Author Topic: Classic Omaha Beach Charlie Sector [FH1 Port]  (Read 9973 times)

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
Re: Classic Omaha Beach Charlie Sector [FH1 Port]
« Reply #15 on: 17-09-2012, 21:09:24 »
Sorry Slayer, I did not mean you. I meant Jan_Kurator. I should have added this. You addded constructive critic; again sorry for the misunderstandement.
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 17-09-2012, 22:09:57 »
I posted my feedback. Changing guns map specific sucks and have no sense at all. Better make minimod for that and let's see who will download it for the changes. People want to play a custom map as a new map only not a whole new game. Now it is imposition of ideas of one person because ppl will download it anyway as it was most popular FH1 map.

And UGLY high hills around make it more similiar to bf1942 omaha than FH0.7 one - they look completely unnatural. Looks like it's going to be another FH1 map remake which looks nothing like original map (see alpenfestung 2 for example)

Wanna good gameplay? Make good map not shitty one and adjust game settings to it.

Offline GIJordncc1701d

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 17-09-2012, 23:09:19 »
Screens look pretty good, I can't wait to play it!  ;D

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 18-09-2012, 01:09:24 »
 Great project.

Why not do something different. Increase the size of the map to allow 130+ players and add another beachhead like Utah & show both American beach landings on one map if that's possible.

I bet that has never been done before.

8)

Offline [KamiKaze] Destroyer

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 18-09-2012, 16:09:31 »
Guys, take it easy, complaining about terrain texture is not right moment... Its just quickly made up stuff, the hills i plan to replace by mirrored main beach (so it looks continues). What this version is for, is to mainly test size, "Is the water-->bunker range good?" "Is the beach long enough?", like i said, to make it as optimal as possible, not to big not to small =)

About MGs, Kurator, if the mgs are left as they are it might be impossible for allies to leave the boats ;P Gameplay is most important for me. And storming the beach by allies is to be managable, so everything must be adjusted to achive the optimal = Hard for allies (both in fact and in feeling) but not impossible.

Jimi, Thanks for the idea, i would like to see made map from your idea =) But, what i am trying to do is bring back the intense, a bit arcade style, a bit crazy feeling of FH1 charlie sector =) And, i also believe that 130 maps, is same as 64, unless you put all 130 players in one little part of the map, as you still wont see all 130 players at same time anyways... So in the end, it just makes the server take more load while its not really giving enoughting to the individual player =) Allright, for WaW / F|H campaign this is definetly intresting as squad teamwork and overall strategies are in, which in the end impact final result... In everyday random map play, nobody really cares if the team won or not, becouse there is no continuation ;) But yeah, i really like your idea, hope FH2 devs are reading this ;)

And yeah, i also get impression of snow haha :D however, like i say, layout must be checked first before any details like that.
« Last Edit: 18-09-2012, 16:09:18 by [KamiKaze] Destroyer »

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 18-09-2012, 21:09:03 »
anyways, test is on! ;)

Small test map pack, including charlie + warsaw

And server is up aswell, so lets try this out! =)

Offline pizzzaman

• Test Map De-coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 18-09-2012, 23:09:55 »
===================================================

Good start so far,  :)
but there are some problems:

First, the green lumps behind the boats.

Secondly,
Maybe make another hill for Americans to get up,
there is only one right now:

It could result in a bloodbath for the US.  :-\

Lastly,
Could you add some more cover on the left side of the beach?
The right side seems fine at the moment.

On the other hands, Bangalores work like a charm!  :)
Keep up the good work Destro! Looking forward to see this map progress.
You are bathing in misery and hope, waiting for someone to come and pull the plug.

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 19-09-2012, 00:09:19 »
Is there a destructible barbed wire fence in the game files or how do the bangalores work?

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 19-09-2012, 06:09:54 »
Is there a destructible barbed wire fence in the game files or how do the bangalores work?

Destructible wires were added last patch.

Offline radiosmersh

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 19-09-2012, 17:09:23 »
Classic Omaha Beach Charlie Sector and New version of Warsaw Omaha will be added to VBIOS #2 server in one hour. We are glad to see you on VBIOS #2 server.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 19-09-2012, 17:09:43 »
I checked out the omaha map.  :)  Can I post my feedback and bug reportings here?

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 19-09-2012, 18:09:31 »
Turkish, sure, go for it ;)

Pizzaman, i know the glitch issues, its just there temporary =)

About the passage, its just alternative passage to the bunker passages, just like in the original, its more like a support route, so if after capturing bunkers become a death-trap (cant get out from the bunkers on the top side and attack Axis_camp base from there) then there is this passage on the west =)

In short, its not ment to be main path, just alternative to the bunker capture way =)

About the cover (And this is kind of feedback i am looking on atm, also most important -> distances on the beach as i might need to move east bunker further away from the west, which also means re-working the terrain). Either way I see that left side lacking cover now from that screenshot ;) Added TODO list

I wonder, how is the beach terrain looking? Is there enough cover? Player doesint get stuck anywhere? =)

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 19-09-2012, 18:09:25 »
Turkish, sure, go for it ;)

Allright, here I go:

These barn doors dont look good on the beach, replace them

WTF?! flying flag? put it underwater that it wont be seen (putting underwater is possible afaik)
Also make the weather as if its about to rain, the landing day was like that IIRC

Both nebels are glitching into the landscape

Terrain looks too pale, make it a bit darker or correct the colours

Cant look through the scope because the wall blocks it.

It also looks a bit weird this way

This bug is almost in every building and bunker and IMO is the most annoying one.

Cobblestone walls in bunkers?

Bangalore appears as the composition B, dunno if this one is fixable because the bangalore is not official yet(afaik)

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 19-09-2012, 18:09:49 »
Thanks man! But, those are issues i know ;D I wont alter them until i know terrain high <--> distances are right =) If you could check the map again and focus mainly on that, it would be of great help ;) (Most objects are just quick placed)

About the "barn door" its Belgian Gate nothing to do with barn!! :D

« Last Edit: 19-09-2012, 18:09:48 by [KamiKaze] Destroyer »

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 19-09-2012, 19:09:26 »
All right! Didn't know that, I saw those on PHL thats why I taught those were doors.  :)