Author Topic: War Thunder  (Read 117282 times)

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
Re: War Thunder
« Reply #240 on: 06-04-2013, 09:04:27 »
Well, I gave it a go. Played 5 or 6 games, reached british rank 2 and was on top 3 on all rounds except for first. Flying is so easy, I don't understand how those guys have trouble hitting me when their on my tail  ;D.

Obviously I had friend on all those matches, so we were constantly clearing eachothers tails  ;).

Riight... Now be a man and try flying with a joystick... Soon you'll change your opinion to "how the hell can those guys wtfpwn me in one pass while I can't even keep a steady aim"....
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 06-04-2013, 09:04:01 »
Still need more balance with bi engine fighters. The BF 110, ME 410 and Beaufighter...completely ruined. I mean, I dont know if I should pick a Catalina next to dog fight, because that's how they feel.

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 06-04-2013, 09:04:25 »
Well, I gave it a go. Played 5 or 6 games, reached british rank 2 and was on top 3 on all rounds except for first. Flying is so easy, I don't understand how those guys have trouble hitting me when their on my tail  ;D.

Obviously I had friend on all those matches, so we were constantly clearing eachothers tails  ;).

Yeah, playing in a team of three does wonders, most of the time they come at you alone anyway.

The past games i also do a lot of 1 pass kills, 4 times .50 or two 20mm cannons do wonders when you give them a strafe from the top from front to back. I often get there pilot that way.

Really? i got 4 kills last time i played my BF 110, i dont think it is that bad, i see a dogfight with a friend in trouble, i do a pass, rape the enemy with my guns, and leave them with at least a critical damage, i don't try to go back, that will only get you killed, don't try to dogfight with it, attack bombers or ground targets

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 06-04-2013, 12:04:44 »
Still need more balance with bi engine fighters. The BF 110, ME 410 and Beaufighter...completely ruined. I mean, I dont know if I should pick a Catalina next to dog fight, because that's how they feel.
This!
I can't believe how much some FMs are borked right now, Sometimes it feels like I'm flying a bus.  But the worst thing is the economy right now, I've stopped playing the game because of it.
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 06-04-2013, 18:04:38 »
Same here Musti, totally stopped playing the game because of the retarded economy.

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline luftwaffe.be

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 06-04-2013, 18:04:03 »
Seems to take ages in order to advance in this game though. I played quite a few battles already, and I'm still stuck to the first He112. Can't buy the rest because I need a higher rank in the german airforce. I find this a bit silly and unnecessary, since it means I can't swap between nations as I'll have to start all over again..

Offline ww2fighter20

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 06-04-2013, 19:04:35 »
I don't really understand the real problem with economy here, I only see an problem when buying something new, the repair prices have improved alot which makes it not hard to pay for them.
Also they have improved the economy lately with giving more credits for killing both air targets as ground targets, and right now planes are discounted.
Give it some time and remember it is beta.

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 06-04-2013, 21:04:04 »
The problem is they have decreased the earnings to about 1/3 of what  they were in patch 1.27, and then doubled(and sometimes tripled and even quadrupled) the prices of stuff, currently I need about 1.5 mil of silver to buy the stuff i have unlocked right now, and its just going to get worse (by using magic and trickery you can earn massive exp right now, sometimes even more than in 1.27, so progressing the levels goes quite fast)

I don't really understand the real problem with economy here, I only see an problem when buying something new, the repair prices have improved alot which makes it not hard to pay for them.
Also they have improved the economy lately with giving more credits for killing both air targets as ground targets, and right now planes are discounted.
Give it some time and remember it is beta.
Problem is the have decreased the earnings by 300% first, and then increased them by 20%, so yeah it didn't help at all. Even with premium this game is grindy as hell (maybe even worse than WOT, and that quite hard to achieve)
« Last Edit: 06-04-2013, 21:04:20 by Musti »
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline Pejsaty

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 06-04-2013, 21:04:36 »
Not mentioning about reducing bombs effectiveness....  ::)

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 07-04-2013, 12:04:11 »
holy crap 37mm autocannon is good!

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: 07-04-2013, 13:04:26 »
I don't understand people complaining about the economy. In 1.27 money and economy didn't play any role. So why would I bother to implement currency systems in such a game as a developer when they are obsolete anyway? Just do the math guys. When I can click through the tress and buy planes and ammoracks as if there is no tomorrow, then they could completely leave out money and there would be something wrong. It is a F2P title and money has to play a significiant role. Point! You finaly have to think about where to spent it.

You just have to adapt to the economy system. This means switching off auto repair and use all factions and their planes. So the example of luftwaffe.be is nonesense. You can't get stuck in this game except you stick to just one nation what would be your own fault tbh. You can even fly some matches with your reserve planes and earn some easy money. It doesn't even hurt when they crash. Some low level planes like the F2A are awesome for HB btw. There are alot of things you can do. Lufftwaffe.be seems to be level 4 with Germany, so try to get a bomber (HE111) as soon as possible and hord some money with it.

Nice tip: while one plane is repairing you can take another one and fly HB or fly an arcade battle with a different nation. Repair speed and repair rank are finaly skills that make sense, if you are not a player who is awesome skilled and struggles to stay alive.

This game is in beta state and some people have ridiciolous high ranks for several nations allready, though this game is public for two or three months now. Ofcourse they could make it a bit more easier to grind through the trees and make earning money easier, but why should they do this. There has to be a basic for a premium model.

Offline Pejsaty

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 07-04-2013, 13:04:23 »
It's simple! This game is heading to WoT with its economics - pay us with your real money or you will be forced to fly with shitty plane for months!

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 07-04-2013, 13:04:55 »
nonsense, I have not deployed a single dollar and im flying with kingkobras ans bf-109's. The economy is OK, takes time but in no way does it needs gold to progress. I usually do 30K per battle, and in 10 battles I can affort the next plane and crew training.

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 07-04-2013, 14:04:48 »
^ Well, it's legit. They earn their living with programming those games. The only thing I really dislike are the high prices they want for the little bonusses you get. I mean 30.000 Gold for 100€? Wtf?

EDIT: Wrong topic. Sorry. Main argument stays though.
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 07-04-2013, 14:04:04 »
It's simple! This game is heading to WoT with its economics - pay us with your real money or you will be forced to fly with shitty plane for months!

That's the problem with todays generation of gamers. They always have to grind through something and can't enjoy the gameplay in it's purest form. Even dogfighting with shitty biplanes is alot of fun in this game. Just team up with some friends and rock with the I15's. ;)

And ofcourse the devs and publishers want your money. They have to live from something. You are just naive when you think that they would develope such a game without forcing players to pay for content and other advantages. If you don't understand this, then I can't help you. You answered your concerns yourself pretty spot on so I don't see any problem there. It is a F2P title and if you still don't understand how their economy systems work then well ...