Author Topic: [WIP] Jagdtiger Model  (Read 11420 times)

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
Re: [WIP] Jagdtiger Model
« Reply #15 on: 16-11-2009, 23:11:48 »
To me, it seems a little under-detailed, but I guess that's what texturing is for! I look forward for some uber-pwnage (Wink at lobo!) agaunst some little puny shermans and such

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 17-11-2009, 04:11:48 »
Ugghh I really dont want this tank into the game, its a good model and I congratulate you personally for model stuff, but for me the Jagdtiger is a giant failure of a tank, waste of resource, slow rate of fire, slow movement and way too heavy.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 17-11-2009, 05:11:51 »
Ugghh I really dont want this tank into the game, its a good model and I congratulate you personally for model stuff, but for me the Jagdtiger is a giant failure of a tank, waste of resource, slow rate of fire, slow movement and way too heavy.

Really, do you think he will stop doing this awesome thing because you dont wanna see it?

Its you against the world buddy.

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #18 on: 17-11-2009, 06:11:02 »
I would love to see this thing in FH2 4.25.  If it will fit in some map down the road I think it would be an awesome vehicle for the mod.
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline Krätzer

• Developer
  • Bitter Lemon
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 17-11-2009, 06:11:43 »
smooth the cannon... :-\

Taranov

« Reply #20 on: 17-11-2009, 06:11:20 »
Problem with gun mask - only ofe of bugs in big list.
Need to check mudguards, add polys to important details, remove not iportant details (better to made on texture or reduce polys)... Also better to check basical mesh first.

Use this pic as a reference:
http://s42.radikal.ru/i098/0911/9d/863843d3e67b.png

It's alo can be useful:
http://www.primeportal.net/tanks/dmitry_kiyatkin/jagdtiger
http://svsm.org/gallery/jagdtiger02

Better to start to do model from scratch. Made basical lines, and correct gun/mask. Than you made it show renders in one scale: front, rear, left, right, top. If basical mesh is ok, next step - adding details. If it's also ok, next step - wheels/tracks, it's very important work.

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 17-11-2009, 07:11:34 »

Really, do you think he will stop doing this awesome thing because you dont wanna see it?

Its you against the world buddy.

Im not against his model, but the tank itself right now. It will come, when the mod starts to model 1945 stuff. Even when this thing its on gameplay, it would be so slow and way easy to flank and kill. I go with a Jagdpanther any day.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 17-11-2009, 08:11:33 »
The guy who attacks a position with this tank should be considered an idiot, this tank should stay away from flags as much as he can. He can be easily flanked, but no if he is standing over a hill, in safe territory.

Offline mopskind

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 17-11-2009, 10:11:09 »
Well, first of all thanks for your comments- @yustax- hey this model is just for fun, i think its chances to be in official fh2 are quite small :D
@taranov- big thanks for the blueprint, mine where odd compared to this- i can now see details i need to rework ( mudguards more round, the back is wiered)
- the gunmask was messed up by the automatic-polygone reduce script, already mentioned that, ill completly redo that
- the basic mesh except for the mudguards fits well to the blueprints and is symetric, maybe the screenshot doesnt show this

So ill work on it and then ill start with texturing tutorials, so the next update could take quite some time ;)

Cheers

Offline Jürgen

• I belong to Naughty Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 17-11-2009, 11:11:32 »
Well, first of all thanks for your comments- @yustax- hey this model is just for fun, i think its chances to be in official fh2 are quite small :D
@taranov- big thanks for the blueprint, mine where odd compared to this- i can now see details i need to rework ( mudguards more round, the back is wiered)
- the gunmask was messed up by the automatic-polygone reduce script, already mentioned that, ill completly redo that
- the basic mesh except for the mudguards fits well to the blueprints and is symetric, maybe the screenshot doesnt show this

So ill work on it and then ill start with texturing tutorials, so the next update could take quite some time ;)

Cheers
Don´t redo anything,start from scratch again,and again,and again...you will learn that way more

Taranov

« Reply #25 on: 17-11-2009, 14:11:11 »
Yep, better start from scratch

Offline Toddel

• Administrator
  • Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 17-11-2009, 17:11:05 »

Cheers
Don´t redo anything,start from scratch again,and again,and again...you will learn that way more

Hey you learned something  ;D

Offline mopskind

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 17-11-2009, 17:11:49 »
yeah..;)

By the way is there any BlenderGod out there who can help me with uv unwrapping?? Man thats tough...Couldnt find any satisfying tutorials for Blender

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 17-11-2009, 19:11:54 »
Well I never said I was bashing the model, I like it. Feels good, but people here are really giving you good advise, so listen to them.

Good luck with your model  :)

Taranov

« Reply #29 on: 18-11-2009, 04:11:55 »
First step - made basical mesh. After that made renders: front, rear, left, right, top. In one scale. And post it ;)