Author Topic: WinSPWW2 Soviet Union campaign 1941-45 (summary in 1st post)  (Read 14780 times)

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
Re: WinSPWW2 Long campaign as Soviet Union
« Reply #45 on: 22-12-2013, 00:12:27 »
I can pick up some Naval infantry in a few battles, they're available right now but you do need to save up a bit to get more expensive infantry.
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline AfterDune

• PR Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 22-12-2013, 00:12:41 »
Are my infantry guys still alive and kicking? :D

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 22-12-2013, 00:12:57 »
Noice! Scumbag back-capping BT tonks, I need to get my guys some new hats to wear
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 22-12-2013, 01:12:46 »
Are my infantry guys still alive and kicking? :D

They are. You're the head of the rifle squad that runs the mortar batteries, so you're kicking ass but not in a way that's hilarious to write about just yet :D.

Noice! Scumbag back-capping BT tonks, I need to get my guys some new hats to wear

Fucking back-capping pricks. Some of your BT drivers got a bit humbled in the last match though, one of them tried to drive up a cliff and got stuck :D.

Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 22-12-2013, 06:12:33 »
Finland proved to be an entirely different adversary than Poland did for the Soviet forces. It was like fighting 10 badgers instead of 50 rats. The battle got off to a shittacular start when a Finnish plane successfully destroyed three Russian ammo trucks, thoroughly ruining what had been looking like a solid 122mm howitzer party just getting under way.

Completely incapable of minding their own business, the Finnish air force then attacked several of Musti's BT tanks dug in for defense:

The Soviets committed all forces to defense, apart from the newly-refit tankette company. 16 T-27s and 3 OT-27s set off in search of the enemy in the southern sector and quickly found a Finnish rifle company sneaking through the woods. After thoroughly Swiss-cheesing the Finns with MG fire and toasting a couple with the flame tankettes, the T-27 company harassed rear Finnish positions with some success for the rest of the battle.

von Mudra's 45mm AT gun battery had a field day, knocking out six Vickers 6s tanks that attempted to take a small village. Two guns were eventually put out of action by 76mm field howitzers.

Major LHeureux's conscripts were having a great fucking time in the woods playing with pine cones and having snowball fights, and they were doing an excellent job holding the crossroads northwest of the village until the Finns showed up. Armed only with a nugget and two grenades, the conscripts inflicted some light casualties on the invading Finnish jaeger company but at the end of the battle the only hope for LHeureux's men was to pray the Finns didn't want any land 200 Russian peasants had shit their pants on.

The toughest part of the fighting was the fact that every Finnish soldier seemed to have a weapon that could destroy Soviet armor. Molotovs, flamethrowers, satchel charges, and God knows what else. A T-26 would hold a bridgehead and keep three Finnish squads pinned, but there was always a fourth ready to satchel it and several Russian tanks were lost, including a rare (for WinSPWW2) deturreter:

The fighting was so fierce that only Kaptain Homer Jays recce squadron suffered no casualties. Fuchs' paratrooper company fought well and lost only a couple of men, but Hjaldrgud's ski company was completely wiped out: only 12 men out of 145 survived the battle. Afterdune's infantry platoon defended the mortar batteries nicely alongside Kalkalash' Cossacks, who also suffered only light casualties. Tankbuster cruised around the battle alone in his shiny new SU-6, but he will have to wait another day to kill his first enemy tank as only soon-to-be-catfood infantry crossed his path.

Though only four of the dozen victory hexes fell into Finnish hands, routs were common amongst the mostly green and low-morale Soviet forces. However, as before in Poland, the Soviet meat shield battalion hung around long enough to earn their fourth straight draw to start the campaign. The biggest fuckup was using artillery in direct fire roles: though more effective when firing at Finnish forces they physically saw rather than bombarding coordinates given by recce units, they were vulnerable in their forward positions and most artillery pieces were blasted to smithereens.

