Author Topic: jh  (Read 1543 times)

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
Re: The FH -help a fella get a job with LinkedIn- topic
« Reply #15 on: 31-01-2013, 10:01:52 »
http://ae.linkedin.com/pub/viktor-korsakov/64/a39/213/
If someone actually contacts me looking to hire me... oh the hilarity that shall ensue.

The most awesome linkedIn profile I've seen so far.

Some people are just too serious with LinkedIn and have built massive bullshit after their paper-pushing years, nothing but typing stuff over MS Office applications and get self-applauded for that. But none can reach this level of ingenuity.

Some mushroom caps and scorpion venom, I tell you I had a cure for ADHD!

Gold,

Don't forget about weapons you are proficient with.
« Last Edit: 31-01-2013, 10:01:23 by Zoologic »

Offline Abuzer

• View Profile
    • Dutchreview
« Reply #16 on: 31-01-2013, 11:01:44 »
Brilliant profile Korsakov!

@NTH: So, is your salary up for cuts as well? ;) Anyways, this endorsements stuff works slowly. Haven't received yours (and yes why thank you, I speak nicely in public indeed), have you received mine?

@Siben: No prob, don't want to be seen as a spamming beggar, more like a FH-crowdsourcing entrepreneur  ;D I just wish I put some more effort in this kind of stuff when I still had a job
Nobel prize winner/available at dutchreview.com

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 31-01-2013, 11:01:14 »
Don´t use LinkedIn, so I can´t help you there, Abuzer. For some reason I don´t feel very comfortable, putting all those private information on the internet, for everyone with a decent skill of Google-Fu to see. Maybe I´m a bit old-fashioned in that sense, but I don´t really believe in putting tons of private infos on the net.
For example my FB profile contains the bare info I feel people need to know, nothing more. There are people out there who share pretty much everything with the internet (not speaking of Korsakovs profile, it´s brilliant ;)), like it´s some sort of diary. And that´s not really my cup of tea.
Maybe since I haven´t made any real steps into the job market and still study I can´t really judge if employers really want all those infos presented to them (and the rest of the world)...

And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 31-01-2013, 11:01:47 »
Yeah it is divided by one wife and three kids, not much left over that :-).
Check again, it is added now, I guess the Windows Phone app is working that great.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 31-01-2013, 11:01:43 »
Don´t use LinkedIn, so I can´t help you there, Abuzer. For some reason I don´t feel very comfortable, putting all those private information on the internet, for everyone with a decent skill of Google-Fu to see. Maybe I´m a bit old-fashioned in that sense, but I don´t really believe in putting tons of private infos on the net.
For example my FB profile contains the bare info I feel people need to know, nothing more. There are people out there who share pretty much everything with the internet (not speaking of Korsakovs profile, it´s brilliant ;)), like it´s some sort of diary. And that´s not really my cup of tea.
Maybe since I haven´t made any real steps into the job market and still study I can´t really judge if employers really want all those infos presented to them (and the rest of the world)...

LinkedIn is just business, doesn't interfere with my private life. People aren't posting stories about what they did last weekend on it, at least I hope they don't Korsakovs excluded off course  ;)

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Abuzer

• View Profile
    • Dutchreview
« Reply #20 on: 31-01-2013, 11:01:17 »
3 kids? You lucky and poor sob at the same time   ;)
Received and thank you very much!

@Homer_Jay
LinkedIn is strictly business. When you're a teacher or doctor you can do without, when a certain part of your career is networking and getting around like mine, LinkedIn is handy to have. And I have a bigger chance of being hired as a debate moderator when there are 25 people endorsing me for public speaking then just 5 (like now). What job-market do you want to get into later on?
« Last Edit: 31-01-2013, 12:01:21 by Abuzer »

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 31-01-2013, 11:01:58 »
Fortunately LinkedIn is "just" business, I read enough about private escapades on FB, no need to have that elsewhere, too.
I guess if you really want to keep up a high-profile and networking is an essential part of your career it might come in handy, especially in a globalised world. I´m not (yet?) in such a position, so that´s why I´m a tad sceptical about it all.

Abuzer, I don´t have a particular goal for later, yet. I´m still studying and if all goes well I´ll have my Masters degree in around 3 years. Haven´t planed much further, but my broad goal would include working in an administrative position for the state or the EU.
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 31-01-2013, 12:01:24 »
Yeah, LinkedIn is much more professional business social network. People do get recruited form LinkedIn from time to time. We got informed about upcoming project consulting vacancy from there as well time to time.

It is not as shallow as Facebook or spammy as Twitter. But some people are just damn too serious in abusing its potential that they wrote even the bullshittest of credentials: attending motivational seminars and certifications in quirky science like hypnosis for business purpose, unregulated alternative medicine, and alike. Some even go as far as over-exaggerating work performance claims.

Offline Abuzer

• View Profile
    • Dutchreview
« Reply #23 on: 31-01-2013, 12:01:54 »
@Homer_Jay
So you want in on a administrative position in the state or EU? Sounds like me a couple of years ago. Besides the necessary studies, I also fulfilled side-conditions like: studying abroad, extra courses, meaningful jobs and  commissions besides studying. And guess what? Where fulfilling an administrative position was the bare minimum I would do before 2008, that is nowadays a dream job for many.
Furthermore, all governmental agencies across the board are cutting back heavily on new recruits, and there are way more potential recruits in these times.

I used to be one of those persons who would see certain other people as 'soulless job-hunters', as people who lived to work, instead of working to enjoy life (still do actually). But hey, being low on funds or threatened to work the waiter-job again, and guess what. You've found yourself in a position that you wished you had pimped the shit out of your (LinkedIn) career profile a few years earlier.
So yeah my advice is to fire up that LinkedIn account, those beautiful studying days are gonna be gone quicker than you can imagine.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 31-01-2013, 14:01:15 »
Yeah, LinkedIn is much more professional business social network. People do get recruited form LinkedIn from time to time. We got informed about upcoming project consulting vacancy from there as well time to time.

It is not as shallow as Facebook or spammy as Twitter. But some people are just damn too serious in abusing its potential that they wrote even the bullshittest of credentials: attending motivational seminars and certifications in quirky science like hypnosis for business purpose, unregulated alternative medicine, and alike. Some even go as far as over-exaggerating work performance claims.

Only in Indonesia ?!

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 31-01-2013, 15:01:28 »
At least those examples I stated are indeed from here. But the hypnosis trainer is from the USA, and he do have LinkedIn profile too.

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 31-01-2013, 15:01:33 »
http://ae.linkedin.com/pub/viktor-korsakov/64/a39/213/
If someone actually contacts me looking to hire me... oh the hilarity that shall ensue.

Languages spoken :

Russian
    (Native or bilingual proficiency)
    English
    (Professional working proficiency)
    Arabic
    Persian
    Pashtun
    Tajik
    Ukrainian
    Belorusian
    Kurdish
    Baloch
    Georgian
    Abkhazian
    Chechen
    Latvian
    (Limited working proficiency)
    Lithuanian
    Latin
    Greek
    Armenian
    German
    (Elementary proficiency)
    Dutch
    (Elementary proficiency)
    Serbian
    (Elementary proficiency)
    Czech
    (Elementary proficiency)
    Polish
    (Elementary proficiency)
    Punjabi
    (Elementary proficiency)
    Adyghe

;D

Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 31-01-2013, 16:01:49 »
 As the bionic Russian mercenary that he is, would we expect any less from Mr. Korsakov?
My Quebec includes Canada

Offline Abuzer

• View Profile
    • Dutchreview
« Reply #28 on: 01-02-2013, 12:02:14 »
So who are from the Linkopings university and Deloitte?

Common people! Endorse each other  :)

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 02-02-2013, 05:02:09 »
I am with Deloitte, but not Linkoping.