pistol but multiple panzerfausts, and if I recall correctly there was something like that on the FH.7 version of Pegasus.

2)Bundle grenades as a pickup kit is okay, but it shouldn't be a spawnable kit. If there are only 2 allowed per team it'd basically just be taking up a kit slot for nothing, since practically no one could choose it. Any more than that and it'd be too powerful.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29-05-2010, 03:05:16 »
The idea of a multiple-faust kit has been tossed around a lot.  I personally would love to see it as a pick up kit, with at least 2 fausts.  It would also be nice to have the kit laying around say, a bike, so you can do a proper tank hunter impression.

However, on to this part:

often its compared to famous Waffen SS units who were far more better equiped than regular Wehrmaht troops, i read a few books 'bout them and more than often they were using bundle above regular Stielhandgranate.

Waffen SS units, while famous (or infamous as the case commonly was), were actually much worse equipped then Wehrmacht units.  Indeed, throughout the war many had to struggle on with inferior weapons, including Czech ZB type machine guns, czech rifles, older at guns, and older tanks.  The Wehrmacht invariably got the best gear first.  This was due to simple politics, the Wehrmacht controlled the supply system, the Army never got along with the SS, and so the Wehrmacht got the better shit.  As for using bundle grenades more then single nades, that's only because its more noteworthy in a book to talk about using bundle grenades on tanks then tossing single grenades at enemy infantry.  It is not a consideration of commonality.

Offline Jürgen

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29-05-2010, 10:05:03 »
You will get selectable StG44 in the later battles.

Offline Frediosz_pl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29-05-2010, 13:05:33 »
Yea, as for Faust it could be only to 'pick up' kit with 2 fausts beside the regular kit with schreck that You can pick up.

As for StG as a 'pick up' kit like a already told it would be nice to have instead fo regular 2x Siethandgranate only a single Bundle :) This could apply only to maps with faust :)

I've heard that the equipment issue was better for SS couse they were considered as 'elite' units but less experienced than Wehrmacht in my opinion, but it was a suggestion to kit type only so theres no point to argument 'bout who was better equiped i think Wehrmacht was superior to SS, but they were treaten like cannon fodder by those maniacs in Berlin :)
T34 had obsolete shells, no CO periscopes, lack of radio, poor plating alloy, weak cannon, leaking fuel system and little space for crew. But people think it was the best tank during WWII.Quantity not quality.

Offline Seth_Soldier

• Developer
  • "Mort aux cons !"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29-05-2010, 15:05:23 »
SS aren't part of the army, that's why their supply was more complex. Depending of the situation they generally tried to keep their own supply independant. (creating troubles when you discovered that the ss ask for oil to the wehrmacht but atst build secretly oil reserve for their own)
Clothes equipement might have been better quality since Concentration Camp + Jewish/prisonner property provide some cheap and quality equipment.

About "better equiped", it doesn't mean necessary better weapons  but rather more weapons compared to a type division. But this is normal since ss division was bigger than normal division.
(however there were some exception like the lssah which has received in priority new stuff etc ... due to hitler  personnal wish, and with the time ss supply quota simply got bigger and bigger when germany began to loose).

just for info ...
« Last Edit: 29-05-2010, 15:05:30 by Seth_Soldier »

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29-05-2010, 17:05:59 »
Soon we'll all be swimming in STG44s muhahaha

Offline Sgt.KAR98

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30-05-2010, 03:05:00 »
A issue with AT kits is why the hell they are limited.I wonder if the devs didn´t realized that tank battles usually have more tanks than ATers.And that´s because I´m not counting the people with bad aim or the ones that are not very familiar with teamplay.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30-05-2010, 04:05:48 »
Because if AT kits weren't limited then tanks would be superfluous when every man and his aunt could run around with a panzerschreck or a zook, making it impossible for tanks to survive anywhere.  IRL, zooks and schrecks were only handed out on a company level, whilst fausts were supplied more commonly (thus their spawn kit and many pick ups), and should become more common in later maps.

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 30-05-2010, 11:05:07 »
Speaking of unlimited AT kits, Sgt.KAR98 obviously doesn't remember how in 2.2 Lüttich everyone had a zook or schreck... ::)

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 30-05-2010, 12:05:17 »
AT kits are unlimited on sfakia.

Offline Mud Buddha

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 30-05-2010, 14:05:15 »
Although Fred makes a valid point, I kind of like the fact that you only have the 1 faust, and your rifle. It helps me take better care of myself in the field because you only have one shot at glory.
Okay,  usually I curse my screen when I, again, can't find a reload point anywhere after a failed AT attempt, but that only helps in getting to know the level better. :-)

FH2 is the game, DarklyDreamingDexter is the name.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 30-05-2010, 14:05:39 »
It would be nice to have an smg instead of the rifle on some maps.

Offline Frediosz_pl

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 30-05-2010, 17:05:28 »
All i'm suggesting is to balance the AT 'selectable' kits because when i have darned ONE SHOT the enemy has 3 with american 'pipe' and 4(?) with piat and this is unfair...
Although on certian maps it takes 2 HITS from side to destroy a sherman, so the only way is to get it from behind just like with PIAT or PIPE, so Tommies and Yankees are in better position with their 'more' ammo policy.
And even so if You know where to aim, You can destroy PZ IV, StUG and Panther from side with only one hit.

(Not counting bug(?) that sherman can withstand a hit by PF on the top armour...)

p.s. PF weight was only up to 7kg and i saw a picture in book 'bout wehrmacht soldier carrying 6 of them at once :P i think he was a panzerabwehr commando :D
« Last Edit: 30-05-2010, 17:05:11 by fredthekillah »

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 30-05-2010, 18:05:28 »
1)  Don't forget that the Piat and the Zook are also basically useless unless you get rear shots or lucky side shots, and even then might take multiple hits.  Faust meanwhile is instakill anywhere but front, and then it drops it to 1% from death.

2)  I think you forget about the panzerschreck.  The Faust is not the equivlent of the Piat and Zook, its a last defense weapon, whereas the schreck is more in line with the piat and zook.  It is also the most powerful infantry held AT weapon ingame :P

THat said, I could def get behind tank hunter kits next to bicycles ;)