Author Topic: FH-HR Mini-Mod  (Read 6455 times)

Offline Vicious

• I belong to Naughty Club
  • Panty Buncher
    • View Profile
FH-HR Mini-Mod
« on: 31-08-2010, 18:08:17 »
Would FH allow content to be used to make a Hardcore Realism Mini-Mod? If so, what are the requirements? Can you give me some information. I'm thinking about making a small 2-3 map mod with some of the changes people have discussed to make the mod more immersible.

Maps will be initially be all para-drop to put emphasis on disorienting aspect of warfare and the importance of teamwork. Both sides can use teamwork to crush their enemy, attackers can quickly get behind enemy lines if they don't communicate, yet defenders can quickly call for support to crush small advances.

Maps:
Normandy Infantry Para-Drop Objective Mode (Allies: C47, Axis 88mm x 5 (ASSESTS)
Normandy Para-drop (Allies: C47, Axis: Sdkfz222, Panzer IIIM)
Crete Re-creation (Axis: Junkers, Stuka, Allies: AA, P40?, Matilda, Vickers)

Basic Outline:
No HUD
No Hit Indicators
Longer Spawn Times
Remove SL Spawn
Medics

Advanced Outline:
2 Person Tanks
Possible Insurgency Mode based around French Resistance
Arrow for tank turret movement
Radios for Squad Spawning
Small Camp for Team Spawning

So they are so infallible yet they can't even communicate and work with each other... sounds like politicians.

Offline elander

• [DLF]
    • View Profile
    • Den Lede Fi
Re: FH-HR Mini-Mod
« Reply #1 on: 31-08-2010, 19:08:21 »
Would FH allow content to be used to make a Hardcore Realism Mini-Mod? If so, what are the requirements? Can you give me some information. I'm thinking about making a small 2-3 map mod with some of the changes people have discussed to make the mod more immersible.

Maps will be initially be all para-drop to put emphasis on disorienting aspect of warfare and the importance of teamwork. Both sides can use teamwork to crush their enemy, attackers can quickly get behind enemy lines if they don't communicate, yet defenders can quickly call for support to crush small advances.

Maps:
Normandy Infantry Para-Drop Objective Mode (Allies: C47, Axis 88mm x 5 (ASSESTS)
Normandy Para-drop (Allies: C47, Axis: Sdkfz222, Panzer IIIM)
Crete Re-creation (Axis: Junkers, Stuka, Allies: AA, P40?, Matilda, Vickers)

Basic Outline:
No HUD
No Hit Indicators
Longer Spawn Times
Remove SL Spawn
Medics

Advanced Outline:
2 Person Tanks
Possible Insurgency Mode based around French Resistance
Arrow for tank turret movement
Radios for Squad Spawning
Small Camp for Team Spawning

Sounds like a plan ;) However are u a codemaster?

I know about your hacking skills, or atleast those accusations :P nvm.
« Last Edit: 31-08-2010, 19:08:24 by elander »

Disclaimer - Personal Opinions are not shared with DLF

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #2 on: 31-08-2010, 20:08:04 »
Do I smell a request for a PR with FH content and era?

A PR in WW2, I would probably play it from time to time and enjoy it for the over-seriousness of the people who play it which assures a good night of fun, the amount of uncontrolled idiots is sometimes too high in FH2.

But resistance will be there, alot.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01-09-2010, 14:09:49 »
If you are able to do all this, either apply as coder for the mod, or join a tournament and work with them for a tournament minimod. If you make this yourself as a public minimod you will get some downloads, but no server with people on them, trust me. all servers that run it will look like this

0/64

0/64

0/64

0/64

azreal

« Reply #4 on: 01-09-2010, 14:09:16 »
As long as you're minimod requires FH1/2 to play (which FH are you making this for?), then we will have no copyright issues or anything like that. Once FH1/2 is removed from the equation...is when you get an angry pm from Remdul. ;)

Offline Vicious

• Panty Buncher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01-09-2010, 17:09:40 »
As long as you're minimod requires FH1/2 to play (which FH are you making this for?), then we will have no copyright issues or anything like that. Once FH1/2 is removed from the equation...is when you get an angry pm from Remdul. ;)

Would be FH2, so just as long as it isn't a standalone download, yeah no problem.

