Author Topic: Civilization V - The Thread  (Read 15051 times)

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: Civilization V - The Thread
« Reply #150 on: 03-10-2010, 18:10:38 »
Not to double post, but how the crap do I assemble the rocket? All the pieces are near my capital and yet it doesn't give me some sort of special option when trying to put them in the city

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
  • King of the Off-Topic Section
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #151 on: 03-10-2010, 22:10:51 »
My name is Darius I of Persia

I have laid all of Russia and Egypt below my feet

City-states such as Genoa, Belgrad, Edinburgh and Dublin have all been annexed by the mighty Persian empire

Now I turn my eyes to the west, there's one continent left. Filled with Germans, Chinese and Africans who will all become a subject of the Persian Empire

And now some things that's just funny and typical CIV stuff that happened so far during this round

- Robert E. Lee is the best General in the whole Persian Army
- Persian Immortals and catapults surrounding Moscow and St.Petersburg with Catharine begging for mercy
- Had one a ship with a Persian Scout sent out to sea looking for Helsinki, haven't found it yet got some more places to check and the year is soon 1700 AD

Another thing that I love with CIV5
- The return of the advisors. I loved these guys in CIV2, after that it has just been some tips here and there but now they are back in style helping out if you want them to
- The HUD, everything is easy to find, the only thing I can't find is the Civilopedia

But what happened to the spies and espionage from CIV4:BTS? Is it possible later in the game or removed completley ?
« Last Edit: 03-10-2010, 22:10:08 by Rawhide »

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 04-10-2010, 04:10:28 »
Removed.

and I nuked the hell out of Persia last game, China too :v

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Ekalbs

• Bored
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 04-10-2010, 15:10:10 »
HI, i believe you need to launch them into space first
Warhammer 40,000: Unverse At War Dev Team
Battlefield 1918 Coder

Offline Mr_Cheese

• Developer
  • FH2 dev
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio Website
« Reply #154 on: 05-10-2010, 00:10:55 »
Not to double post, but how the crap do I assemble the rocket? All the pieces are near my capital and yet it doesn't give me some sort of special option when trying to put them in the city
They need to be in your capital (which should also contain the Apollo Program). They are civilian units so there can't be a worker in the city at the same time and you can only have one SS section in the city at one time. One the SS section is in the capital one of its action buttons will be 'construct space ship' or something - this will add the section to the spaceship.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 05-10-2010, 08:10:38 »
I think you don't need the Apollo Program to be in your capital, but the launchpad will always be constructed in your capital, which is a bit odd. ^^
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Jobabb Jobabbsen

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 05-10-2010, 16:10:57 »
Im really eager to try Civ5, but my last Civ4 campaign is so über so i just have to finish it first. Its better than ive ever managed, the year is only 1300 AD and i have 1000 points more than the 2nd best (single player). Everyone hates me, but no one dare to mess with the mighty Chinese  8)

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 11-10-2010, 10:10:55 »
...the only thing I can't find is the Civilopedia

But what happened to the spies and espionage from CIV4:BTS? Is it possible later in the game or removed completley ?
Press F1 or click on 'HELP' up in the top right of the screen.

They're saving the cloak 'n dagger stuff for the expansions/DLC, I'll bet... ;)

Bought it, installed it (and Steam :(), and started playing. Things were moving along nicely early on, but something seemed off. A short while later (the turn before Stonehenge was completed in my capital to be exact), I end my turn and the first message I see next turn is "Stonehenge has been built in a distant land."...

FFFUUU-...

Typical bloody Civ...and all's well.  :)

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 11-10-2010, 11:10:02 »
Hehe at least now you get an 'achievement' when the PC does that to you 10 times in a row. (see the attachment)...I already got it (as did 75% of all Civ players). All is well. ;D

Offline cannonfodder

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 11-10-2010, 11:10:54 »
'Booby prize' is more like it.

Good to know I'm not the only victim of the computer "cheating"... ;D

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #160 on: 12-10-2010, 00:10:22 »
Baaah, damn this game

Got work in 6 hours and was going to bed since about 3 hours ago!

Still in my first "round" with mighty Persia

Just conquered Germany, it was a blast. German landknechts and longsword men tried to stop my advance but Persian Spitfire's and B52 bombers did a good job and later Persian paratroopers and infantry moved in, starting with Munich.

I really like the AI in CIV5 compared to the previous CIV games

After a bit into the war with Germany Bismarck actually understood that he could not win the war in a straight fight and pulled back and tried to slow down my advance so he could negotiate a cease-fire.

So, the year is 1969. The Persian empire is the greatest and now there's only Askia left on his continent.

He's not stronger then me but he'll put up a fight

Here's my general (think it was Akbar) and my invasion fleet, the year is 1925 and for 1 - 2 years now the Germans has stopped my previous invasions (mainly due to too small armies from my part)

Besides, am I the only one to miss this?

Downloadable content

Besides the 18 civilizations available in the standard retail version, additional civilizations will be available as downloadable content (DLC). So far Babylonia under Nebuchadnezzar II has been announced as a bonus civilization included in the Steam and Direct2Drive Digital Deluxe Editions. Additionally, several DLC map packs were offered as a pre-order bonus from various retailers: Steam, "Cradle of Civilization: Mesopotamia"; Amazon.com, "Cradle of Civilization: Asia"; Gamestop and Play.com, "Cradle of Civilization: The Mediterranean"; and Walmart, "Cradle of Civilization: The Americas." Both scenarios and standalone maps will be offered as future DLC, with the first "Double Civilization and Scenario Pack" tentatively scheduled for a late 2010 release.

Offline Paasky

• DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 12-10-2010, 06:10:07 »
Why would anyone buy any DLC's when the mods are going to be over 9000% better.
It's half naked people on boats. That's all.
Here in Finland we call that "summer".

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 12-10-2010, 07:10:52 »
I really like the AI in CIV5 compared to the previous CIV games

Sorry but the AI is dumb compared to older Civ games. Granted now it is more aggressive, but the diplomacy is something you can wipe your bottom with. ^^

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 12-10-2010, 09:10:24 »
I think the disc edition (at least the one sold in Finnish stores) comes with three of those "Cradle" DLC's - America, Asia and Mediterranean. But those don't contain any extra civs, do they, they're just scenarios which I never played in any Civ?

Still waiting for the Civ V Complete (and reintroduction of religion, spies, corporations, etc.) before I bother to invest.

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #164 on: 10-11-2010, 21:11:38 »
So my game as Darius has ended, domination victory.

Chieftain was a bit too easy but I still had a great time all the way

My mighty Persia was at war almost the entire time

Some of the best moments
- Robert E. Lee having some seriously awesome moments over and over and always coming out on top
  leading Immortals towards the German shores
- Dropping The Bomb, twice. You hear a plane, you see a plane, everything goes white. And what's left is what my Persian tanks will mop up

Next up, Rome on a higher level of difficulty