Author Topic: [HELP] Problems happened when using edited map in server  (Read 701 times)

Offline BigPlane

• View Profile
When I create a new map or add buildings to an existed map and run this map in a server, the problem shown in the picture will occur. However the problem didn't occur when I run the map on my own computer(launching a LAN server on my own computer.)

When I connected to the server with the map I make, I can load the map. However, when the loading process ends, this problem will occur and I can not join the server.

This map only includes two respawn points, two capture points, and a few walls, no vehicles.

How can I deal with this problem? Please help me in detailed solution
« Last Edit: 08-06-2016, 16:06:44 by BigPlane »

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: [HELP] Problems happened when using edited map in server
« Reply #1 on: 08-06-2016, 21:06:05 »
It's a network error, maybe it sounds dumb, but did the server run your map? As in, was it in the server's maplist?

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08-06-2016, 22:06:08 »
Do you mean that you put this on a public server that you run?  If you are trying to connect to another server and you have an edited version of the map, of course it won't run.  You have to have the exact same version of the map, and exact same version of the mod as the server or you can't play on it.

Offline BigPlane

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10-06-2016, 09:06:54 »
Is any step wrong? The map versions Are the same, and servers can change to this map, but i cant load into the map. I can change next map to this one but after loading the mao, there will be an error. The map versions Are definitely the same

Offline BigPlane

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14-06-2016, 12:06:12 »
Any one can help me with this please~~

Offline GeoPat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14-06-2016, 19:06:04 »
It could be that the map is simply bugged.  It's common that a map seems to work on local but not on a server.  Undo some of the things you did until it works again and then try to figure out the culprit.  If you are adding custom buildings with client and server archives, you may need those on the server as well, but I'm not sure.   

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16-06-2016, 18:06:13 »
That error means that the files loaded on the server and on the client differs. That's it. So there must be some difference somewhere. Either in bf2, fh2 or in the actual level.

Offline BigPlane

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20-06-2016, 01:06:29 »
I directly uploaded the map From My local to the server. Is anything wrong