Author Topic: What are the top stressors in FH2 for you?  (Read 11186 times)

Offline Leopardi

• [11PzG] member
    • View Profile
Re: What are the top stressors in FH2 for you?
« Reply #90 on: 06-06-2016, 11:06:02 »
People also don't really know how to properly place paks (this includes mappers as well sometimes ;) ). Often the best place is not the one where you can look at the most positions a tank might show up (because it also means you can get shot from potentially a dozen positions), but a so called "key hole" position, where you cover a slim strip of important terrain while being covered on your flanks.
Is that real life tactic?

It may suprise you. Certain real life lesson - in particular about correct positioning - work very well in this deadly game. Even more so, because most people in online games tend to act very predictable.

Yes it is a real life tactic. This is for machineguns, but it can be applied to at guns or tanks on the defense as well:

http://www.2ndbn5thmar.com/fight/MachinegunDefense.pdf

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 06-06-2016, 13:06:44 »
Placing prone-fire only MGs behind cover is indeed frustrating, especially when you are in a building. In Normandy maps, there are some static farm house models where it has quite a large hole at the bottom floor of the building, big enough for a crouching player to get in. The holes are often facing a wooden/stone fence, rarely placed for someone to snipe from that position.

I often camp there when defending a flag. But my position is extremely angled to the wall side at my disadvantage. Thankfully only bots do wallhack and detects me instantly. Most human player rarely checks their left and right when passing through that hole.

Offline Jaak

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 14-06-2016, 10:06:06 »
When you can't drive a single meter out of your base without getting killed by a good plane pilot. I don't blame the pilot himself, but it is so annoying..

+ ppl spawnkilling at uncap, even its "allowed" now, it still sucks.

Offline MajorMajor

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 27-07-2016, 19:07:04 »
My current top stressor: 2.5 maps being twice in rotation. I love them, but I am already sick of them. I've already played more Seelow in 6 months than Falaise and Sfakia in two years. I'd put Pegasus high in my top 10 FH2 maps, but I can't really bring myself to play another round of 32p Pegasus (which is almost always on due to the really high threshold needed to activate 64p layers).

And all of that despite the fact that for 4 of the past 6 months I barely had time to play FH2 due to college.