Author Topic: Best 2.2 moments so far!  (Read 13153 times)

Biiviz

Re: Best 2.2 moments so far!
« Reply #75 on: 10-09-2009, 14:09:23 »
Heh, Schneider. I was about to post the same :P

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 10-09-2009, 15:09:17 »
New best moment so far:

Haha.  :P

...When I killed someone with the pitchfork, it registered as "Knife" in the kill messages...

Heh, Schneider. I was about to post the same :P

See?  What is Schneider doing differently that he gets special kill messages?

Biiviz

« Reply #77 on: 10-09-2009, 15:09:10 »
'Messer' is German for 'knife'. ;)

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 10-09-2009, 15:09:59 »
See?  What is Schneider doing differently that he gets special kill messages?

Well, I'm special.
No, Biiviz is right, there is no special killmessage for the pitchfork, just localization. Of course, showing it off in the killmessages would make it even more fun to stab people with it.  :)

Offline Tiny

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 10-09-2009, 17:09:02 »
One thing that struck me today, really the first time playing 2.2 when not beeing tired or whatever...and that is how beautiful the maps are. I mean just sneaking behind enemy lines on Falaise with Shermans driving past like lawnmowers...what an experience. Really is a different gameplay from the sands...

Offline Brewchief

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 10-09-2009, 19:09:12 »
One thing that struck me today, really the first time playing 2.2 when not beeing tired or whatever...and that is how beautiful the maps are. I mean just sneaking behind enemy lines on Falaise with Shermans driving past like lawnmowers...what an experience. Really is a different gameplay from the sands...

I was thinking the same thing last night.  Beautiful maps, So much you can do, so many places you can go!

Offline Havoc2090

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 10-09-2009, 22:09:15 »
i have to agree on the beautiful detail of the maps too, the grass around you "some fields have tall grass" make perfect hiding places from enemy tanks or enemy infantry trying to find you!, especially those hedgerows on luttich perfect for anti-tank ambushes :P seeing the face of a tanker while he see's his tank being pwned from out of nowhere is priceless :P
We haven't the proper facilities to take you all prisoner! Sorry!, We'd like to, but we can't accept your surrender! Was there anything else? - Quote from A Bridge Too Far

Offline trakpin

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 10-09-2009, 23:09:43 »
jumping into a PzKmpf VI Tiger1 for the first time and killing a M4. too  8)

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 11-09-2009, 08:09:11 »
Best map- All are great beautiful maps! I played a 16-player map (Totalize) and I managed to get 13 kills and no deaths + was also helping the team. It felt absolutely great! Never happened to me before.

Best Weapon so far - Mostly i was on the axis side so for me.........the MG42....as infantry I still use the k98. On the Allied side - M1A1 carbine and shotgun!

Best Tank- Cromwell was great but haven't had the opportunity to try others

Best Plane- Can't say....not a good pilot BUT they definitely are easier to fly! GRATZ to the devs.

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
  • King of the Off-Topic Section
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #84 on: 11-09-2009, 08:09:59 »
A good moment yesterday on F|H server, Allies lost the round sadly but the Axis did just win with 23 against zero.

Very good fight and a very good defense from Axis I must say

The key to win PDH as Allied is by good teamwork, commander artillery and to flank! Thanks to our squad, led by Samnadine, we always charged down south on either the west or eastern flank, after we were in the same height with the flag on the map we went in on the flag.

So no direct assault, flank attack is the key! 

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 11-09-2009, 10:09:13 »
Was on the Canadian side in Falaise Pocket, was stalking tanks with a PIAT, lying prone next to a tree along the river. Across, a Panther rolls into view. I have but one grenade left. Sure, the range is way over the supposed maximum 110 ft, so I aim way above the target, and press the trigger. The grenade sails in a perfect arc, landing directly on top of the engine deck, killing the Panther and its two occupants.

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #86 on: 11-09-2009, 10:09:26 »
Was on the Canadian side in Falaise Pocket, was stalking tanks with a PIAT, lying prone next to a tree along the river. Across, a Panther rolls into view. I have but one grenade left. Sure, the range is way over the supposed maximum 110 ft, so I aim way above the target, and press the trigger. The grenade sails in a perfect arc, landing directly on top of the engine deck, killing the Panther and its two occupants.
Haha, Jesus!

Screenshots/video or it did not happen, sounds awesome :D

Offline dutch

• FHT - F|H Tournament Founder
    • View Profile
    • www.forgottenhonor.com
« Reply #87 on: 11-09-2009, 10:09:09 »
A good moment yesterday on F|H server, Allies lost the round sadly but the Axis did just win with 23 against zero.

The key to win PDH as Allied is by good teamwork, commander artillery and to flank! Thanks to our squad, led by Samnadine, we always charged down south on either the west or eastern flank, after we were in the same height with the flag on the map we went in on the flag.

No offence you noob, but that was my squad. ;) Sam's squad was just canonfodder.
"Vive la mort, vive la guerre, vive le sacre mercenaire."

www.forgottenhonor.com

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #88 on: 11-09-2009, 11:09:29 »

No offence you noob, but that was my squad. ;) Sam's squad was just canonfodder.

Offline Hresvelgr

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 11-09-2009, 13:09:14 »
It seems that none of the new players know what flanking is. Their idea of flanking is going 5 feet to the left of the flag. This makes for fun gameplay as Germans on PHL. It's fun to just shoot those grouped direct-assaulting dudes and toss frag nades at them for a while. Until 20 minutes in when they're still doing the same thing and you start sobbing at the computer as you shoot them because it went from funny to outright depressing. Seriously, this morning I played a round of PHL and we won without even losing the last bridge flag. Most of the Americans did the same thing over and over and over again. Got really sad at times.

Another moment of triumph, or sadistic glee rather, stealing the 6-pounder at Falaise and shooting HE rounds at random buildings in the distance to rack up tons of unintentional kills. Must've gotten 10-15 guys that way, only ever saw at most 2 of them.