Author Topic: World cup in Brasil 2014  (Read 14700 times)

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: World cup in Brasil 2014
« Reply #360 on: 11-07-2014, 18:07:18 »
If the next coach reverts back to 4-4-3. We would have Depay on left, Huntelaar central, he is still young enough and on the right Lens ??
Yes, Huntelaar can still play for a few years, but I was thinking more about his successor. Do you know any Dutch central attackers which can be good enough to play in Oranje?

@ Zoo: nice analysis, mostly agreed.

Offline [F|H]Deek_101

• FH-Betatester
  • F|H Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Forgotten Honor Tournament
« Reply #361 on: 11-07-2014, 18:07:42 »
If the next coach reverts back to 4-4-3. We would have Depay on left, Huntelaar central, he is still young enough and on the right Lens ??
Yes, Huntelaar can still play for a few years, but I was thinking more about his successor. Do you know any Dutch central attackers which can be good enough to play in Oranje?

@ Zoo: nice analysis, mostly agreed.

De jong of Newcastle(dunno if he is still there was on loan from Borussia Monchengladbach).

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: 11-07-2014, 19:07:06 »
Mmm, De Jong did nice when he was still playing for FC Twente, but after that he failed both in Monchengladbach and in Newcastle.He should come back to the Dutch competition, grow a bit stronger and betetr and then try again. Then, maybe he can be the central striker for Oranje.

Could happen, he is still young enough.

Offline Khaine

• View Profile
« Reply #363 on: 11-07-2014, 19:07:26 »
I tought it was a mistake the first time, but it's the 2nd time you talk about this 443. You do know that there are only 11 players who can play, of whom only 10 are field players. Never hear of a 443 line up in this sport, 343 and 433 on the other hand could work.

Offline [F|H]Deek_101

• FH-Betatester
  • F|H Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Forgotten Honor Tournament
« Reply #364 on: 12-07-2014, 12:07:39 »
Mmm, De Jong did nice when he was still playing for FC Twente, but after that he failed both in Monchengladbach and in Newcastle.He should come back to the Dutch competition, grow a bit stronger and betetr and then try again. Then, maybe he can be the central striker for Oranje.

Could happen, he is still young enough.

I dunno if going back to Holland will help him get better as a footballer, he needs refulare first team in a big league. Eredivisie isn't a huge league.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: 12-07-2014, 22:07:24 »
I dunno if going back to Holland will help him get better as a footballer, he needs refulare first team in a big league. Eredivisie isn't a huge league.
I think he went too soon, many players leave Holland, but the wiser players wait until they can't learn anything here anymore. De Jong wasn't at that point yet.

I agree that the Eredivisie isn't a huge league, but half our national team consists of players whoa re active in that league, and we have seen that they got to the semifinals.

@ game: I think the Dutch are being too nice for the Brazilians. What a show of weakness once more by them, unbelievable.

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #366 on: 12-07-2014, 22:07:38 »
Yep, Brazil plays without passion, Oscar falling at every occasion, referee is a clown. Overall Brazil plays without structure and teamwork...sad.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: 13-07-2014, 01:07:42 »
I really expected Brazil to win this one, being in their own country, with a huge demasque in the match before, they had enoguh to go for, and to show their own public that they are actually a good team. But none of that today. Despite a few attempts (there were two real chances for scoring in my opinion), Brazil failed on all fronts.

Our team played like they were having a fun evening, like it was easy to make this a victory. I'm really glad they won this, they deserved a medal for their performances so far. I also enjoyed the play of Jordy Clasie a lot. I'm a fan of him since a few years, and I had hoped for a slightly bigger role for him in this tournament. A lot of people in the Netherlands think he can't handle a high level game, that he doesn't show his skills against bigger opponents. I think it's safe to say that today he showed that at least that is nonsense. Clasie will be an important part of our national team in the future, mark my words on this.

