Author Topic: Project Reality Mod  (Read 75768 times)

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
Re: Project Reality Mod
« Reply #690 on: 31-05-2015, 09:05:33 »
I'll probably go back to PR at some point. I fucking love that mod.

Last I played was eight or nine months ago. As a Russian infantryman right at the start on Saaremaa, got dropped off by the cow while my 7 squadmates advancing through the woods were blabbering endlessly in mumble and not paying attention, they halted for no apparent reason (not to build a FOB, since our SL had taken an AR kit for some reason) and completely failed to notice the Osprey landing a hundred yards in front of us right at Orisaare and an enemy squad getting out.

I could see the whites of their eyes, the burger grease dripping fromn their lips. Opened fire with my PKM and nailed five of them and damaged the bird. I reported it coming in, landing, and taking back off again. I didn't need to since it literally drowned out our comms. As it flew back off into the distance, my squad finally unfucked itself and woke up.... only for our medic to teamkill me, our LAT kit to shoot a tree, our HAT kit to fire at the plane once it was a million miles away, and our SL wielding an RPK to empty a banana clip into an empty house a hundred feet from all the dead Yanks I had just killed and then kick me from the squad for firing without permission.

And that was the day I quit PR for the five hundredth time.
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: 31-05-2015, 13:05:09 »
I'll probably go back to PR at some point. I fucking love that mod.

Last I played was eight or nine months ago. As a Russian infantryman right at the start on Saaremaa, got dropped off by the cow while my 7 squadmates advancing through the woods were blabbering endlessly in mumble and not paying attention, they halted for no apparent reason (not to build a FOB, since our SL had taken an AR kit for some reason) and completely failed to notice the Osprey landing a hundred yards in front of us right at Orisaare and an enemy squad getting out.

I could see the whites of their eyes, the burger grease dripping fromn their lips. Opened fire with my PKM and nailed five of them and damaged the bird. I reported it coming in, landing, and taking back off again. I didn't need to since it literally drowned out our comms. As it flew back off into the distance, my squad finally unfucked itself and woke up.... only for our medic to teamkill me, our LAT kit to shoot a tree, our HAT kit to fire at the plane once it was a million miles away, and our SL wielding an RPK to empty a banana clip into an empty house a hundred feet from all the dead Yanks I had just killed and then kick me from the squad for firing without permission.

And that was the day I quit PR for the five hundredth time.

Sounds like they didnt like your personality. Were you hacking their cpu's in some way?

:-*

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: 01-06-2015, 01:06:36 »
The project reality site is still overloaded like Keith Richards veins! Takes forever to navigate.

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline Hulabi

• View Profile
« Reply #693 on: 01-06-2015, 02:06:21 »
PR had over 1300 unique players playing on over 16 servers just two hours ago. Still going strong with ~800 players. :)

Offline Leopardi

• [11PzG] member
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: 01-06-2015, 12:06:27 »
PR had over 1300 unique players playing on over 16 servers just two hours ago. Still going strong with ~800 players. :)
Go finish those juicy FDF assets, so we can properly play Nuijamaa :P

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: 02-06-2015, 18:06:44 »
YOU WILL LEARN BY THE NUMBERS, I WILL TEACH YOU!

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/blogs/12510/b425-numbers.html

Offline Alubat

• View Profile
« Reply #696 on: 02-06-2015, 22:06:25 »
YOU WILL LEARN BY THE NUMBERS, I WILL TEACH YOU!

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/blogs/12510/b425-numbers.html

Crazy Stats  :o
76,007 average core (non-level) files changed per year

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: 02-06-2015, 22:06:04 »
Really interesting stats indeed. Glad its going well thus far for the PR boys. :)

Offline RAnDOOm

• Portugal - Surfs Paradise in Europe
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: 02-06-2015, 22:06:01 »
AWESOME. Thats amazing! ( Not a PR fan here, but wow.... )

Those are HUGE numbers.

If all goes well during the next days, i really hope FH2 willl use the same strategy.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: 02-06-2015, 22:06:50 »
Yeah it's great. Let's hope there is no legal response from EA, but so far everything seems quiet. Maybe a new era of BF2 "modding" has dawned  ;D

Offline RAnDOOm

• Portugal - Surfs Paradise in Europe
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: 02-06-2015, 23:06:12 »
Yeah it's great. Let's hope there is no legal response from EA, but so far everything seems quiet. Maybe a new era of BF2 "modding" has dawned  ;D

I was 3 steps back when i knew PR was going to do this change, just because if "what will happen".

Its still early i know, but looking and evaluating the amount of information that this PR release has given, at least its something to consider for FH2.

In my opinion, 1 week, if it still stands, i urge FH2 devs to do the same.

Having 1/3 of what PR, and 1/3 is a good overall of what might happenhad means almost 7.000 installs.

7.000 instals - 2.500 players per day.

Again this is 1/3 of what PR had.

Just a very wild and loose prediction.   ;)

Offline Alubat

• View Profile
« Reply #701 on: 02-06-2015, 23:06:07 »
having fun watching Live stream NOW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxxAf7uH-cI

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: 03-06-2015, 03:06:56 »
 Congrats to PR. I'm going to download it again.

I recognize genius when i see it.

The future path is very clear for FH2.....

Its either this or die slowly.

;)

Offline Excavus

• Member of the FH2 Cynic Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: 03-06-2015, 06:06:00 »
Agreed with Hendrix. Go the path of PR and go standalone, or die. I'm having lots of fun with the new update.

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
« Reply #704 on: 03-06-2015, 07:06:51 »
FH2 can never be like PR. It's because while the theme is more vibrant FH2 was never designed for simple convenience and keeping newcomers on a more equal footing in mind, while you can just join a squad, chat around and learn the game in PR, unlike the awkwardly frantic fashion of joining multiplayer in FH2.