Author Topic: War Thunder  (Read 117420 times)

Offline ww2fighter20

• View Profile
Re: War Thunder
« Reply #1425 on: 21-05-2014, 22:05:57 »
I don't know they changed a few things I noted during closed beta the german tanks where much better to an degree you rather didnt want to play as russia anymore from tier 2 till 4.

Damage model seems bugged for most tanks from both nations sometimes I take 20 hits from f34 gun in pziiil from short range and sometimes I get one shotted by it from long range, sometimes I one shot t34 sometimes they eat up 10 shells same with kv1.

I aim for the crew positions mostly, hull damage doesnt seem to excist and the rest can be repaired except for ammorack which kills you in one hit and fire on engine when out of fire extinguisher.

Also remember all tanks get their rare good penetration shells and can fully load the tank with them and most of the maps are close range most of the times.

Offline Steel_Lion_FIN

• Mostly drunk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: 21-05-2014, 22:05:49 »
Zis-30 is fun, even though it's so damn brittle, but the gun is more than adequate.
I'd rather play Kimble with my ass!

Offline Battlefieldfan45 (CroPanzer)

• Gebalte? Anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: 21-05-2014, 23:05:05 »
Been playing the T34 L11, that tank is freaking undestructible unless you rush like an idiot into the enemies, but even that can work, I played a round on kursk, just ramming into people and oneshoting them.

T 34 F34 1942 is also really nice, quite easy to ammorack PzIIIs and IVs, very mobile but isn't as durable as L11 because the F2, StuG F and Pz III L can pen you, but with L11 you don't see those tanks often.

Either way, if some shell doesn't work on an Pz III/IV, just aim for the commander cupola with HE, it's insta kill, usually with the turret flying off. Yesterday I cleared my team's base wich was being capped by 4 tanks, just one-shotting them with HE into the cupolas, quite fun round  ;D

Playing WoT with ingame nick: CroPanzer

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: 21-05-2014, 23:05:08 »
Well I haven't tried ground forces yet but judging by the planes part and the amount of whine people are posting they either screwed up hit detection or the game takes a million variables into account for every shot so that each shot is practically gambling...

Also the post above sounds like someone screwed up something... Tanks shouldn't blow up instantly if hit in the cupola with HE (unless it's a really big round). Reminds me of the same thing we used to have in FH2...
« Last Edit: 21-05-2014, 23:05:51 by LuckyOne »
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: 22-05-2014, 00:05:33 »
  • Fixed damage effect from HE tank rounds, which led to the destruction of the tank when the shell would detonate on the vehicle roof. Now it is still possible to damage the tank by a roof breech, but it won’t lead to the immediate destruction of the vehicle.
patch of today :p

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: 22-05-2014, 00:05:07 »
Ahaha, but the best tank on 2nd tier is KV-2 with its ridiculous accuracy on long long range and turret speed!  ;D

Edit: Also what I don't like are:
- maps perfectly designed for noob campers from WOT - zones to cap near enemy spawnpoints. Makes sense...
- and this magic spotting tanks on the minimap, which I thought wouldn't appear in SIMULATOR!
« Last Edit: 22-05-2014, 00:05:49 by Mudzin »

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: 22-05-2014, 01:05:43 »
Got KV STRONK! It's fun, ridiculous but fun.
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: 22-05-2014, 13:05:41 »
They fixed the Camoflague unlocks. In order to unlock camo-skins, you have to do air-to-surface kills with a ground vehicle. But until yesterday the game registered only surface-to-surface kills with a ground vehicle, which is obviously true in a tank battle. Thus those kills did not count.
Now they game reports back, that you actually did an air-to-surface kill with your tank, accounting for the unlock.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: 22-05-2014, 13:05:36 »
what the fuck air-to-surface kill with a tank? you're on the surface damn it, the only "air" kill you can get is by shooting down a plane?  ???
He was not wrong. Amateurs talk tactics, pros talk logistics.

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: 22-05-2014, 18:05:03 »
Witch is possible on a few maps.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: 22-05-2014, 18:05:12 »
Witches in War Thunder?!  :o

Offline Sander93

• View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: 22-05-2014, 18:05:17 »
what the fuck air-to-surface kill with a tank? you're on the surface damn it, the only "air" kill you can get is by shooting down a plane?  ???

What he meant, I think, is that the kills for roundels and stuff should be added up across branches (air forces/ground forces) by nation, but that untill this patch the tanks couldn't get those (air-to-)ground kills. Now they can.

Offline Steel_Lion_FIN

• Mostly drunk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: 22-05-2014, 20:05:02 »
And all the time i think its GROUND-TO-AIR..
I'd rather play Kimble with my ass!

Offline Sander93

• View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: 22-05-2014, 20:05:39 »
After getting shot through vegetation numerous times today, I was forced to turn down the graphics. I was playing on ultra, but the density of grass, trees and plants apparently gave me a huge (visual) disadvantage over people with very low graphics settings. I couldn't see them, yet they could see me.

Another big issue on a long list that needs fixing..

The one thing that keeps me playing is the great potential this game has / could have, but they sure as hell still have a very long way to go.

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: 23-05-2014, 00:05:14 »
After playing some rounds in simulator mode I must admit that this game has nothing similar to simulator... Tank damage is so random and depends on pure luck than skill. And this radar on minimap is so lame...