Now on to the finals. Of course everyone is expecting Germany to win, but don't rule out Argentina. They even tear up their own asses in order to win a game, so that's how far they go ;)

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/javier-mascherano-says-he-tore-his-anus-during-semifinal-against-netherlands-154255457-soccer.html

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #368 on: 13-07-2014, 02:07:30 »
I'm not expecting an easy game at all, but I think we are going to make it. My tip is 2:0 with a goal some time in the first half and a second one towards the end when we play a good counter attack.

What I'm almost certain of is: If Argentina wins, they win 1:0 or in penalty shootout. They will play with a very defensive set, the connection between midfield and Messi/Higuain is somewhat lacking. So they won't have many chances. I expect a similar game as vs NL, just that our team will be more dangerous offensively and put a bit higher pressure on Argentina in general, while it will still be hard to break through.

It's time. I have not experienced a won world championsship for Germany in my lifetime. I really want it to happen. We have an awesome generation of football players with many of them playing their last world cup. The team is on it's peak not only in skill, also in experience. I really admire them for their great team spirit and for realizing that is the last big opportunity with this generation. The final being lost 2002, the end in the semi-finals 2006 & 2010, always close but never there.

Time has come. We have to win tomorrow.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: 13-07-2014, 09:07:02 »
2 more goals to break the most goals scored in a World Cup record. Previously, the record was broken in 1998 with 171 goals. Currently, WC2014 matches produced 170 goals.

So, "If Thiago Silva plays" eh? I don't understand about them losing dignity, but why don't they just try to play beautiful game and lose with some entertainment? They also committed a lot of diving, which is perplexing.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: 13-07-2014, 10:07:10 »
Nice piece of text, Surfbird :) Let me paraphrase it a bit, as it fits quite nicely:
It's time. I have not experienced a won world championsship for the Netherlands in my lifetime. I really want it to happen. We have an awesome generation of football players with many of them playing their last world cup. The team is on it's peak not only in skill, also in experience. I really admire them for their great team spirit and for realizing that is the last big opportunity with this generation. The final being lost 2010, the end in the semi-finals 2014, always close but never there.

Time has come. We have to win in 2018.

Yesterday a reporter said that with ECs and WCs put together, the Netherlands were in the last four 10 times, compared to Italy 9, France 6 and England 2 times. Only Germany is better, but Germany already won a few titles, and we didn't. We only won one EC, so it's our turn now in the next WC :)

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #371 on: 13-07-2014, 12:07:29 »
Ye, you know I'm not a fan of your team but you probably deserve it at some point and the next WC is likely to be the last chance for Robben, Sneijder, van Persie, N. de Jong at least. I expect Kuyt to be out next WC already.

On the other hand players like Depay look promising for the future. Also de Vrij, Indi, Janmaat and Blind are mid 20 or something. Maybe not top stars, but they might develop to better players in the future.

Doesn't mean I want you to win the world cup, but nobody can say you wouldn't deserve it.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: 13-07-2014, 12:07:48 »
Exactly my point :) It'd be nice to see a win in a WC while I'm alive :) The defenders you name are all 22-24 years old, so enough time to develop into strong players until next WC. And then we still have Kongolo and Depay indeed, even younger.

Although you might say that Kuyt will be out, most people in NL thought he was over the hill already this year. He surprised everyone by being as fit as he was. One journalist commented after the match vs Mexico: "When the WC is in Qatar, Kuyt will be 46. I'd take him with me!" ;D

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: 13-07-2014, 18:07:08 »
I tought it was a mistake the first time, but it's the 2nd time you talk about this 443. You do know that there are only 11 players who can play, of whom only 10 are field players. Never hear of a 443 line up in this sport, 343 and 433 on the other hand could work.
It is Dutch thing, we use it. Thought it was known elsewhere too. Google it

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: 13-07-2014, 23:07:15 »
Mario Götze scored a brilliant goal. Breaking all the myths about Latin American  football.

Now Argentina have to taste its own medicine of time-dragging.