Author Topic: Dutch (and Belgian) parliamentary elections  (Read 35206 times)

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
Re: Dutch parliamentary elections comming up
« Reply #15 on: 31-05-2010, 12:05:27 »
Deep discussion huh? I will never for the life of me vote PVV but claiming that over 1 million people are either stupid or racist? I knew this topic would end up being a joke. Good job.

Because they are. Its a barrel with gunpowder waiting for ignition. What do you think? any of these so called politicans really want the PVV to fuction like it does now after the elections? No they have an agenda for their own, no one can tell them what to do or what they say (hey if you repeat it long enough..) individual succes is what i call it. Theyve got elected in Almere, but choose to go opposition, why? Because only thn they can be usefull, shouting hard enough sying things need change, but coming up with ludacris, never working, to much costing "solutions". Its bullshit, its turning your back to democracy and saying F you idiots, ill do it my way. Sadly a lot of people amongst the herd are having trouble living, or atleast having trouble enjoying life. Mr Wilders looks like a jolly comic figure who'm promisis to give out  helping hand for the sobs. Wich brings me to my point: its  disgrace for humity, or atleast for the hard work the people have down since the '50's.
If you want to live in a fuck hole FINE, but realise The Netherlands aint. We live great, have no problems but boredom.
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline Abuzer

• View Profile
    • Dutchreview
« Reply #16 on: 31-05-2010, 12:05:11 »
First of all let me correct and apologize myself; racist was not the proper qualification. Mea culpa! Xenophobe seems more appropriate here. But yeah I can call 1 million people stupid. Wilders thrives on placing the link between Moroccan youth criminals and the Islam, and a lot of people think it is because of the Islam that Moroccan youth sometimes turns out the way they turn out. This is not the case; culture, economic position and backwardness account for their behaviour. And the weak attitude of the police and government here.
But it is just plain wrong to classify all Muslims in this manner, these people are here to stay and most of them are more modern and hard working than we can imagine (You would expect Wilders to know about all the peacefull Indonesian muslims)
So yes, when I say people are either xenophobe/discriminatory (if they get his story and still concur) or stupid (if they don't get his story but still vote for him). But don't worry, it isn't a crime to be stupid!  ;) Heck, we also got CDA and other christian parties, just as stupid in my opinion.
Nobel prize winner/available at dutchreview.com

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 31-05-2010, 16:05:22 »
I think I found a common trait among the Dutch FH2 members. D66 voters and FH2 players!

Off course this topic would focus in on the person tries to polarise the most.
But you know in the end he will make himself a laughing joke. Calling his standard voter Henk and Ingrid, tiresomely dredging up the "solve the immigration problem, will solve financial problems" rethoric.
I could see and hear in the last television debate that it almost sounded like he knew it was a frigging joke.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline 508th PIR Hawkeye

• Pacific? :D
    • View Profile
    • www.508thpir.com
« Reply #18 on: 31-05-2010, 17:05:25 »
Aargh! Too much reading since my last post!  :o

Also, we are almost the richest country in the EU, our national debt is almost the lowest in the EU.

Good point of discussion. In my opinion we pay way too much and get not enough in return (Either in the way of projects or in the say where our money should go). We waste money on the whole European cultural program if you ask me.

Get some goddamn improvements in the educational system!

Start with the Secondary school system because that's in the shitter.

"The American Paratrooper exists to give the  enemy soldier the best chance to die for his country." -- Gen. George Patton

• View Profile
    • www.508thpir.com
« Reply #19 on: 02-06-2010, 16:06:52 »
Heard about this game this morning, thought I would post it up.

Binnenhofbattle.nl
"The American Paratrooper exists to give the  enemy soldier the best chance to die for his country." -- Gen. George Patton

Offline Admiral Donutz

• Global Moderator
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02-06-2010, 18:06:14 »
In the last week or so more parties revealed what kind of coalition they'd prefer:

-Citing my newspaper here-

The CDA would prefer to form a coalition with VVD, D66 and GroenLinks (GreenLeft). Those are parties that "are willing to reform", so said demissionary premier and CDA partyleader, Balkenende. Such a coalition would have about 83 seats (out of 150), based on recent surveys.

PvdA and PVV don't belong to those parties that are willing to reform, so says Balkenende. The CU is "to some extend" pro reform. This is the first time Balkenende announced such a clear preferance.

