Author Topic: Community Map Pack #1  (Read 9969 times)

Offline [KamiKaze] Destroyer

• View Profile
Re: Community Map Pack #1
« Reply #15 on: 28-09-2012, 20:09:35 »
First votes, here we go! :D

But Turkish, you mean that you copy Kwiot's list exacly? =)

Well, not exactly only the without the second stonne and St mere eglise instead of it.  :)

Allright, got it ;)

Offline radiosmersh

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 28-09-2012, 20:09:16 »
My list:
1).Monte Cassino
2).Bloody Beach
3).Ste Mere Eglise
4).Stonne
5).Warsaw Uprising
« Last Edit: 28-09-2012, 20:09:34 by RADIOSMERSH »

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 28-09-2012, 20:09:49 »
Updated main post =)

"Battle of Stonne is keeping the lead, having 4 points! Just tailing behind we see Warsaw Uprising and Bloody Beach! St. Fromond and St Mere Eglise are struggling for the 4th position! Aswell as we have a new contender, Monte Cassino!"

Ofcourse, its a joke =) When you vote, when i vote, we must all think of maps that we want to play, thats it, nothing more =) Its not a race of any kind =)

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 28-09-2012, 21:09:42 »
so you're a modder who makes custom/fan maps to a BF2 mod.... and you refuse to call your work modding?

*aww... my head hurts, on that specific place right above my right temple*

Offline DanielNL

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 28-09-2012, 22:09:37 »
Ste Mere Eglise & Berchtesgaden FTW

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 28-09-2012, 23:09:45 »
so you're a modder who makes custom/fan maps to a BF2 mod.... and you refuse to call your work modding?

*aww... my head hurts, on that specific place right above my right temple*

Well, i dont =) I think its more proper to call it map-making, becouse like i said, if one would call all maps modding then one could consider all official FH2 maps as mods of FH2 no? As they all have (or at least that is the point) provide diffrent gameplay, so if one would be really extreme in taking the word modding, he could say that they all modify gameplay (like all custom maps do, in "custom" not the ones created by official crew of FH2 i guess) =)

Therefore, i think it is natural to split modding and mapping into two diffrent categories even if they sometimes overlap eachother. I mean, making map sometimes means to manipulate code or graphics to make it map specific, you could call it modifying, but the porpose is diffrent and it would be confusing with modding overally. For exemple, "Hey people! Lets play Operation Cobra mod!" would be confusing... Same with exemple, "Hey people! Lets play Warsaw Uprising mod!" would also be confusing... As mod, is something generally accepted as an modification that manipulates/replaces smaller or bigger parts of the modification source (here BF2 is source, and FH2 is mod). And i am yet to meet an exemple of a "mod" by this definition that can be played at the same time as its vanilla (like if BF2 players could join FH2 server and vice-versa). That is, where i would say, mapping and modding are taking two diffrent paths =) As my "mod" by your definition Warsaw Uprising, can be played without any modifications to existing FH2 and BF2 files ;)

But i guess, in the end, its all about what each one of us want a word to be, as words are only and always, an attempt visualisation of our intellect, nothing more, nothing less.

The exemple about FH2 WaW turnament shows that some map packs are "accepted" while others are "not accepted" through =) Nothing against that turnament, it was fun, just an exemple =)

Ste Mere Eglise & Berchtesgaden FTW
Allright, updated ;)
« Last Edit: 28-09-2012, 23:09:32 by [KamiKaze] Destroyer »

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 29-09-2012, 00:09:29 »
modding section is for people who likes to mod for fh1 or fh2.. pretty simple  :-\

if you have a map that you'd like to submit to us, just e-mail us.

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 29-09-2012, 00:09:13 »
modding section is for people who likes to mod for fh1 or fh2.. pretty simple  :-\

if you have a map that you'd like to submit to us, just e-mail us.

Sure =) Maps, mods, everything in development fits here, right, but map packs that itself is not much about modding rather putting together few maps into one file? But well, no problem, i guess nobody dies if this thread is here, just saying 8) Why dont you vote? It would be intresting to see your picks!  ;)

Offline pizzzaman

• Test Map De-coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 29-09-2012, 01:09:57 »
Battle for Vodka 64 objective

I'd love to see this map.  ;D
You are bathing in misery and hope, waiting for someone to come and pull the plug.

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 29-09-2012, 11:09:09 »
 Geez get off the guys back & stop smacking him in the head with your Dick-tionary.  :P

I like this idea no matter what section its in.

Kettcar was working on something similar and somehow he go lost in Russia along the way.
http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=6953.0

I think you should get permission to add some of the Forgotten Honor & WAW maps and then include some of them.

8)

Offline Markuss_X1

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 29-09-2012, 12:09:12 »
I, as Chief Administrator servers VBIOS confirm that the server put mapppak VBIOS # 2 FH2 2.45 |

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 29-09-2012, 16:09:44 »
Geez get off the guys back & stop smacking him in the head with your Dick-tionary.  :P

I like this idea no matter what section its in.

Kettcar was working on something similar and somehow he go lost in Russia along the way.
http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=6953.0

I think you should get permission to add some of the Forgotten Honor & WAW maps and then include some of them.

Yes, thats a good idea =) Eitherway, dont be worried to vote on maps that are not in the "custom map list" thread.

I looked over that old thread of Kettcar, and a lot maps i didint knew exist i found there :D Problem is... Links are old, aswell as compatibility with FH2.45... However, we all want this map pack to be proper, so, if there is need to making a fix for it to FH2.45, i think it is worth the effort, just so the community map pack is true community map pack =)

So, Jimi, why dont you post your 5 maps? :D As you seem to have been active long on this forum, i am sure you can dig up few diamonds! If some of those are along the WaW watch tower, i will know what to ask them for specifically ;)

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 29-09-2012, 17:09:02 »
Waitwaitwaitwaitwait...! If we are could have maps from WaW and F|H, can we please have Kefalonia?  :)

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 29-09-2012, 17:09:30 »
I think that becouse of the amount of maps (some might forget one at moment of voting, or change their mind later) i will have all votes open for edit until the voting closes =)

So, if you change your mind, just edit your voting post and replace however you like, when the voting will close i will sum up the votes from zero, so no worries, the "update" section might not be correct at moments becouse of this but the final points will be counted properly anyways =)

Before the voting ends, i will also make sure that all maps that are voted and might not appear entirely "open to public" are allowed by creators to be used for public play =) Communication on this thread will be the key, but, like i said, vote on any, and i will verify and tell you if the vote is "ok" :)

So, Turkish, i would suggest to write a list from 0 instead, so it will be easier for me to count it later aswell! ;)
« Last Edit: 29-09-2012, 17:09:55 by [KamiKaze] Destroyer »

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 29-09-2012, 18:09:45 »
So, Turkish, i would suggest to write a list from 0 instead, so it will be easier for me to count it later aswell! ;)

Allright, will do it as soon as I get home.  :)