Author Topic: FH2 Standalone Installer  (Read 52755 times)

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
Re: Unofficial FH2 Standalone (almost) Installer
« Reply #45 on: 25-05-2018, 09:05:14 »
@jan
From top of last page that you can update trough launcher

So if it includes the FH2 launcher, does this mean I can basically one and done install this and be ready to play?  Assuming next update doesn't do something funny, I won't have to reinstall this for it to continue working still?
Yes, that is exactly why I created it. You will be able to update the FH2 through the launcher once the patch is released, just as usual.

EDIT: To add that I would also leave CMP optional or just somehow make Community Updater into this standalone so people can choise if they want CMP or not.
« Last Edit: 25-05-2018, 09:05:01 by Ivancic1941 »
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 25-05-2018, 10:05:24 »
I know I can, that’s exactly my point. Read my post again and reply only when you’ll understand it, please. I don’t want people to download few GBs of content that won’t work with 2.53 (CMP) only so they will be able to download another extra GB to update their game via Launcher. That’s a terrible way of introducing new players to the game.

@EDIT: To add that I would also leave CMP optional or just somehow make Community Updater into this standalone so people can choise if they want CMP or not.
Mappack won’t work properly with new version of FH2, hence why it should not be optional until fixed to be compatible with the game agian, otherwise you will have extra weight to download that will only lead to problems.

The standalone installer can be easily updated to avoid that...
« Last Edit: 25-05-2018, 10:05:33 by jan_kurator »

Offline TC_Harrier

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 26-05-2018, 06:05:45 »
Since EA is not selling BF2 anymore, I think it will not run into any legal-related problem to make FH2 standalone...
Well it is only my personal opinion. ;D

Offline radiosmersh

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 27-05-2018, 17:05:08 »
I know I can, that’s exactly my point. Read my post again and reply only when you’ll understand it, please. I don’t want people to download few GBs of content that won’t work with 2.53 (CMP) only so they will be able to download another extra GB to update their game via Launcher. That’s a terrible way of introducing new players to the game.

@EDIT: To add that I would also leave CMP optional or just somehow make Community Updater into this standalone so people can choise if they want CMP or not.
Mappack won’t work properly with new version of FH2, hence why it should not be optional until fixed to be compatible with the game agian, otherwise you will have extra weight to download that will only lead to problems.

The standalone installer can be easily updated to avoid that...

Took a bit longer that I expected, but I've finally updated the installer for 2.53 version. Changes:
  • Removed Community Mappack, Community Updater installation is now optional
  • From now on, CD-key is automatically generated from current date/time and hardware (like CPU model, HDD serial number, etc.), which provides for its absolute uniqueness
« Last Edit: 27-05-2018, 17:05:21 by radiosmersh »

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
With this new sweet installer, yes.

From now on, CD-key is automatically generated from current date/time and hardware (like CPU model, HDD serial number, etc.), which provides for its absolute uniqueness

That's great news, thank you radiosmersh!  :o

Offline GreenArcherRO

• View Profile
hey , this 'mod' sound good , but i am a newbie when it comes to install ... do i need any bf2 file to install this ?

Offline radiosmersh

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
hey , this 'mod' sound good , but i am a newbie when it comes to install ... do i need any bf2 file to install this ?
No, it's self-contained:
Includes bare minimum of files from BF2, required to run FH2

Offline FNRennier

• View Profile
Wow! Sensational!
Great work!
Congratulations!
My thanks for that!  :D

Offline DanielNL

• View Profile
Huh THAT is weird... even with torrent I see "www.googleapis.com" and and "onedrive"... why are they participating in torrents? Isn't that super weird?

Offline radiosmersh

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Huh THAT is weird... even with torrent I see "www.googleapis.com" and and "onedrive"... why are they participating in torrents? Isn't that super weird?
Not at all, as I use GDrive and OneDrive as web seeds.
« Last Edit: 04-06-2018, 19:06:43 by radiosmersh »

Offline DanielNL

• View Profile
oooh you mean you added those to the torrent file, I just figured that out (by doubleclicking the torrent and then in "advanced" tab in uTorrent) :)

Offline radiosmersh

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
oooh you mean you added those to the torrent file, I just figured that out (by doubleclicking the torrent and then in "advanced" tab in uTorrent) :)
Yes, I generated direct links and put them into torrent file to help seeding.

Offline DanielNL

• View Profile
Huh that's weird... it says "seeding" but not even 0.1 kB/s upload rate... is uTorrent bugged or what is causing this? (I wanna help the whole community because I only got 30 MBit download rate although I should've had 50 Mbit download rate. So that now I could help others reaching higher download bandwidth...)

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
You can also help people using the official FH2 launcher by seeding this Torrent. This is the mod only file distributed by the devs.

Note, that it contains the fh2.exe and /mods/fh2/ folder, so make sure to point this torrent directly to your BF2 folder: (eg: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\ or "Forgotten Hope 2" folder or whatever is it called now in the standalone version, folders structure should remain the same). Otherwise it will download whole mod again.
« Last Edit: 04-06-2018, 21:06:48 by jan_kurator »

Offline DanielNL

• View Profile
aaaah yes got it to work now, had to untick the box "create subdirectory" and also "skip check". then started it, now seeding only! :) Great way to help the FH2 community! Seeding at 3.5 Mbit up - enjoy! 8) (and don't forget, CMP FH2 campaign starting soon!)