Some other parties have done the same: D66 leader Pechtold prefers the VVD, PvdA and GroenLinks: A new "Paarse" (Purple) cabinet. Halsema, of GroenLinks, wants a coalition that is "as progressive as possible". The PvdA mentioned no preferances. VVD leader Rutte, who is way ahead in the polls/surveys, has not declared is dream(coalition)combination. But he did say that a new Paarse (purple) coalition seems rather unlikely due to the huge differences with the PvdA.

Before Balkenende's dream has any chanche of realisation they will have to work some things out first, because he and D66 have conflicting "breaking points". Balkenende wants to keep the hypotheekrenteaftrek (MortageInterest(Tax)Deduction) untouched, while Pechtold demands reforms of this fisicale deduction option.

What did became clear however, is that the changes of a "Danish" coalition ( CDA and VVD ruling in a minority cabinet with "tolerance-support" of the PVV) have become smaller. According to CDA statesecretary Bijsterveldt a coalition with the PVV would mean no further progress, which would be a deterioration.

The reactions to Balkenende's statements were far from enthousiastic. D66 leader Pechtold sticks to his preferance of a "nieuw paars" (new purple) cabinet with VVD, PvdA and GroenLinks and not with the CDA. GroenLinks leader Halsma said she was suprised by these statements of Balkenende, and that is a signal from the CDA to the VVD to not to link up with the PVV.

The VVD has yet to show it's cards, but it did state that the CDA hasn't shown in recent years to be part of one of those reforming oriented parties. "Arrogant" is how PVV leader Wilders labels the attitude of the CDA: "The CDA sits on the throne and says 'with you and you I'd like to govern and with you and you not'."

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #21 on: 02-06-2010, 19:06:09 »
CDA can prefer whatever they want, they are only going down anyways  ;D
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline luftwaffe.be

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 04-06-2010, 22:06:21 »
interesting to note is that the Belgians will have a new government the same week to (Well , I mean elections, and hopefully a government by the end of the year).

But for us it's sort of clear who's gonna win: the separatistic NVA . Current polls suggest it will become the largest party of the Flemish part of Belgium(26%). Not bad for a party that alone probably didn't even  get 5% last federal elections.But it's not a wonder that they get this score in a certain point of view : all other parties have shown that they only consist of incapable members

The party has lots to owe due to the fact that the party head merely lost in the show "de slimste mens"(view at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3q3qvrNhes), since other then Bart de Wever, the party does not have much to offer.

It's going to be a fun run towards the formation of a government, which is always a pain in the ass in Belgium, since it needs to consist out of Flemish and Walloon parties to form a government. Now think of that, when you know that the man who is going to win the election,  believes that Flanders should become independent...  (last formation only took them about a year and a half, followed by the resignation of that same government 3 months later ...)

Offline Admiral Donutz

• Global Moderator
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 05-06-2010, 00:06:07 »
Yeah, it's election time in Europe (well that is a bit of a generalisation but it's funny that the Chechz just had elections, and they got a centrum right goverment, the British just had elections and ended up with a centrum right goverment etc.). Our elections or on the Wednesday 9th, yours (Beglian elections) are on Sunday June 13th.

Chech elections in a nutshell:
Chech Republic a centrum right coaltion has been formed of the liberal Democratic Citizensparty (ODS, Občanská demokratická strana), rightwing conservative Tradition Responsibility Prosperity party (TOP 09 ,Tradice Odpovědnost Prosperita 09) and the new populist party Public Affairs (VV, Věci veřejné). Together they have 118 out of the 200 seats in parlaiment.

Belgian elections:
Care to give a rough background story of the Belgian elections (parties, espect seats and a general explination)?   The above information is nice bit too rough... =p

I don't know a whole lot about Belgian politics besides all the shit we hear about it from problems regarding BHV, the stuff with VlaamsBelang etc.  The name of the party "Nieuw-Vlaamse Alliantie" (NVA, New Flamish Allience) is a major turn off for me. It's almost as bad as a name as "Trots op Nederland" (Proud/pride of the Netherlands). Lol.  Nationalism makes me sick, and so does populism and retarded promises of "restoring the country to the days when things were still good". Conservative, nationalist bullcrap. Atleast that's the first thing that comes to mind from just the party name (which don't always cover the ageda of a party accurately or cna be outright deceptive...).  

