Author Topic: Project Reality Mod  (Read 75832 times)

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
Re: Project Reality Mod v0.9
« Reply #105 on: 07-02-2010, 18:02:08 »
I guess I'll give PR another try. it had better not be as boring as the last releases, though...waste of five gigs, last release was.  And if I can make good movies out of it, then its even better.
I doesn't even take up 5 gigs....get your fact straight. ANd I like the new deviation HAMAS faction FTW M16A1 FTW AK-47 FTW Tavor FTW the list keeps growing...

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 07-02-2010, 19:02:12 »
Maybe I'll install PR just to play a few rounds, even though the concept (and its realization) doesn't interest me the slightest, then I'll register on their forums and fill them with various iterations of "HAI GUYS UR MOD SUX, CAN U MAKE PR MOAR LIEK FH2 PLOX? KTHXBAI" ;D

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #107 on: 07-02-2010, 19:02:22 »
yeah, that would be fun.  One of the main reasons I don't like PR, like how I said before, is that most PR players I encounter are huge pricks. 

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 07-02-2010, 19:02:00 »
I would have to agree  :-\

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 07-02-2010, 19:02:02 »
Not all are pricks. Once me and my friend were playing with apc but we wrecked first one. There were 3 apc's total in map and other two were just leaving our main, so we asked nicely if that other apc squad could give us another one, becouse there were only 2 of us. They ended up giving us both apc, another one incase we also wreck our second apc  ;D

Offline Desertfox

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 07-02-2010, 20:02:16 »
Problem is, what do you think you guys are doing right now by insulting their community? The same thing you claim they do to the FH2 community. By insulting their community saying that is full of pricks and doing anything like Kemola has said is being hypocritical. So if you really want to do the same thing you claim they do go ahead, but to be honest, both communities have stupid people in them, and you can't avoid that. But by being one of them, you aren't putting the whole community in a good light.

Offline Cory the Otter

• View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #111 on: 07-02-2010, 20:02:42 »
no, i just said that in my experience, most of the players seem to be pricks, I never said all of them. In fh2 public, most of the people I play with are complete idiots, as well. only when i play with forumgoers do I seem to have a really nice time.

Offline Desertfox

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 07-02-2010, 20:02:16 »
no, i just said that in my experience, most of the players seem to be pricks, I never said all of them. In fh2 public, most of the people I play with are complete idiots, as well. only when i play with forumgoers do I seem to have a really nice time.
What I said still stands. Take the high road. Don't complain about them, and start unnecessary crap that doesn't need to get started. Every time you say anything negative about their community, you are adding fuel to the fire. Most of the things that you can say about the PR community can be said against the FH2 community too. I personally have never had a bad experience in regards to the community in PR, or FH2 for that matter, aside from things in the forum, which would, and has happened in the PR forums as well. You yourself Warrior have already said you don't play PR much, and never liked it, so how many experiences with the community have you had anyway, including the fact that you aren't close to be active on their forums.

Offline Cory the Otter

• View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #113 on: 08-02-2010, 01:02:37 »
I just played a few rounds, and my judgement is: More of the same.

On most maps, for me, it is much too laggy to play at all. 
Several Crashes to Desktop
If the lag was fixed, i would definitely play the game on SP, but I have validated as I stated before, that most people that played me were massive dicks, and I invite them all to suck massive choads.

Offline Desertfox

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 08-02-2010, 01:02:56 »
What did you do to make them act that way. I have never had a bad experience in PR with the community, and this leads me to believe that you may be the cause of the problem. lag wise however, I haven't had many problems, except on on map, and it was still playable.

Offline Cory the Otter

• View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #115 on: 08-02-2010, 01:02:05 »
What did you do to make them act that way.

I entered the passenger seat of a helicopter and I got kicked, I got kicked for being on mumble, I had my mic on auto-on, I coughed and they kicked me.
So i guess its not so much the players, but the admins being incredible dicks.

Offline Chuc

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 08-02-2010, 06:02:05 »
also, the few times I got it to run properly, they really seem to have dropped the ball on their quality control. Compare for example the Israeli weapons with the new AK models from the patch before this one. Then there is stuff like the players hand glitching through the MG3s magazine. Of course all very cosmetic stuff, but still, you expect more from PR after the other patches.

I`d like to know based on an asset by asset comparison how the new content is in any way worse than previous additions.

Fancy doing a few thousand animations? You can have my job. PR has always had a problem with quality control, but really it all comes down to a shortage of manpower. I have to admit this is the largest release content-wise, and in that sense we were overstretched.
« Last Edit: 08-02-2010, 06:02:50 by Chuc »

Offline Mr_Cheese

• Developer
  • FH2 dev
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio Website
« Reply #117 on: 08-02-2010, 08:02:24 »
Well I enjoyed my first round on 0.9 (though I was only ingame for 20-30mins). I saw an enemy helicopter twice and and infantryman once (I killed him) - but it was great! PR isn't there to depict large-scale battles like FH2, it's more the ambush-the-patrol-and-then-melt-into-the-undergrowth style engagement. Every now and again you could hear a gunfight in the distance which would continue for a few minutes and then die away. I love the way that people just use VoIP without having to be in a special Teamwork squad or anything like this (it can be pretty funny though when you get people who only use genuine military vocabulary! :p). I haven't tried a map yet that will show the effects of removing the squad rally points yet but so far gameplay is exactly as I expected it. I just wish I had more time to play :(

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 08-02-2010, 09:02:56 »
I just played a few rounds, and my judgement is: More of the same.

On most maps, for me, it is much too laggy to play at all. 
Several Crashes to Desktop
If the lag was fixed, i would definitely play the game on SP, but I have validated as I stated before, that most people that played me were massive dicks, and I invite them all to suck massive choads.

Only one SP map lagged for me. New taliban map, cant remember name.

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 08-02-2010, 12:02:38 »
Unfortunately I wasnt able to Play much this Weekend but Next Weekend I should have enough Time. But I experienced some Great rounds while playing. The first Round I played on that New Map where the Russians Battle the Canucks. Great Map, Flat but with dense forrests and some occasional clearings. I was in a Russian APC squadhouse and we had some grat firefights. The New BTR with the autocannon is just awesome.
Other rounds were fun, too, especially the Russians are cool to Play with. Next Weekend I definately wanna try the other New stuff such As the Israelis, the Hamas etc.
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.