Author Topic: Project Reality Mod  (Read 75640 times)

Offline Alberto22

• proud to be italian
    • View Profile
Re: Project Reality Mod v0.9
« Reply #135 on: 27-02-2010, 17:02:19 »
Gaza Beach  8)

Offline Zrix

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 27-02-2010, 22:02:16 »
Why have the Chechen rebels been removed?!
Not so much removed, just renamed from Chechen Militia to just Militia.

Why I don't know. Perhaps they wanted to be able to use the faction in different scenarios without being forced to stick to what's plausible for the Chechens.

Offline G.Drew

• FH-Betatester
  • FH player since 0.65
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 28-02-2010, 01:02:47 »
Why have the Chechen rebels been removed?!
Not so much removed, just renamed from Chechen Militia to just Militia.

Why I don't know. Perhaps they wanted to be able to use the faction in different scenarios without being forced to stick to what's plausible for the Chechens.
Thats exactly why they changed the name, so they could use it in more scenarios
"Accept the challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory" - Gen. George S. Patton
-you aren't allowed to have nice things.

Offline JawZ

• Maneater
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 28-02-2010, 06:02:26 »
I gave this mod an honest try and if I'm being honest, it was a friggin borefest. I played on a full server for 3 hours straight and I never shot my weapon nor was I shot at. I rode around in an APC (with a full fireteam) looking for other APC's to blow up.  The people were nice and pleasant but the mod just doesn't do anything for me gameplay wise. They have some nice looking maps but that's it.

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 28-02-2010, 07:02:40 »
I shoot my weapon every game of PR I play. But oh well, your loss. I enjoy PR quite a bit, it's a refreshing change of pace. Unlike many other mods that are more like normal BF2(AIX,USI,yes, even FH2 to a point), it's completely different. I like the intense moments that can be had while playing, and it offers an experience you wont find elsewhere.

Offline Coca-Cola

• [130.Pz.]A.Aasen
    • View Profile
    • MY CHARACTER MODELING AND TEXTURING SITE
« Reply #140 on: 28-02-2010, 08:02:35 »
I gave this mod an honest try and if I'm being honest, it was a friggin borefest. I played on a full server for 3 hours straight and I never shot my weapon nor was I shot at. I rode around in an APC (with a full fireteam) looking for other APC's to blow up.  The people were nice and pleasant but the mod just doesn't do anything for me gameplay wise. They have some nice looking maps but that's it.
It sounds like you were playing Yamalia by the way that you describe your experience. It is a very boring map most of the time, and the only times that I've really had fun on that map are by driving around in APCs and using the TOW in a well-built FOB. To remedy your PR problem, I'd recommend playing as Hamas on Gaza beach with a very low ping, and you need to stay close to the cache in order to have a very eventful game. Listening to the SL, especially if he's a bit too much into the realism, will usually be a boring but death-free game. You also might want to, if it's an option, try getting a group of guys together with whom to play. A light-hearted clan might also be an option. Overall though, avoid hyper-realistic SLs in the game and wide open maps in the 2-4Km size; however, don't get me wrong, as they can also be very fun to play, not so much for the 4Km ones, but you need to go to and stay around objectives/caches in order to have fun.

I remember flippy warbear recounting how he stayed with the logistics/fob squad and, surprisingly(who would have thought), being very bored with the game. It's true, no one wants to only e-build a tank trap or bunker of some sort, and it's one of the things they need to remove, IMO, and have a delay before objects are fully built; consequently, I've, in a sense, boycotted building anything in game, as I have real things that need to be done around the yard...
MY CHARACTER MODELING AND TEXTURING SITE: http://andersgarvin.wix.com/portfolio#!home/mainPage

Offline Alberto22

• proud to be italian
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 28-02-2010, 15:02:41 »
agree with gaza beach, but not need to stay at caches. Very Funny is doing raid with technical against IDF apcs.

