Author Topic: Sidi Barrani  (Read 6570 times)

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
Re: Sidi Barrani
« Reply #30 on: 12-01-2013, 23:01:00 »
Unfortunately I am having a lot of work to do right now, so I'm afraid that I'll still have to leave you waiting for the pictures for a week or so. However, I will soon after post the first beta version of the map for you to try out in order to make up for all the times I had to postpone the promised updates.  ;)

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 13-01-2013, 09:01:09 »
Cool! Take your time  :)

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 13-02-2013, 15:02:27 »
I seem to have cured that flu I contracted last week. It was almost over on Saturday, but then I was like 'I need a Root Beer/Mountain Dew' and went to the next gas station and suffered a fierce relapse for the next couple of days. During that time I had high fever, a stuffed nose, etc. and couldn't even leave my bed at all.
Now I need to stay home for at least three days so that my body can restabilize and get it's power back.

Here's the point: I'll use these days to work on my map!  ;D
However, I'm unable to find the following objects in the editor: The petrol lamp and the cooker that is used on Normandy maps. Does anyone know where I can find them?

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 26-03-2013, 16:03:44 »
I have some good news: I will resume working on this map soon, so you can expect a beta within the next month! However, I would still need to know where I can find those two objects  ;D .

Offline Pejsaty

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 26-03-2013, 16:03:36 »
You mean oil lamp?

Edit:
I'm not sure if you're looking for these, but:

oil lamp:
objects->staticobjects->common->oillamp

cooker:
objects->staticobjects->common->fh_stove
« Last Edit: 26-03-2013, 16:03:08 by Pejsaty »

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 26-03-2013, 16:03:49 »
Well, actually I am referring to a paraffin lamp: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e5/Kerosine_lamp.jpg

Offline Pejsaty

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 26-03-2013, 16:03:37 »
Ok, check my edited post above.

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 26-03-2013, 16:03:02 »
Thanks, Pejsaty!  :D

Offline Pejsaty

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 26-03-2013, 16:03:49 »
Glad that I could help! ;)

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 30-04-2014, 20:04:58 »
First of all, I am sorry for the long wait. Secondly, I have a computer again so I can recommence my work. I have a tendency to cause desaster to strike as soon as I try to post images, but you can expect a first release within one month. It may very well take me less time than that, but my new occupation drastically restricts the time that I may use to play FH2, let alone creating custom content. I shall install the editor later to-night.
It will feel very somber to recommence my work, since I last added content around New Year's eve of last year, which was the last year that I was to spend in Europe  :'( . Anyway, If I recall correct, all that I still have to do is to add a few details here and there before I feel that it is ready to be presented unto you. It will not yet be light-mapped, but you will be able to explore it and let me know of any shortcomings. My goal is to have this map improved upon until it has Forgotten Hope 2 standards. Then I hope that it shall go the way of the Battle of Keren map  ;D . I would also like to thank everyone for their outpouring support of my endeavours and for all of the helpful references. Also, if I may ask, what happened to Cretan Village?

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 01-05-2014, 20:05:22 »
I just play-tested the map. It already has three of the four control points and the only part that is still missing is the town itself. If you like, I can upload the current version as an early alpha, or I could continue adding content until it is somewhat representable of the final outcome. I have the feeling that this is going to be a great map  :D .

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 01-05-2014, 20:05:20 »
Finish the town first I say. Unfortunately I wont be able to play it :(

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 08-05-2014, 07:05:38 »
It is coming along nicely! All roads are done except one or two and the town should be finished by to-morrow. I will have to go to bed now, it is almost 1am and I will have to work to-morrow. You may be able to play it by the end of this week. It is a one-to-one copy of the real deal, I used the correct maps and reconnaissance photos and the size ought to be roughly 1:1 as well, so it should play just like the real battle unfolded. The British will have armoured superiority, whilst the Italians will have to rely upon the us of static cannone da 47s, of which there are plenty scattered about the strongholds. The Allies will have to use their lorries because the distance to the Italian control points will be approximately the same line going from the British main to the airfield on Sidi Rezegh.

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 12-05-2014, 19:05:15 »
The town is now finished! I will still add some details to-day but plan on uploading a beta this week. It will include everything except lightmapping, so it shall give you the opportunity to test it and see if it would qualify as a possible official map, much like Keren. As I stated before, everything you seee in this map is a one-to-one copy of the original, save for a blind spot behind the Italian HQ, which was painstakingly re-created down to the last windowsill. Out of good measure, I have added a little hotel to the waterfront in said blind-spot. There will be civilian cars in realistic quantities, but they will not re-spawn. Since this is North Africa, a realistic quantity means one car per three or four households and a few at the hotel  :P .

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 12-05-2014, 19:05:56 »
Could you post some screenshots? :)