Bonus material (lets allow some space for some humour):

One of the broadcasting organisations on the public channels, the VPRO (Verenigde Progressive Radio Omroep, United Progressive Radio Broadcast) gave some artists the task of designing posters for the main parties. Posters that  devine the core principle/vision of each party.

They write: (...) In todays elections it's not only just about the story/program of a party but also about their image. One image can make or break a polician. The official party posters leave much to be desired. (...) We can do better, and more honest. (...) So we gave some illustrators the task of portraying the character of each party. No exceptions, every party gets the same threatment. (...).

I'll post the remarkable ones below, the rest of the images (11 in total) can be seen on the website mentioned as the source:

Trots op Nederland (Proud/pride of the Netherlands)

For the right of inequality. Vote Deo Volente SGP.
Note: Deo Volente = god willing.

Campaign bundel/collection. P of [the] Labour. Strong Together.

Stop thinking (for yourselves). PVV.
Note: The image shows Geert Wilders with a plate infront of his head. This refers to the Dutch saying "Met een bord voor de kop lopen" ("Walking around with a plate infront of your head"). Wich means you're not open to other peoples views/opinions/visions and thus can only see things your way (the one and only, "correct" way).

God enlightens. Christen Union.

Balkenende Cabinet I, II, III, IV... and V?

Source: http://weblogs.vpro.nl/nieuws/2010/06/01/de-vpro-kiest-geen-partij

Bonus2: See the "bonus" post on the filefront forums (as the URL won't parse correctly here):
http://forums.filefront.com/pub/423736-dutch-parliamentary-elections-comming-up-3.html#post5332213

Or simply copy paste this in your URL bar and watch the last 10 seconds or so of the Minister of Social affairs driving through a red light. hehe_:
http://dewerelddraaitdoor.vara.nl/Video-list.627.0.html?&tx_ttnews[cat]=146&kalender=1275594568&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=17293&cHash=4ddd00d70f

^ I lol-ed when I was watching a popular current events/talk show "De Wereld Draait Door" (The world keeps on going around / The world goes around ), which perhaps can be compared just a little bit with the Daily show, be it with more interviews and less comedy. Anyway, during the comedy fragment they went to join (demissionary) minister of Social affairs and Employement, Donner. Donner cycles from his house to the parliament every day so they decided to interview him while cycling. Towards the end he can be seen well...
« Last Edit: 05-06-2010, 01:06:21 by Admiral Donutz »

Offline Admiral Donutz

• Global Moderator
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 09-06-2010, 00:06:20 »
Tomorrow morning (or today... as it's 0:32 on Wednesday morning...) the polling stations open... I'm still in doubt on wether to vote on D66 or GroenLinks... or (less likely) a strategic vote for PvdA...

The debate on TV didn't really help (they rarely or never do to be honest) either. They mayhelp narrow things down a bit, but for me I'd be better of with a one on one debate between D66 and GL...

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #25 on: 09-06-2010, 08:06:00 »
Pechtold, go for Pechtold!11

Don't screw our nation over with a 'strategic' vote for Job.  :P
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

• View Profile
    • www.508thpir.com
« Reply #26 on: 09-06-2010, 09:06:15 »
Just one a quick note: It seems we make it a national sport to have elections here in the low countries as the Belgians are allways stumbeling over their French-Flemish background and the Dutch well we had 4 elections in 8 years...  :D

My vote goes for the labor party with Job Cohen.

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 09-06-2010, 10:06:59 »
Just one a quick note: It seems we make it a national sport to have elections here in the low countries as the Belgians are allways stumbeling over their French-Flemish background and the Dutch well we had 4 elections in 8 years...  :D

My vote goes for the labor party with Job Cohen.

Well, it's not our fault that the wallon people don't want to follow the Belgian constitution. I hope the whole BHV issue ends now after NV-A will have a smashing victory. Our elections are next Sunday.

Offline Admiral Donutz

• Global Moderator
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 09-06-2010, 10:06:44 »
I'm still undecided, GroenLinks seems to go a little bit too far with "green" aspects on a few points such as not favouring any widening of current roads. IMHO there a re a few bottlenecks that need to be fixed. On the other hand D66 may be a bit too liberal when it comes to economics... so my perfect program would be a combination of both, although I agree with about 90% of both of their programs...   I voted on D66 last time, so either I can support them again or give GL a try this time...  ohwell, still have some hours left to figure it out.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 09-06-2010, 11:06:04 »

You will vote for GroenLinks.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame