Author Topic: [Texture] Matt_Baker's Texture Pack (Image Heavy)  (Read 17661 times)

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
[Texture] Matt_Baker's Texture Pack (Image Heavy)
« on: 03-07-2014, 06:07:28 »
Download it through Harmonikater's Community Updater Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/aa2r076500t3jwn/FH2CommunityUpdaterSetup.exe?dl=0

Matt Baker's Texture Pack
Just like the Willy’s texture http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=19325.0,
I’ve decided to extend the historical accuracy treatment to some of the other vehicles in FH2. This time I decided to compile some of the textures I’ve had lying around for a while and polish them off to put them in game. I'm releasing them now to share with you guys because I know a lot of people out there enjoy FH2 for its historical accuracy like I do :)

The vehicles I pick are usually really random and kind of whatever I feel like doing when I have free time. Right now I’ve reskined five more vehicles other than the Willys.

Again, I did a lot of research on this but I’m not a historian for a reason. So if anyone sees something that’s wrong or off, or if anyone has any suggestions or pictures of vehicles that actually fought in these battles, I can always change them up. :)

You can download the latest version of my Texture pack if you have the Community Updater: https://www.dropbox.com/s/aa2r076500t3jwn/FH2CommunityUpdaterSetup.exe?dl=0 made by Harmonikater. 8)

Again, all of these files are full reskins of the vehicles so no .dds compression issues are present.

I've been playing with all of these reskins in-game and in multiplayer for a while now. I've had no problems being kicked from the server or anything; except for the occasional fact that these new skins are sometimes better camouflaged than the original ones, so you might have trouble hunting the tanks down 8)

Also, since the original FH2 textures are VERY well done, I decided to make sure I left them on at least one map so the devs original work is still in the mod. :)

List of what vehicles are on each map and some screens:
UPDATE: 7/4 FW190
Focke Wulf 190 A-8

Bastogne

8./JG 300 "Pilot; Lt.Viktor Heimann"

Meuse River

JG 1

Operation Cobra

Kommandeur II./JG 1 "Pilot; CO Maj. Hauptmann Heinz Bar"

Seelow Heights

IV/ JG 54 "Black 7"

PzKpfw IV Ausf. H

Note: Operation Totalize is the only map to use the original FH2 texture.

Brest

Unkown Unit 6th Company 3rd Platoon Vehicle#5 "Steffi"

Lebisey

Pz. Reg 22, 21. Pz.Div 1st Company 4th Platoon Vehicle#4

Cobra

Pz-Lehr 3rd Company 3rd Platoon Vehicle#3

Goodwood

Pz. Reg 22, 21. Pz.Div 4th Company 1st Platoon Vehicle#5

Luttich

SS-Pz. Reg 2, 2. SS-Pz.Div. 'Das Reich' 8th Company 9th Platoon Vehicle#8

St Lo

Pz-Lehr Reg 130 5th Company 2nd Platoon Vehicle#4 "Paula"

Villers

Pz-Lehr Reg 130 6th Company 3rd Platoon Vehicle#4

Pz-Lehr Reg 130 6th Company 3rd Platoon Vehicle#5 "Karin"

Meuse

2. Pz.Div 5th Company 2nd Platoon Vehicle#6

St Vith

116. Pz.Div 8th Company HQ Platoon Command Vehicle

Pegasus

21. Pz.Div 4th Company 2nd Platoon Vehicle#7

Note that Totalize, Anctoville, Bastogne, Vossenack and Eppledorf all use their orignial textures to 1) Keep the devs original work in the mod and 2) Bastogne and Eppledorf use the same 'texture suffix' so they have to keep the same textures on both maps either way.

Cruiser Mk IV
Battle of Keren- 4RTR, 'B' Sqn

Mount Olympus- 3rd RTR, 'C' Sqn "Cool"

Note: Bardia only map to use Cruiser with original FH2 texture.

M5A1 Stuart
Battle of Brest- 6th Armored Division, 15th Armored Regiment, Company 'D,' Vehicle #93 (previously #91), "Dingbat"

Operation Luttich- 3rd Armored Division, 33rd Armored Regiment, Company 'C,' Vehicle #32, "Cadallac"

Gold beach- 61st Recon Unit, Headquarters

Villers Bocage- 7th Armored Division, Recon Unit, "Calamity Jane II"

*note For this one I couldn't find any record of Stuart Recce vehicles that fought at Viller's bocage. But I did find photos of an M3A3 from the 7th Armored Recce unit that fought there. So I made the markings after those.
Note: Omaha Beach only map to use M5A1 Stuart with original FH2 texture.

Churchill
Gold Beach (Crocodile)- 79th Armored Division, 31 Tank Brigade Det, 'C' Sqn, 141 RAC, "Sandling" (troop #13)

Villers Bocage- 7th Armored Division, 22nd Armored Brigade, "Lynx"

*note: I couldn't find record of any Churchills that were present in the 7AD during the battle of Villers Bocage
Mareth Line- 145 Regiment RAC (Tiger Camo 8))

Operation Totalize- 4th Canadian Armored Division, 28th Armored Regiment, 'B' Sqn, "Cracker"

*note: I couldn't find any record of Canadian Churchills that fought in Operation Totalize
Note: El Alamein, Anctoville & Operation Supercharge only maps to use Churchill MkIII with original FH2 texture.