Offline JawZ

• Maneater
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 28-02-2010, 17:02:03 »
I shoot my weapon every game of PR I play. But oh well, your loss. I enjoy PR quite a bit, it's a refreshing change of pace. Unlike many other mods that are more like normal BF2(AIX,USI,yes, even FH2 to a point), it's completely different. I like the intense moments that can be had while playing, and it offers an experience you wont find elsewhere.

Jesus Christ...it's not my loss. I stopped playing a game that I don't like.

I do agree, PR offers an experience you won't find elsewhere... ::)

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 28-02-2010, 17:02:36 »
PR is awesome, play it with VOIP and with friends/a good squad. otherwise it doesn't matter how many times you encounter the enemy - it will suck donkey ass.
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Desertfox

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 28-02-2010, 19:02:50 »

Jesus Christ...it's not my loss. I stopped playing a game that I don't like.

I do agree, PR offers an experience you won't find elsewhere... ::)
UH...since you don't play it, and you don't have it on your pc, it is your loss. I think PR can have some intense moments, and in my opinion has some things that makes it more unique than the average BF2. It can be great fun, you just didn't get to really experience that. When it is fun, it is more fun than anything else on the refractor 2 for the most part. 

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 28-02-2010, 20:02:46 »
I hate to admit it, but I think the yay-sayers are bloody right

The game is revolutionary in its approach... Its called project reality for a reason - You need to accept it for what it is... you don't have to walk miles for a firefight (And I'm talking SP/COOP here, where the bots aren't even looking for you but looking for the flags, unlike Conquest, where its the other way around)

Sound effect is second to none - Sure, not as 'fun' and the graphics, compared to FH2 surely are a notch down - But no worse than Vanilla, IMO.

Small tip: In as much as fans of FH2 will advice you NOT to go looking for a mod of BF2 with similar gameplay when exploring Forgotten Hope 2, don't do that for PR either - And lets do a bit of logical reasoning here.. If you shouldn't be looking for a BF2V experience in PR, why, or why the fuck will you go looking for a gameplay reminiscent of FH2?! That's two steps away, isn't it?

Like I always say, I do wish there was a PR version of FH2... not because I prefer PR, which I CERTAINLY do not, but just because I love the difference and would like to see a mod for FH2 like that: Sound, advanced animations, command assets and structure and certainly, the fanbase size... Just for the fun of it

.. on topic, I absolutely love the new effects I see, the JADAM explosion is epic, sound effect and distant sound is second to none.. Almost... I can still see some superiority in FH2's range of aircraft sounds here and there... And the smoke effect from tanks as well as explosion sound effect is something the FH2 devs should really consider using in THIS ga... mod.

« Last Edit: 28-02-2010, 20:02:31 by djinn »

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 28-02-2010, 20:02:13 »
As great Sensei once taught us all: Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they all stink.

Offline Coca-Cola

• [130.Pz.]A.Aasen
    • View Profile
    • MY CHARACTER MODELING AND TEXTURING SITE
« Reply #147 on: 28-02-2010, 23:02:56 »
Well said Djinn
agree with gaza beach, but not need to stay at caches. Very Funny is doing raid with technical against IDF apcs.
Sorry if it wasn't that clear, but I don't mean right on them or a few buildings away however players need to stay in the general area and try to predict where enemies will be coming from. I'm just tired of people saying that they've had a bad game when they've been fucking around on the edge of the map or building FOBs.
As great Sensei once taught us all: Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they all stink.
How very wise.
MY CHARACTER MODELING AND TEXTURING SITE: http://andersgarvin.wix.com/portfolio#!home/mainPage

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 29-03-2010, 20:03:29 »
ambushh!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEtBUEllBMA

i just love those moments xD

Offline Desertfox

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 29-03-2010, 21:03:09 »
ambushh!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEtBUEllBMA

i just love those moments xD
That's exactly what makes PR awesome