PR might be the people that would have a problem with ripping off some of their coding without a PR download... I get it.

Natty, Defiantly have considered joining but would be as a mapper and maybe a sound engineer. I have a recording studio in the familia that I work with. Dunno if there is any need for new custom sounds or not.
So they are so infallible yet they can't even communicate and work with each other... sounds like politicians.

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #6 on: 01-09-2010, 18:09:18 »
  Are you super serious about trying this Vic?  If so I bet we could dig up a couple people to give this a try.  As to what Natty was saying I have to agree.  Fuck the mini-mod idea for right now.  Lets find a nice tourney map (a couple come to mind right now) that we can jack the view distance up on.  Then lets start tweaking things like weapons map side.  I think/hope we can also adjust the soldier speed and other little bits map side as well.  Only plop a tank or two on each side with a big respawn and limit the shit out of zippy transport and APC's with big spawn times as well.  If we try it and like it we could top it off with the WaW mini-mod for rally points.  Consider it more a proof of concept thing.  What do you say?  I am in for some of the nub work like tweaking the weapons playing with the map load out ect.  
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline Vicious

• Panty Buncher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01-09-2010, 18:09:26 »
Your a tank guy aren't you? 130th... maybe you'd enjoy my other idea for maps. FHT did one like this but I think someone needs to run with it. Big map, nothing but tanks, planes, statics, a couple snipers, HUGE cap zones. This I could see throwing together and getting something going publicly. I'll make another post for this.

FH-HR would be mainly infantry based, tanks would be very important assets with 15-20 minutes spawn times, turning off the mini-map and hit indicators would be huge for a paradrop map and I dunno if we could quickly do that.

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #8 on: 01-09-2010, 18:09:49 »
Your a tank guy aren't you? 130th... maybe you'd enjoy my other idea for maps. FHT did one like this but I think someone needs to run with it. Big map, nothing but tanks, planes, statics, a couple snipers, HUGE cap zones. This I could see throwing together and getting something going publicly. I'll make another post for this.

FH-HR would be mainly infantry based, tanks would be very important assets with 15-20 minutes spawn times, turning off the mini-map and hit indicators would be huge for a paradrop map and I dunno if we could quickly do that.

No no tanker here.  Tanks are for pedophiles and other degenerates.  ;D 
I do agree with you though about needing a serious overhaul to the way FH2 plays to make this really work.  Just doing some half ass changes here and there will not really give you the "PR" WW2 feel.  But we can do a great deal map side and if it starts to feel right you can use it for a basis of a mini-mod.  Get on the TS3 and lets talk.  Like I said we can use an already available map and play with cap zones/time loadout and such.   

Anyway.....Add me on the MSN's  lainer130th@hotmail.com
And get on the TS3.
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline Zeno

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01-09-2010, 18:09:40 »
are you Vicious from FHT?

Offline Vicious

• Panty Buncher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01-09-2010, 19:09:44 »
Who's TS3 are you on? I have friends over, so I have to wait til they leave.

Yes Zeno, the one and only, how ya been mate. I hope you didn't catch any collateral damage from the fallout battle between me and the bhodili.

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #11 on: 01-09-2010, 19:09:59 »
Who's TS3 are you on? I have friends over, so I have to wait til they leave.

Yes Zeno, the one and only, how ya been mate. I hope you didn't catch any collateral damage from the fallout battle between me and the bhodili.

WaWs new TS3.  I have to go help someone haul a boat out in another hour or so though.  I don't know if you are a Euro or not but I should be back around 4 to 5PM EST.

IP: 64.34.212.191
Port: 9991

No password

Offline Vicious

• Panty Buncher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01-09-2010, 19:09:05 »
gonna have to use a cover until avrojet or whoever approves me using my real name again.

Offline Zeno

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01-09-2010, 19:09:41 »

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #14 on: 01-09-2010, 19:09:19 »
LOL!  Do I sense creative differences getting nasty if we do this project?   ;)

Ahh well I will reserve judgment.  I have a very high tolerance for BS being married and all and can get along with most anyone.