Author Topic: 1 in the Chamber  (Read 1646 times)

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
Re: 1 in the Chamber
« Reply #15 on: 19-03-2011, 21:03:37 »
No No No what Von Mudra is talking about is different then what I'm talking about. Go take any pistol, load a full clip, shoot all but one, hell just shoot one, it doesn't make a difference, if you chambered a round and didn't fire it, it's not going where while you change the clip, FOR MOST GUNS. Nothing changes about the way you reload animates.

No, I was responding to MasterChief's post.

Anyways, yes that's correct, but its hard to say if its possible in BF2.  The engine already only allows a single reload type.

Offline Vicious

• I belong to Naughty Club
  • Panty Buncher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 19-03-2011, 21:03:44 »
99.99% chance of not possible.

Didn't they say that about 128 Players? Many people who thought they knew what they were talking about.
So they are so infallible yet they can't even communicate and work with each other... sounds like politicians.

Offline Warior135

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 19-03-2011, 21:03:10 »
one way that the extra bullet being fed in is if it had a separate weapon slot witch is the same weapon with the same start of the reload animation except it has a part at the end where the soldier puts the gun on his knee and pulls the spring back and feeds in the extra bullet

it would use the share the ammo with the normal weapon.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 19-03-2011, 21:03:51 »
The guns this can work in are:
All SMGs
STG44
G43
LMGs

Basically mag-fed guns. For bolt action weapons, forget this, cuz it requires extra effort, light reloading an m1 garand mid-clip - not worth the animation

And to tell you the truth, it will do wonders for immersion if those little real life factors came into play - However, you kinda need a coder who has the time, cuz its really low, low priority.

Offline Vicious

• Panty Buncher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 19-03-2011, 21:03:19 »
makes me think about tanks, like if all tanks were reload friendly, and if so does it add any time? You load a HE then a tank rolls around the corner... did any tanks have flaws like the garand where you couldn't easily take a round out, once it was in? I don't want to change the topic but something to think about.
So they are so infallible yet they can't even communicate and work with each other... sounds like politicians.

Offline Kev4000

• Developer
  • FH2 "special" coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 19-03-2011, 21:03:41 »
You sure about that Djinn? I don't think open bolt SMGs can keep a round in the chamber. As they load from the magazine after pressing the trigger.
Also on those old open bolt SMGs, if you shot your last shot and kept the trigger down, the bolt would shut. But if you shot the last round in semi, the bolt would be open, so reloading would just require replacing the magazine (unless any of them have last shot bolt lock).
All in all, not possible in BF2. But if you look at the first BF3 trailer, you can see it.

Also, interesting how the FG42 is open bolt in fully automatic and closed bolt in semi.

makes me think about tanks, like if all tanks were reload friendly, and if so does it add any time? You load a HE then a tank rolls around the corner... did any tanks have flaws like the garand where you couldn't easily take a round out, once it was in? I don't want to change the topic but something to think about.

no, they'd press the bolt lever and the full bullet would eject and they'd load a different one. Would take a couple seconds for a trained crew. Here FH2 is optimized for gameplay though.
« Last Edit: 19-03-2011, 21:03:17 by Kev4000 »

Offline Vicious

• Panty Buncher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 19-03-2011, 22:03:09 »
no point in talking about something we can't implement.