But the roughest is still to come. After the battle, Soviet command ordered an immediate counter-attack to recover the lost ground. Without time to refit and resupply, and with no chance of repairing vehicles or drafting more men into the fight, the Soviets will have to attack Finnish positions immediately. With only couple infantry companies capable of fighting and just 3 tanks (1 x T-26, 2 x T-35) available for the attack, who the fuck knows what could happen. Defeat seems likely with such a bruised force, and if the Soviet HQ unit is destroyed the campaign would be over after just 5 of 200 battles. On the other hand, the Finns are hurting too and a patient, clever attack on their positions might just bring the first, sweetest taste of victory.

Will the Soviets get the shit kicked out of them, or will they splash about happily in the brains of their enemies? Time will tell..

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 22-12-2013, 07:12:36 »
I'm glad to see my at guns are kicking ass!  BTW, what was that attack I turned back in the last Poland battle?

Also, I fully expect my guns to be rushed forward as infantry support artillery for the coming offensive ;)

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 22-12-2013, 07:12:59 »
The last Polish battle your battery obliterated a handful of TKS and TKS.m tankettes. It was kind of weird actually, normally I only see TKS' early in the battle because they are part of a recce/armored car squadron in the Polish OOB and you tend to run into those things earlier in the battle.

I'll load all your guns onto a couple ZiS trucks and taxi to the front line next battle!

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 22-12-2013, 07:12:54 »
Excellent!  I hope I can blast some strong points with 'em! :D

Or die horribly :D

Offline Tankbuster

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 22-12-2013, 10:12:06 »
Hope to blow up some strongpoints with my TankDestroyer soon(TM)

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 22-12-2013, 12:12:07 »
The fighting was so fierce that only Kaptain Homer Jays recce squadron suffered no casualties.
Can´t believe that recce units can come out of battles without casualties. Either my boys are really a bunch of elite soldiers or they spent the battle comparing their horses junk, again. Either way, good for them! :D
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 22-12-2013, 13:12:56 »
  but Hjaldrgud's ski company was completely wiped out: only 12 men out of 145 survived the battle.
I lost so many of my comrades. Will my company be replenished to Its former glory, sir? I am eager to revenge my fallen! 

(by the way, what destroyed my company?)

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline th_battleaxe

• Bon Vivant
  • Bit of a Révolutionnaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 22-12-2013, 17:12:43 »
What happened to my guys, actually?

Edit: They were not playing grab ass, they were fixing the latrines!
J'aime l'oignon, frît à l'huile
J'aime l'oignon car il est bon
J'aime l'oignon, frît à l'huile
J'aime l'oignon, j'aime l'oignon

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 22-12-2013, 19:12:57 »
Hope to blow up some strongpoints with my TankDestroyer soon(TM)

You are going to have a key role to play in the next battle, which is halfway done. I can't say more right now in case I fuck up and you get blasted by arty or drive into a lake or something :D.

The fighting was so fierce that only Kaptain Homer Jays recce squadron suffered no casualties.
Can´t believe that recce units can come out of battles without casualties. Either my boys are really a bunch of elite soldiers or they spent the battle comparing their horses junk, again. Either way, good for them! :D

Generally no casualties mean a cowardly force but your guys did what scouts are supposed to do! They found the enemy and called artillery strikes on them.

but Hjaldrgud's ski company was completely wiped out: only 12 men out of 145 survived the battle.
I lost so many of my comrades. Will my company be replenished to Its former glory, sir? I am eager to revenge my fallen! 

(by the way, what destroyed my company?)

Artillery, mainly. The Finns don't have a lot of heavy artillery but their field guns are fucking relentless.

What happened to my guys, actually?

Edit: They were not playing grab ass, they were fixing the latrines!

Your AA battery got completely wiped out :(. I set them up for direct fire since they have AP shells that can do a lot of damage to 1939-era tanks, and after they spent about 20 turns blasting all the infantry that came their way and doing a hell of a job at it that God damn artillery blasted them too.

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #58 on: 22-12-2013, 20:12:00 »
If you get the chance to buy some, I'd love to take a DShK.

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 22-12-2013, 22:12:08 »
My conscripts are always taking the heavy stuff for the rest of the army!  ;)

I hope to read about them doing heroic weird stuff!
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy