Author Topic: WinSPWW2 Soviet Union campaign 1941-45 (summary in 1st post)  (Read 14794 times)

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
Re: WinSPWW2 Long campaign as Soviet Union
« Reply #30 on: 21-12-2013, 14:12:24 »
Paratroopers proudly bleed for the Motherland. Am I still alive?
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 21-12-2013, 17:12:05 »
Once again your great storytelling, I admit, I missed it!  :)

If it's not taken, I'd take the old "three-incher", 76mm 1902 field artillery, for the glory of old Russia.

Thanks buddy, I'll add a battery of that in for the 4th battle.

Paratroopers proudly bleed for the Motherland. Am I still alive?

Yes, you survived the slaughter. Surprisingly everyone who volunteered is still alive, but I'm sure some will be dead sooner or later :D.
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 21-12-2013, 17:12:45 »
Wow I'm a badass :D 22/10 mowing them tanks down. I wonder how long it will last though.
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 21-12-2013, 18:12:12 »
Wow I'm a badass :D 22/10 mowing them tanks down. I wonder how long it will last though.

I wonder too. For those that don't know WinSPWW2 is a bit like an RPG, you get experience the more "you" fight, and you become much better (assuming you can stay alive). Right now all the troops are at the basic level of experience except the Ski company and the Paratroopers, who have bonus variables (the Conscripts start at negative points).

So your BT company for example is full of green troops. The more they fight the better it will be: after a few battles it becomes easier to rally scared/routed troops, you get better at spotting enemy positions, more accurate with the gun fire, etc. The tricky part is not dying, because when a tank is destroyed (assuming the crew can't bail out and they die), the next battle that tank has a new crew with no experience.

The BT-7s are actually holding their own which is surprising because we're mainly against 7TP tanks and they all have a few APCR rounds when even their normal AP shell is enough to destroy fast tanks.

Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline luftwaffe.be

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 21-12-2013, 18:12:31 »
Hey mate, have you added my glorious MG squad to the motherland aswell ?   :)

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 21-12-2013, 18:12:59 »
Hey mate, have you added my glorious MG squad to the motherland aswell ?   :)

I will add it for the 4th battle. Do you want Maxim or DShk?

Offline luftwaffe.be

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 21-12-2013, 18:12:49 »
give me maxim :)

Offline Tankbuster

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 21-12-2013, 18:12:19 »
Will I be added as AT support?

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 21-12-2013, 18:12:30 »
I will add everyone who wants to be in! It just takes a couple battles to add new infantry/vehicles/arty sometimes. You get repair points to fix all your destroyed kit after the battle, but it's based off how well you did so if you lose too much you can't repair everything. If you have repair points left over you can buy new stuff, so as soon as I get it all done everyone will be added!

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 21-12-2013, 19:12:36 »
now all the troops are at the basic level of experience except the Ski company and the Paratroopers, who have bonus variables (the Conscripts start at negative points).
Good to hear that I am an experienced bad mother fucker!  8) 

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 21-12-2013, 19:12:53 »
Did my AT gun unit gain any experience or bonus equipment or such, for taking no losses and gaining 5 kills? :3

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 21-12-2013, 20:12:11 »
Did my AT gun unit gain any experience or bonus equipment or such, for taking no losses and gaining 5 kills? :3

Yes, two of the guns gained experience points and are now officially an average unit :D.

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 21-12-2013, 20:12:38 »
now all the troops are at the basic level of experience except the Ski company and the Paratroopers, who have bonus variables (the Conscripts start at negative points).
Good to hear that I am an experienced bad mother fucker!  8) 

Yeah, ski companies are considered elite units in the game, like mountain troops, Siberian troops, etc. But the best thing about them is they get extra move points on snow, so they literally just ski around at top speed, kicking ass and murdering all the infantry stuck in the snow. I'm going to set snow for the fourth battle (3rd is already under way) so we'll see how they do.

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 21-12-2013, 22:12:13 »
The third battle in Poland, and third consecutive meeting engagement, saw the Red Army facing a huge force of Polish infantry with several tank companies for support. The battle was always going to be tough: the Red forces had lost a large number of tanks in the previous battle and few could be repaired in time. Those with a functioning gun were placed in the Soviet rear as dug-in emplacements.

Kalkalash's Cossack squadron led the main charge through several fields to a small village where they killed off a few Polish scouting units and even managed to defeat three Polish 7TP tanks and one Vickers Mk. A:

Teamwork was no longer just a good idea, but a requirement for success: here three Cossack squads attack a Polish tank. The first squad attempted a close assault and was repelled, suffering 2 casualties. The second squad succeeded in blowing off a track with a grenade, and the third squad destroyed the tank.

The ZiS truck in the background is delivering Cossack marshmallows for the campfire.

Musti's BT company was the only tank force fighting at full strength, and managed to stay clear of enemy guns while infiltrating the Polish rear guard. One of the BT-7 tanks found the holy grail, the Polish HQ unit. Destroying it effectively cripples the enemy force, making the entire army ten times more likely to surrender. Musti's men could not follow the retreating HQ unit through the buildings with their tanks, so they dismounted and destroyed the Polish HQ on foot. Gangster!

Hjaldrgud's ski troopers fought a tough fight against many Polish rifle divisions, securing two objectives but losing a third.

The roughest part of the battle was in the southern sector, where house-to-house fighting took place. Altough Musti's BT company managed to avoid enemy tanks entirely, this only meant some other part of the Russian force would need to fight enemy armor, and tragically this mission fell to the Soviet's tankette company. All 16 T-27s and all 3 OT-27s were lost to enemy action.

Fuch's paratrooper company was kept in reserve. Battleaxe's AA platoon played grab ass with each other due to a lack of Polish planes to shoot at. Homer Jay's recce squadron was ordered to scout and flee at the first signs of enemy fighters to avoid high casualties, although they did succeed in taking out several Polish anti-air MG nests. von Mudra's battery of 45mm AT guns stopped a Polish counterattack late in the battle.

Russian forces again heavily impacted Polish infantry, but the loss of an entire company of tankettes swung the battle back in the favor of the Poles. However, strong fighting meant the third battle was once again a draw, neither side having a big enough points advantage for a Marginal or Decisive Victory.

The third battle ended the Polish campaign, and two months have passed: it is now December 1939, and the Soviet Union is fighting the Winter War with a new opponent: Finland.

Despite the draw, the Soviet forces managed to earn enough points to refit their entire forces and they return to full fighting capacity against the dirty Finns in battle 4. Enough surplus points were left to swap a random BT-2 platoon with BA-20 armored cars, a lone SU-6 tank destroyer for Tankbuster, and a Maxim MG for Luftwaffe.be. Assuming victory in the next battle (our first battle not destined to be a Meeting Engagement, but a Delay against the attack Finnish forces), a few more Maxims will be bought for Luftwaffe's "company" :D.

Onward to Finland!

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 22-12-2013, 00:12:18 »
Nice idea, I wonder if we could do something similar with the Dynamic Campaign Generator in Men of War (although IIRC it doesn't support unit naming)...

If you ever get some of those badass Naval infantry, you can put me in charge of 'em.
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...