Author Topic: What are the top stressors in FH2 for you?  (Read 11158 times)

Offline Dancho

• Mayonnaise king
    • View Profile
Re: What are the top stressors in FH2 for you?
« Reply #75 on: 28-05-2016, 01:05:35 »
People also don't really know how to properly place paks (this includes mappers as well sometimes ;) ). Often the best place is not the one where you can look at the most positions a tank might show up (because it also means you can get shot from potentially a dozen positions), but a so called "key hole" position, where you cover a slim strip of important terrain while being covered on your flanks.
Is that real life tactic?

Offline justasug

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 28-05-2016, 09:05:59 »
- People who get into the asset you were repairing
This one happens all the time. Spending almost 1 minute or how long it takes to repair an 88, just to have the guy who was waiting next to you get into it is annoying as fuck.

- People who are AFK but "waiting for a vehicle"
Happened quite a few times. The other night someone was standing next to a spawned vehicle. He wasn't moving for 30+ seconds, so I got in. Once I did that, he miraculously started moving and shooting at me for "stealing the vehicle he had been waiting for".

- People who occupy the gunner position (affecting AAA and AT guns) while you're driving to the front
Spamming the "bail out" VO command doesn't help. Parking the vehicle in an awkward, useless position to signal them to leave doesn't help. Telling them in the chat to please get out doesn't help. I understand that this one might clash with the whole teamwork spirit, but that's just how those two assets work (unless you're willing to use the AT gun as a really slow, non-armored tank).

The worst thing is that there's no way to deal with those people. You can't kill them as suggested above. Reporting doesn't work, because it's a "minor" infringement and hard to prove and frankly not worth the hassle of reporting (either on the server's forums or directly in the game). Complaining about it also makes you sound like a petty person, so you just can't win.

Offline Oberst

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 28-05-2016, 10:05:03 »
People also don't really know how to properly place paks (this includes mappers as well sometimes ;) ). Often the best place is not the one where you can look at the most positions a tank might show up (because it also means you can get shot from potentially a dozen positions), but a so called "key hole" position, where you cover a slim strip of important terrain while being covered on your flanks.

It may suprise you. Certain real life lesson - in particular about correct positioning - work very well in this deadly game. Even more so, because most people in online games tend to act very predictable.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 28-05-2016, 11:05:43 »

It may suprise you. Certain real life lesson - in particular about correct positioning - work very well in this deadly game. Even more so, because most people in online games tend to act very predictable.

Yes it is a real life tactic. This is for machineguns, but it can be applied to at guns or tanks on the defense as well:

http://www.2ndbn5thmar.com/fight/MachinegunDefense.pdf

Offline Jagblade

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 28-05-2016, 20:05:47 »
I've played off an on for years now and only just came back again this week after hearing Eastern Front was released. I love it so much, but I'm remember now why I stopped to begin with.

American ping on the 762 server is absolute suffering, especially the further west you are. In close range engagements it seems to come down to whether or not the guy I ran into is inaccurate with his shots. Long range, more often than not I've scored a number of hits, seen the blood spray, but seemingly no damage.

By far the biggest issue is fighting my own sights. Maybe some other American players can identify with the frustration of clicking to aim down your sights, only to have them stutter on you. If they aren't just immediately re-lowered, they raise and lower once or twice before finally sitting still.

Not a problem with the mod at all, just awful ping. It makes one of the most amazing BF2 mods there is very frustrating to play.

Offline FORGOTTENKEVINOHOPE

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 28-05-2016, 21:05:41 »
I've played off an on for years now and only just came back again this week after hearing Eastern Front was released. I love it so much, but I'm remember now why I stopped to begin with.

American ping on the 762 server is absolute suffering, especially the further west you are. In close range engagements it seems to come down to whether or not the guy I ran into is inaccurate with his shots. Long range, more often than not I've scored a number of hits, seen the blood spray, but seemingly no damage.

By far the biggest issue is fighting my own sights. Maybe some other American players can identify with the frustration of clicking to aim down your sights, only to have them stutter on you. If they aren't just immediately re-lowered, they raise and lower once or twice before finally sitting still.

Not a problem with the mod at all, just awful ping. It makes one of the most amazing BF2 mods there is very frustrating to play.

here here!    just lay more smines  :P 

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 28-05-2016, 21:05:19 »
Honestly I've never found the ping issue to be too bad.  Perhaps I'm far enough east (Ohio).  Usually it's around 160-ish... I do seem to lose close-range fights more often than not but I chalk it up to incompetence. 

Offline Seth_Soldier

• Developer
  • "Mort aux cons !"
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 28-05-2016, 23:05:06 »
i really don't like 1vs1
Simply because if you have a SL spwawn somewhere, it will always be unfair.

I prefer the strategic part of the map: provide ammo, repair, man the arty or the AT.
If i drive a tank i try to join a wolf pack to provide fire support.

Of course you won't be the uberl33t/awesome stats many players want to be
but making the team play well is a way more rewarding imo

Offline Capten_C

• Well well well well well well well
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #83 on: 31-05-2016, 05:05:49 »

Stressors...FH2 gives me: =    Unbearable Repettetive Strain Injury!! :'( lol*

« Last Edit: 31-05-2016, 17:05:36 by Capten_C »
LEGENDARY FORGOTTEN HOPE 2 ROUNDS!!! >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xtJF9fL1YI

Offline kruiser86

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 31-05-2016, 08:05:38 »
What annoys me, simple things, some fence's (and the like) are passable if not destructible. You know seemingly petty things that you can't pass by or through. Otherwise, your tank/ vehicle bounces off of & stops you from going ahead/ further. 
S. M. Kruchell

Offline Zulnex

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 05-06-2016, 16:06:15 »
For me it's teamkilling. On urban maps for example, one grenade can wipe out an entire friendly squad.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 05-06-2016, 16:06:38 »
Oh, I forgot one of the most annoying things - inability to deploy LMGs in meaningful places.

That's primarily an engine issue, but it could be alleviated by some cleverer map design. Especially earlier maps and urban maps tend to suffer from this. There are only so many positions a defensive MG gunner can use (in destroyed buildings and windows one can go prone on) and after a while seasoned players learn all of them so the only way to use MGs effectively is to camp behind corners and doors and pray that your ping will be better than theirs.

Very stressful when you're trying to stop the human wave assaults that usually happen on those maps...
« Last Edit: 05-06-2016, 16:06:09 by LuckyOne »
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 05-06-2016, 16:06:36 »
Oh, I forgot one of the most annoying things - inability to deploy LMGs in meaningful places.

That's primarily an engine issue, but it could be alleviated by some cleverer map design. Especially earlier maps and urban maps tend to suffer from this. There are only so many positions a defensive MG gunner can use (in destroyed buildings and windows one can go prone on) and after a while seasoned players learn all of them so the only way to use MGs effectively is to camp behind corners and doors and pray that your ping will be better than theirs.

Very stressful when you're trying to stop the human wave assaults that usually happen on those maps...

Just let us have a table behind every window pls.  ;D

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 05-06-2016, 18:06:25 »

Why not just let us have deployable tables so we can put them where we want?  :P
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 06-06-2016, 10:06:58 »

Why not just let us have deployable tables so we can put them where we want?  :P

Oh. My. God.

So simple. So elegant. Can't believe no one thought of this before (have they? if yes, I haven't noticed). Just make a deployable MG a part of a table model so it's one model and make it a stand position. Done. Can now deploy behind windows or even in the middle of a street without it looking too weird :o
« Last Edit: 06-06-2016, 10:06:46 by McCloskey »