Author Topic: Graphical Artists, Apply Within!  (Read 3289 times)

azreal

Graphical Artists, Apply Within!
« on: 12-01-2012, 04:01:23 »
To the Forgotten Hope community:

The time has come where we are now looking for a few select people to assist our team of developers. We are in need of those who have experience with graphic design and/or trailer/teaser videos. However, do not think of this as an easy way to get access to our internal forums. If you apply, you must be:

1. Active (anyone who isn't will be removed)
2. ACTIVE!
3. Work in a team environment and take constructive feedback
4. Experienced with your favorite image editing and/or video editing software
5. Able to produce consistent, quality work

If you think you can fulfill all of the above requirements, and have the skills to match, then please send an email to fh2mod@gmail.com. Please include a link to some of your work, and be sure to specify which you are applying as (video or image editing). Thank you.
« Last Edit: 20-01-2012, 16:01:22 by azreal »

azreal

Re: Graphical Artists, Apply Within!
« Reply #1 on: 20-01-2012, 16:01:57 »
Any questions, post them here.

Offline Sturmkatze

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12-07-2017, 19:07:17 »
Hello everybody! Sorry for mistakes in text, i have a question about graphics effects in game. I saw the "HDR" or "Bloom" effects in the last trailers ("Tropic thunder" and "New Dawn"). Can i help to make this effect in game render? I have some experience in video and image editing, and some experience in game design.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12-07-2017, 19:07:39 »
These effects don't exist ingame. The trailer are not official, they are made by community custom mappers. Official trailers are posted to the official Forgotten Hope channel and do not contain false advertisement like that.

Offline Hawk2k9

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12-07-2017, 20:07:39 »
Hello everybody! Sorry for mistakes in text, i have a question about graphics effects in game. I saw the "HDR" or "Bloom" effects in the last trailers ("Tropic thunder" and "New Dawn"). Can i help to make this effect in game render? I have some experience in video and image editing, and some experience in game design.

Hi, creator of the trailers here. I used third party shaders to boost the archaic graphics of FH2. I think it was "ReShade 2.0.3 with SweetFX 2.0" back then. While it is possible to actually play with these boosted graphics, the post processing affects everything indiscriminately, even the Main Menu and HUD. For filming, with the hud turned off, it's alright, though.

Offline FHMax3

• Gunnery Sargeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12-07-2017, 21:07:29 »
Well, I have a bit of experience in Sony Vegas Pro 13, but I am not sure my work even is near minimum quaity.
That other thread failed miserably and if you try to spam or flame here, I will break your arms.
FH2 won't be the last FH. ;)

Offline Sturmkatze

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13-07-2017, 01:07:24 »

Hi, creator of the trailers here. I used third party shaders to boost the archaic graphics of FH2. I think it was "ReShade 2.0.3 with SweetFX 2.0" back then. While it is possible to actually play with these boosted graphics, the post processing affects everything indiscriminately, even the Main Menu and HUD. For filming, with the hud turned off, it's alright, though.
Yes, i understand, but i want to edit render functions, after scene print and before hud print. I know, that must work on graph api level, and i want to try. Is it possible?

Offline Hawk2k9

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13-07-2017, 02:07:05 »
You can edit the settings of the additional shaders for blooming and HDR, color correction etc. via their .cfg files.

Download Reshade, select the bf2.exe, it then installs the third party shaders into your bf2 folder.
https://reshade.me/
In the Battlefield 2 folder, you will then find a folder named "Reshade" with all the config files. The shaders will be activated via the Reshade.fx in the battlefield 2 main folder upon starting the game. You can deactivate the effects by hotkey (F12?) ingame, or by renaming the Reshade.fx to something else (i.e. _Reshade.fx)
« Last Edit: 13-07-2017, 02:07:57 by Hawk2k9 »

Offline Sturmkatze

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 14-07-2017, 23:07:19 »
You can edit the settings of the additional shaders for blooming and HDR, color correction etc. via their .cfg files.

Thanks, but I want to help in the development and raise the overall level of graphics. i want make in the settings an additional item with the option of select special effects. I just want to help the project to reach the modern level of graphics.

Offline Hawk2k9

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 26-07-2017, 04:07:08 »
well, for the coding of the effects itself you probably need to be experienced in C++ for DirectX applications. About the implementation in the menu: since it would mean a fundamental change in the menu structure of Battlefield 2, i doubt it's possible. But that is something only gavrant could answer.
To make FH2 look like it looks now, the devs also "just" added additional custom shaders to the BF2 standard and made them somewhat controllable and adjustable via the existing graphic options.
« Last Edit: 26-07-2017, 04:07:06 by Hawk2k9 »