Author Topic: Project Reality Mod  (Read 76191 times)

Offline Meadow

• You still might very well think that
    • View Profile
Re: Project Reality Mod v0.9
« Reply #45 on: 04-02-2010, 14:02:22 »
Far be it from me to belittle the excellent work done by the PR devs - which looks great and I'm sure is right up some people's street - I still find PR very boring and not my cup of tea at all. And yes, that's even when I'm playing in a squad properly and using VOIP etc. I've had one or two great gameplay experiences - and they were superb, I will admit - but in each release they make things even more complicated and less fun.

Have fun with it, PR players. A part of me wishes all this new content for what is still essentially BF2's setting was in a PoE2-style mod so I could fully appreciate it.
Sustainable business practices are not endorsed by FileFront

Offline Ciupita

• Gay Lord
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 04-02-2010, 14:02:51 »
I'm downloading it right now.. will be awesome.

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 04-02-2010, 21:02:00 »
I never found PR complicated, unless you play as the commander. Other than that, I believe that it is not much more complicated than other mods for BF2. The main difference to me is that it is not as linear. For example, in vBF2 or FH2, there is a slight lack of gameplay variation in comparison( not aying that there is none, you just don't feel it as much as you do in PR). PR plays like no other mod really, making it fun in its own way. I have don't exactly see how this release adds in any complication much more than what the FH2 com-block/whatever you call that thing is to me.

Offline Hockeywarrior

• One of the superior 5-digit numbers
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 04-02-2010, 22:02:23 »
I like PR, but I rarely play it because I always know that in order to do so I have to dedicated like 2-3 hours out of my day.

That's how much time it usually takes to:
1) get in a squad 2) get into a GOOD squad 3) get disconnected 2-3 times 4) find a decent squad 5) finally get a GREAT squad 6) have a great time (maybe)

The times I do have a great time in PR are SUPERB, but they only happen probably 20% of the time I actually play it. Most of the time is spent running around with a stupid squad that doesn't speak English or know what to do, getting killed by people 2 miles away, assuming I find the enemy. But I really DO like the game.

That said, I'm really really really really scratching my head of the new rally point system they've got where rally points disappear after 60 seconds. This forces people to respawn WAAAY back at a forward base, slowing down the gameplay even more. I mean come on guys! I will give this new version a shot though -- it's just a shame that they just can't leave the gameplay alone!

Check out my Red Orchestra, FH2, and shooting videos!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQK9lbdAEi9mAM5iGfHoeyA

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 04-02-2010, 23:02:36 »
The removal of the Rally is the worst idea ever imho.

Offline Zrix

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 05-02-2010, 00:02:05 »
Have you tried it?

Offline Coca-Cola

• [130.Pz.]A.Aasen
    • View Profile
    • MY CHARACTER MODELING AND TEXTURING SITE
« Reply #51 on: 05-02-2010, 01:02:48 »
People are just set in their ways with their rally points and where they make their team's F.O.B.s; after a week or so, you'll see a lot more well-placed F.O.B.s in AAS so that the action is much more concentrated as the PR devs are forcing with these new implementations. I welcome the new rally system as, I don't know how often you guys play Muttrah or Qwai, there's always one or two squads constantly a flag behind, way off in the enemy's main or just plain middle of nowhere keeping your team from winning. Winning games has come down too often on how many of your team's squads are actually in the fight, also another reason why I think that a lot of people find it boring too, and focusing on objectives as opposed to actual team skill level.
MY CHARACTER MODELING AND TEXTURING SITE: http://andersgarvin.wix.com/portfolio#!home/mainPage

Offline Zrix

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 05-02-2010, 01:02:36 »

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 05-02-2010, 03:02:59 »
Have you tried it?

I think TG had a small update with that Rally Point thingy.

ANd yes, i played on TG, cant remember anything from that, but i simply cant imagine the new gameplay, the point of the Rally is to allow a new fighting man in the Squad, the SL, now the SL has to be constantly placing Rallies... now hes like the Vanilla/Fh2 SL.

Also i think the changelog says you cant place a RP if theres enemies around.. if so, could be used as an exploit.

But yeah, i have to see it first.

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #54 on: 05-02-2010, 03:02:40 »
Downloaded and awaiting tomorrow (actually been seeding for a couple nights).  Post what servers you guys are going to be on so we can be on the look out for some friendly faces.   ;D
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 05-02-2010, 04:02:30 »
Thats my problem with PR, i dont know anyone, and the people i "know" are the Forums guys and im not their friends so when i play, i play alone, and playin alone sucks nuts.

Instead, in Fh2, when i join hslan, WaW, WOLF or somewhere else, i know 70% of the people and have tons of fun with me.

What Lainer said.

Offline Kev4000

• Developer
  • FH2 "special" coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 05-02-2010, 08:02:42 »
Accents in North America are not distinguished by imaginary borders. Someone from Minnesota sounds much more alike someone from Alberta then someone from Texas. Or Newfoundland. Especially Newfoundland.

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
  • King of the Off-Topic Section
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #57 on: 05-02-2010, 10:02:20 »
Downloading!

Oh Caaaaanaaaadaaaaaa...

Offline Zrix

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 05-02-2010, 15:02:25 »
Incase someone can't access the site, the password is: Zu3bCFxq9BdeoDA0QJEINYiHgOSVsKkjnaW78RTrmh6P4fMzyG

Offline Moose

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 05-02-2010, 16:02:02 »
Accents in North America are not distinguished by imaginary borders. Someone from Minnesota sounds much more alike someone from Alberta then someone from Texas. Or Newfoundland. Especially Newfoundland.

Hence why I sound Canadian....