Author Topic: War Thunder  (Read 117236 times)

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: War Thunder
« Reply #345 on: 16-06-2013, 14:06:35 »
I caved in, bought the deluxe package with 5 aircraft, 10k and 3 months premium...

Please forgive me.

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #346 on: 16-06-2013, 14:06:16 »
Should have waited for the new economy (IF it is coming) :D. I mean it's a pretty great game, that's being ruined by terrible economy and some awful gameplay changes (Bombers, rockets do nothing, bombs require direct hits or almost direct hits to kill anything etc.) but yeah, overall, not a bad game to spend money on.
Hopefully devs will pull out their heads out of their arses.
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: 16-06-2013, 14:06:48 »
First day after 4 months I can play WT again and what shall I say? WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK did they do? Before I could hit targets... now in 4 rounds I made 2 kills maximum while loosing all my aircraft per round. Even if I hit with the 20mms they don´t do shit. In the meantime I was 1 shot (one burst - not even a second) and my pilot died like 3 times.

Not to mention I seem to have forgotten how to maneuver at all.
« Last Edit: 16-06-2013, 14:06:34 by Butcher »
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #348 on: 16-06-2013, 15:06:59 »
First day after 4 months I can play WT again and what shall I say? WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK did they do? Before I could hit targets... now in 4 rounds I made 2 kills maximum while loosing all my aircraft per round. Even if I hit with the 20mms they don´t do shit. In the meantime I was 1 shot (one burst - not even a second) and my pilot died like 3 times.

Not to mention I seem to have forgotten how to maneuver at all.
New damage model Butcher, more realistic (apparently), everything dies in 2 seconds (i like!), you also die in 2 hits (me no like). You have to be uber careful and not-get-hit-at-all to survive. Heavy fighters are even more epic now (Do 217 FTW!), bombers can't even reach their target (derp) so yeah, happy times. However you do occasionally get unlucky, and the enemy will just not go down, but on average everything seems to go die after barely sneezing at the enemy.

Oh and turns out MGs/cannons are better at destroying ground targets than bombs/rockets. GJ Gajin!
WARNING!

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: 16-06-2013, 17:06:33 »
The 7.7 of the spitfire is still a piece of shit.

Offline Sander93

• View Profile
« Reply #350 on: 16-06-2013, 17:06:40 »
The answer to everything is the Bf 109 G6.

Nothing survives a burst of those 3 30mm autocannons.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: 26-06-2013, 09:06:01 »
Finally downloaded this. In my first game I shot down 3 planes with a Hurricane I, and in the second game 2.

Ace in a day \o/

The game looks incredible with all the bells and whistles turned on, AND there are settings or mixture, trim, prop pitch, radiators etc in the realism mode, brilliant!
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: 26-06-2013, 10:06:52 »
Finally downloaded this. In my first game I shot down 3 planes with a Hurricane I, and in the second game 2.

Ace in a day \o/

The game looks incredible with all the bells and whistles turned on, AND there are settings or mixture, trim, prop pitch, radiators etc in the realism mode, brilliant!

Was that HB or Arcade?

Anyway I had a really cool round yesterday... I took my Spit II for a spin, the map was Malta, as I was climbing I was writing something in chat, and as my joystick is kind of broken my plane started diving on its own... I yanked the stick forward to level and I realised I was still losing altitude... Apparently my engine decided to die after that dive...

Great, I thought, the battle hasn't even started and I'm already out of action... As I pulled back on the arfield to repair I had a really awkward landing that totalled my engine, and finally after 2 minutes waiting I was back in action. To my suprise the battle was still heating up, although lots of enemies were already downed. I managed to score an assist versus a 109.

And then I noticed there was a bomber trying to retreat to his airfield on my left wing. I hurried after him and with a skilled (or rather lucky) shot of my 20 mm cannons blasted the pilot out of the cockpit. As I was flying back to the airfield thinking the show was over I noticed some guy in a Macchi 202 was trying to take off the strip in the middle of the island (it was an objective). I sent that bastard tumbling out of the airstrip in the hot Mediterranean Sea.

All in all, the round started quite bad, but it turned out quite nice, 1 assist, 2 kills and 3 ground targets nailed. Around 30k creds (they seem to have nerfed the rewards) :D
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: 26-06-2013, 11:06:09 »

Ace in a day \o/

Was that HB or Arcade?

Historical
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: 26-06-2013, 14:06:53 »
That's not bad. Respect.   ;)

You should go for HB anyway as it offers much more depth and tension with the different kind of maps and scenarios. I don't know when I have played my last round of arcade? Must have been months ago. I don't play that much recently as the instructor is one of my best friends and the matchmaking can get kinda twitchy with my squad mates beeing more or less five levels above me. But all in all it's still fun and challenging.

I am looking forward to the tank battles tbh. I hope they keep the more realistic distances of the HB.

Offline Ciupita

• Gay Lord
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: 27-06-2013, 19:06:30 »
So is there FH Community squadron already or shall I make one? Or is everyone in some other squadron, which makes making it pointless (aka no members coming)? I know 762 community has it's own.

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: 27-06-2013, 19:06:09 »
I don't mind joining.

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: 27-06-2013, 19:06:17 »
I don't mind joining.
Same 'ere!
WARNING!

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: 27-06-2013, 19:06:39 »
I'd join, but unfortunately I don't have a way to contribute to the cost.
« Last Edit: 27-06-2013, 19:06:52 by McCloskey »

Offline Ciupita

• Gay Lord
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: 27-06-2013, 19:06:47 »
No need to pay anything, but of course voluntary donations are accepted :)

You can find it by name Forgotten Hope Community now.
« Last Edit: 27-06-2013, 19:06:08 by Ciupita »