Author Topic: CTD  (Read 2870 times)

Offline krautkiller

• View Profile
CTD
« on: 14-08-2015, 15:08:14 »
I have played FH2 this morning. Now when i try to join the server I get a CTD.
I can play the game singleplayer but joiner a mulitplayer server it keeps crashing cant get it working anymore.
What is happening do i need to reinstall the game ?
Thanks for advice

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: CTD
« Reply #1 on: 14-08-2015, 18:08:23 »
1) Do you get an error message?
If yes, what does iot say  and if no, try to tick Windowed Mode in the Launcher and see if it does give an error message.

2) If you don't get a message, check security settings, maybe a Windows update, an antivurus update or a firewall update blocked FH2.

3) Also check if you can play BF2 online.
If yes, the problem is i FH2, if no, the problem is in BF2.

Offline krautkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14-08-2015, 21:08:04 »
1) Do you get an error message?
If yes, what does iot say  and if no, try to tick Windowed Mode in the Launcher and see if it does give an error message.
No i Dont get a error message just 1 sec black screen and a very fast ctd

2) If you don't get a message, check security settings, maybe a Windows update, an antivurus update or a firewall update blocked FH2.
No I didnt update my Windows. I have checked my antivirus but that isn't it

3) Also check if you can play BF2 online.
If yes, the problem is i FH2, if no, the problem is in BF2.
Haha I have never played BF2 online. Only played the game singleplayer but I don't even have a account. I just have the game for FH2

I will reinstall the game now see what happens (Now I get new problems aninstall the game-_- )
Problems with the InstallShield Wizard
« Last Edit: 14-08-2015, 21:08:46 by krautkiller »

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14-08-2015, 22:08:34 »
well, before you began to unninstall the game, you should try to run it in windowed mode and check if there is an error message then, like Slayer told you. That would proably save you a lot of trouble, or does it CTD for you without a message both with full screen and windowed more?

Offline Klimax

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24-11-2015, 19:11:26 »
gpu: intel hd4000 (ivy bridge i5 3320m)

bug: ctd next after the launcher start. usually i have to start the launcher +4 times before it works. i ran it as admin with sp3.

Offline caeno

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22-03-2017, 23:03:44 »
I've had this same thing happen to me twice in the last ~10 days on 2 different maps. Sadly I can't remember the first map, but...

I played 2-3 maps online today and when the server loaded Sammatus 64p my game crashed at 91-94% into loading. I Tried to connect to the server 5 times.

-I have all the latest versions of everything needed (as I just played a few maps earlier this evening).

-Windowed mode gave me a message _once_ from 5 attempts.
"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error
Program blaablaa/FH2.exe
This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more info."
That's all it said.

-I was able to load the map on local server, but when I tried to join the server online, the crashing started.

I have no idea why some maps refuse to load. I haven't done any changes in FH2 or BF2 or windows or my computer in anyway... The first map (which I don't remember) crashed at the same point. Around 91-94% - I saw it crash at 91, 92 and 94%. Tried the "repair" from launcher, but that didn't fix anything yet atleast.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23-03-2017, 00:03:33 »
-Windowed mode gave me a message _once_ from 5 attempts.
"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error
Program blaablaa/FH2.exe
This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more info."
That's all it said.
Please quote the exact message of the error, without the blabla thing, if you want somebody to help you.

Offline caeno

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23-03-2017, 01:03:50 »
You're serious..? "Program: blaablaa" was the installation folder... I thought the blaablaa/FH2.exe was quite obvious that it meant where the game is installed. It isn't important in any way regarding this issue, but if it really matters that much:

"Program: E:\BF2\ForgottenHope2.exe" that was the line. Everything else is word for word...

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23-03-2017, 15:03:45 »
Note that nowadays we run FH2 through the FH2Launcher.exe located in Battlefield 2\mods\fh2\bin\

If you have it (hope you do anyway), launch the .exe, go to options, and hit repair/check for updates.
« Last Edit: 23-03-2017, 15:03:36 by Roughbeak »

Offline Seth_Soldier

• Developer
  • "Mort aux cons !"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23-03-2017, 18:03:51 »
CMP was released recently on 762 server afaik. Perhaps it has created instability.

Weeks ago i also had crash on the 762 ingame (it is very random)

Also maybe it's a windows update ()

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 23-03-2017, 19:03:24 »
The problem of the custom maps is that they eat a ton of RAM. Take a look at Westwall. Too large and some parts are historically inaccurate, such as the Jumbos. And on servers where the average is about 40 people, this map, without push mode is one of the most poorly laid out, and the teams do not have the manpower to garrison these points. And what's with the excessive amount of G-43's? Replace them with G-41's!!
That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.
FH2 won't be the last FH. ;)

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 23-03-2017, 20:03:12 »
The problem of the custom maps is that they eat a ton of RAM. Take a look at Westwall. Too large and some parts are historically inaccurate, such as the Jumbos. And on servers where the average is about 40 people, this map, without push mode is one of the most poorly laid out, and the teams do not have the manpower to garrison these points. And what's with the excessive amount of G-43's? Replace them with G-41's!!
I can see you've just watched Ts4EVER's video. But what's the point with G-41s? Where did that come from?

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 23-03-2017, 21:03:17 »
I can see you've just watched Ts4EVER's video. But what's the point with G-41s? Where did that come from?
Well, I try to be historically accurate, but as far as I know, G-43's were becoming common in autumn, 1944. But I think September is a bit too early, and even if the G-43's were becoming common, I am 99% sure that the Eastern front had higher priority. Then, whenever they are out of place (Rammele, Brest) I think of the G-41 as a solution. Maybe just have the K-98 as the standard rifleman kit, and the G-43s as NCO and pickup kits? Also, scatter the kits concentrated in the bases.
That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 23-03-2017, 21:03:58 »
Well, I try to be historically accurate, but as far as I know, G-43's were becoming common in autumn, 1944 [...] I think of the G-41 as a solution.
G-41s were never that common, especially on the western front AFAIK.

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 23-03-2017, 21:03:03 »
Well, I try to be historically accurate, but as far as I know, G-43's were becoming common in autumn, 1944 [...] I think of the G-41 as a solution.
G-41s were never that common, especially on the western front AFAIK.
Oh, well, just replace the inaccurate G-43's with K-98's. I am sure they were common  ;D.