Poll

North Africa Mapping Contest

Yes
34 (82.9%)
No
7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: NA-Mapping Contest  (Read 5314 times)

Offline [KamiKaze] Destroyer

• View Profile
Re: NA-Mapping Contest
« Reply #75 on: 25-07-2012, 03:07:17 »
i totally agree that you have to start somewhere but have you ever wondered what happened to the last map contest? (it went exactly nowhere, with zero public disclosure or play-testing of the resuling submission's)

It was killed before anyone got to enjoy it. With Fh2 mod having close to 50 or so fan maps, maybe it's time to actually do something instead of creating rules and bullcrap that do nothing but stall progress and frustrate would-be map creator's.

Ask yourselves...   why are we opposed to having almost 100 maps in Fh2 mod after what is close to 5 years of Fh 2.0?

Like I said "shit or get off the pot", 

using North African only as a setting is a red herring to the actual problem of getting maps made and introduced to the mod.

Acually, i agree with that =) But that would be a bit of a diffrent thing? But it would still be intresting for sure, gather all maps and discuss/vote? We could have few diffrent points also, like "Looks of the map", "Gameplay", "Effects", "Originality" and maybe few more?

I like that idea, maybe that should be done first =) I wonder how to do it from techical perspective, maybe we would need a specific sub forum somewhere (here?) where ONLY maps will be posted as topics and people are able to post replies giving them the rating + argument =)

This is what i suggest:

A sub forum here in moding forum, in which map makers could be given admin rights (if its too much for FH2 devs to take care of =) ). Only one thread per map (made by the map maker or a co-maker) which includes presentation that follows a pre-defined scheme (i could make a template for it, what to include in presentation). Then a pre-defined voting system, including diffrent aspects of the map. The general idea is to have a kind of archive of custom maps, which can also be ranked by players which will be able to vote (also using a pre-defined template to keep it clean, which must include player play-time, immersion rating, visual quality rating, gameplay rating, pro & cons and maybe something else aswell =)
« Last Edit: 25-07-2012, 14:07:22 by [KamiKaze] Destroyer »

Offline [KamiKaze] Destroyer

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 26-07-2012, 13:07:35 »
Hmm... Not much intrest in this idea? What if i would create a forum especially for this then? Would you mappers out there submit your maps?

Offline pizzzaman

• Test Map De-coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 26-07-2012, 14:07:47 »
That is what I suggested, but Nissi is just waiting for people to enter the contest.
You are bathing in misery and hope, waiting for someone to come and pull the plug.

Offline psykfallet

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 07-08-2012, 12:08:21 »
Is this happening?