Author Topic: Review the latest movie you have seen  (Read 180869 times)

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
Re: Review the latest movie you have seen
« Reply #825 on: 24-10-2010, 22:10:31 »
RED
10/10
My head exploded. Watched it together with two of my best friends, one of them I hadn't seen in a year and well, damn. This movie is great to link up with an old buddy.

Story is awesome, cast is even more awesome (John Malkovich, Morgan Freeman, Bruce Willis, etc). If you don't go and watch this movie you can better just kill yourself.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: 24-10-2010, 22:10:48 »
oh right that movie! John Malkovic and Morgan Freeman in the same movie, I HAVE to watch it!
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: 24-10-2010, 23:10:59 »
Cinema is totally worth it, would be a waste to wait for a DVD or pirated version.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: 24-10-2010, 23:10:46 »
yeah haven't been to the cinema since last winter.
Don't know that much about it, vaguely remember seeing a trailer ages ago. Got my eyes on some skirt to take to the movies, a good movie for that?
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: 24-10-2010, 23:10:45 »
I don't know if female subjects can appreciate this movie. It got alot of humour though.

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #830 on: 24-10-2010, 23:10:17 »
I don't know if female subjects can appreciate this movie. It got alot of humour though.

Me mum loved it.

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: 25-10-2010, 00:10:18 »

Me mum loved it.
Gimme her number and i'll take her

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: 25-10-2010, 01:10:51 »
Haha, damnit Ted theres people sleeping in this house, I'm supposed to be quiet  ;D

But if you're chick digs humour, good action and good actors, go for it.

@TW, is 'me mum' a reference to Karl Pilkington? (Gives you +1 if it is)

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #833 on: 25-10-2010, 02:10:03 »
My mom says she doesn't go out with children, sorry.

@TW, is 'me mum' a reference to Karl Pilkington? (Gives you +1 if it is)

It can if you want it to be.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: 25-10-2010, 16:10:27 »
Then it isn't. Your reputation is still stuck.

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
  • King of the Off-Topic Section
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #835 on: 25-10-2010, 23:10:36 »
Indiana Jones and the last Crusade
- Classic, not as good as Raiders of the Ark but still damn good

9 out of 10

Wall Street (from 1987)
- Should almost work as a historical document in a few years

7 out of 10

Risky Business
- I just love Tom Cruise

7 out of 10

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: 26-10-2010, 00:10:02 »
Lebanon. 2009. Samuel Moaz.
7/10

An israelian motley crew in a tank at the start of the Libanon war in 1982. The movie shows mostly the viewpoint of a gunner, showing either the interior of the tank or the outside world through his gun sight. The strangely cold sound of the radio voices from outside, commenting what can be seen through the sight, add a haunting athmosphere. While everything is in ruins outside, the crew is fighting its own war inside. With each other, the heat, the tension and the condensed water dropping from the floor mixing up with oil, cornflakes, and urine. Sadly the occurence appears too episodic, though the cuts in between are meant as expression of endless waiting.

http://espanol.video.yahoo.com/watch/7602282/20167852

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1483831

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Jobabb Jobabbsen

• View Profile
« Reply #837 on: 26-10-2010, 17:10:53 »
The Road   (2009)      9/10      I really liked this movie. Its extremely depressive, and i think its very realistic aswell. It describes a very very good impression of a post apocalyptic world. Though if you wanna see alot of action and boobs this is not your movie.

Ghost of Mars   (2001)    4/10      This movie is quite unrealisic and have bad actors (except Jason Statham which do it quite good) The good part is that the story is built up in an interesting way so you step by step get to know what have happened , and its a relatively good mood. The story is basicly allright, but many details make it stupid. The story is kinda funny... a virus (or something you never get to know) have made people on Mars crazy, so they dress like a mix between mad max-people and black metallers, wield swords and spears and start to murder people. While the rapper Ice Cube and some good guys try to fight off these murder-black metallers. Quite stupid, but its entertaining enough.

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
  • King of the Off-Topic Section
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #838 on: 26-10-2010, 20:10:45 »
Ah, yes. The Road. I really like the way the movie follows the book!

Finally I really felt they brought the mood of the book on screen, really good job by the guys behind it.

Still, the book is better (some stories are better in book form and other are better for movies that's it)

Still, great movie and a great book!

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: 30-10-2010, 15:10:49 »
The sorceror's apprentice

4/10
Its not as bad a movie as it is souless. It could really have been good. It had all it needed to be. Sure, the background could have been beefed-up more, and there could have been alot of parodies of other movies if either of the 2 main actors had had a thing for movies and decided to imitate real movies eg. in the car chase, something out of transformers would have been in order, or using the MIB forgetting thing after the pile-up or something...

And the nod to the Fantasia's the Sorceror's apprentice could have been alot more dramatic and true to form... It was for the most part a wasted opportunity to have a real magic ride, and it dies needing a more dramatic ending and more original humor - Still, this is Nicholas Cage's best look since the '90s. Pitty it was all for nothing :-(