M4A3 Sherman
Operation Cobra- 2nd Armored Division, 67th armored Regiment, Company 'B,' Vehicle #24, "Bronco"

Vossenack- 707th Tank Brigade, Company 'B,' Vehicle #21 (Tritone Camo)

St. Vith- 7th Armored Division, 17th Tank Battalion

Meuse River- 11th Armored Division

Vossenack- 707th Tank Brigade, Company 'A,' Vehicle #3

St Vith- 7th Armored Division, 17th Tank Battalion, Company 'A,' Vehicle #3

Meuse River- 11th Armored Division

Note: Hurtgen Forrest, Bastogne, & Eppledorf only maps to use M4A3 & M4A3(76) with Original FH2 texture.

Since Meuse is more or less a fictional map, I put the 11th Armored Division on it with some interesting camo and markings that I thought would fit. Modeled after real winter Shermans.

I've also included all of the Willy's vehicle texture's in this texture pack so no reason to redownload those :)

Hope you guys download and enjoy it. I have a lot of fun making these skins and doing the research but I could always use some help in the research department ;)

Crits and feedback are always welcome of course.
« Last Edit: 05-07-2016, 04:07:01 by Matthew_Baker »

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
Re: [Texture] Matt_Baker's Texture Pack (Image Heavy)
« Reply #1 on: 03-07-2014, 16:07:24 »
Implement. NOW!

Awesome job, Matt :D

Edit: The Churchill skins are awesome. Especially that Tiger skin, the others have the detailed markings on them fitting the map, which is generally great too. Very nice Sherman skins as well. And the Cruiser skins look way better than the original ones. At least some of these should be seriously considered to be added.
« Last Edit: 03-07-2014, 16:07:19 by Surfbird »

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03-07-2014, 21:07:24 »
Awesome job, always nice to spice up your FH2 with some extra goodies!

Even better if they are historically accurate!  :P
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03-07-2014, 22:07:52 »
Really, really great job Matt! These could easily pass as professional work! 8)

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03-07-2014, 22:07:18 »
Thanks for the kind words again guys :D I hope the downloads work fine. If enough people care I can always update this post with more vehicles if I end up getting around to re-skinning them. (don't expect anything soon tho) And if you guys can hunt down any interesting markings or camos that you can prove are historically accurate for a map, I'd be happy to check it out :)

p.s. it goes w/o saying but credit to Toddel, Point Blank, Montoya, Kratzer and any other devs for the original models & UVs :P

Offline Oberst

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03-07-2014, 22:07:17 »
Downloaded it and installed it! Awesome to find new models on each map, even if its "only" a willies!

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04-07-2014, 04:07:58 »
Dear Matthew, Thank you so much for this splendid texture pack! May I suggest that you apply as a developer?

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04-07-2014, 11:07:36 »
Dear Matthew, Thank you so much for this splendid texture pack! May I suggest that you apply as a developer?
He's already an applicant, I only wish he will have time to finish his projects :)

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04-07-2014, 18:07:29 »
I want to make love to these textures.

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04-07-2014, 21:07:56 »
That is truly great news, Jan! These textures make FH2 photo-realistic  :P .

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05-07-2014, 04:07:25 »

Thank you for the compliments. I have applied to be a developer but atm don't have time to complete the application. :-\ work and school are taking up too much time right now. Hopefully that changes after I finish my education :)

What you see from this texture pack has been lying around in my hard drive for a few months. Truthfully, I could texture an asset in a few days but not with the schedule I have now. So until I get some more free time I just compiled these and released them. Hopefully more vehicles are to come :)     

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05-07-2014, 09:07:35 »
 These packs look really sharp!

You have true talent Matt. Hopefully you major is graphic design & not Fermentation Sceinces...

Actually, if it is the latter.......

Cheers!
 ;D

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 29-07-2014, 17:07:27 »
Friendly reminder that after each FH2 update or whenever you 'repair' your FH2 through the launcher you need to re-install the files from the texture pack. :)

Pain in the ass ik :P but it won't change until I can get someone who can write a script that unzips folders and replaces their contents for me automatically. Just something quick you have to do after each update ;)

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 29-07-2014, 17:07:37 »
Lets just stick all this into the mod and be done with it.  :)

Offline Mayhemic.MAD

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 29-07-2014, 20:07:30 »
a quick setup script:
http://fhbeta.warumdarum.de/~magic/mbtp_setup.zip

1. extract the texture pack into a folder (and keep it for reinstalls)
2. get this setup zip and extract it into the same folder
3. open setup.bat with a text editor and change the path to your BF2 folder in the first line

Each time after you have updated/repaired your FH2 build, just go to the folder with the texture pack and run the setup.bat

DISCLAIMER:
If the script has bugs and breaks anything (I didn´t do extensive testing) just run a "repair" with the launcher.

Der Motor des Panzers ist ebenso seine Waffe wie die Kanone.
Heinz Guderian

--- Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!! ---