Author Topic: Project Reality Mod  (Read 75947 times)

Offline Rabbit032

• By all means necessary.
    • View Profile
Re: Project Reality Mod
« Reply #615 on: 04-08-2013, 19:08:07 »
Coop or any level in any mode?
Pipe Hitters Union

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: 04-08-2013, 19:08:42 »
Ok I really need a bigger screen... That or limit myself to playing the "tacticool" side. I can't hit anything with ironsights as it's so damn hard to hunt for that 1 pixel of an enemy lying prone... Ridiculous...

Otherwise, nice mod, especially when you get into a cooperative and vocal squad that actually has a SL who knows his s***.
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Rabbit032

• By all means necessary.
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: 04-08-2013, 19:08:36 »
Where is the Osprey? Couldnt find it.
Well coop its khamisiyah  ALT later and pavlovsk_bay
Ok I really need a bigger screen... That or limit myself to playing the "tacticool" side. I can't hit anything with ironsights as it's so damn hard to hunt for that 1 pixel of an enemy lying prone... Ridiculous...

Otherwise, nice mod, especially when you get into a cooperative and vocal squad that actually has a SL who knows his s***.

What class were you? They usually give irons (with the exception of mil, tal, ins) ironsights because combat is not their primary role, like medic.
Pipe Hitters Union

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: 04-08-2013, 19:08:29 »
Thanks Rabbit.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: 04-08-2013, 20:08:11 »
What class were you? They usually give irons (with the exception of mil, tal, ins) ironsights because combat is not their primary role, like medic.

It was insurgency... It's an innovative idea, but insurgents are just cannon fodder for the other side, unless they have really capable SLs that can organize good ambushes.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: 04-08-2013, 20:08:41 »
Shouldn't the aks have the upper hand in a close combat environment? Most American rifles dont fire full auto IIRC.

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: 04-08-2013, 20:08:05 »
1)fire shots at em
2)hide in a courtyard
4)wait
5)...
6)i skipped 3
7)profit

Lure them into close quarters. You can fuck em up pretty bad this way. If you get killed long distance you're doing it wrong. Don't fire unless you have the perfect shot.

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: 04-08-2013, 21:08:41 »
Was playing as US on that Black-Hawk-Down-ish map today and we had some really high casualties in close quarters. Insurgents were swarming us from all sides, pumping short-ranged full auto fire into my squad, constantly maneuvering and taking out squad members. Only thanks to two very dedicated and brave medics we managed to get out of this mess again (only to end up dead after our transport chopper dropped us too close to a cache). "Hi!" to AfterDune who also frequents this forum and who was in my squad as well, btw. :D
The best feature in 1.0 is the integrated Mumble, though. Local voice chat is just awesome, it allows you to directly communicate with people around you, making the gaming experience even better, because it provides players with a tool to cooperate even more and encourages teamwork on a whole new level. Picking up stragglers, communicating with vehicle crews and talking to players who arenĀ“t part of your squad just got so much easier and enables them to coordinate complex maneuvres easily.
Also, back up iron sights are awesome and the new effects look great! IMO PR has shown what a hard working and dedicated dev team is capable of, even with a years old game engine. One of the best releases of the year.
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #623 on: 05-08-2013, 09:08:41 »
Thank you Rabbit. Pretty much the only map I did not try.
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #624 on: 06-08-2013, 05:08:43 »
I haven't really played for a year but I'm back into it now. Problem is I can't create a local server to get some practice in but the rest all seems to be working fine.
Here's an error that comes along soon as I create a local game:
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/1575/za0l.png
Straight to the desktop! I've tried deleting profiles, reinstalling PR and BF2, and whatever else I can think of. I couldn't find anything like this on the PR forums so if no one here can get around this then I'll head there in a week.

Offline LHeureux

• View Profile
« Reply #625 on: 06-08-2013, 06:08:49 »
I haven't really played for a year but I'm back into it now. Problem is I can't create a local server to get some practice in but the rest all seems to be working fine.
Here's an error that comes along soon as I create a local game:
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/1575/za0l.png
Straight to the desktop! I've tried deleting profiles, reinstalling PR and BF2, and whatever else I can think of. I couldn't find anything like this on the PR forums so if no one here can get around this then I'll head there in a week.

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27-pr-bf2-support

Just make a thread on the forums and post that pic.

This looks like a Python bug associated with Vietnam, try to load another map. But still, make the thread on PR forums
Hey, huge ass .gif signatures are totally unnecessary and obnoxious. Not these anymore, thankyouverymany kkbyethx love you, all the homo. -Flippy

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: 10-08-2013, 19:08:15 »
I'm really starting to get more into this with every good round I play... Unfortunately there aren't always spots left in teamworking squads so it's hard to have an enjoyable round sometimes. But when there are it's usually great fun, even though you sometimes spend a lot of time doing nothing (if you have an over-cautious SL :P).

Also I never thought a game can be so intense without any actual shooting involved. For example we were moving in to a flag that was next in the cap line after we greyed out the previous one and left it for the other squads to cap it. As we were trying to cross the road we heard a tank coming so everybody quickly ran to the bushes behind the hill. The tank passed like 20 m from us and didn't notice anyone from our 8 man squad!

Also I almost finished the round without actually dying thanks to our nice medic (that's also a new for me, as I couldn't really believe somebody could stay alive for the whole round of any game). The only time I died was when I stayed further back as our squad was retreating... I tried to cover them, but died in the process.

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #627 on: 12-08-2013, 14:08:42 »
I played again this weekend and I really enjoy the new version. Integrated mumble with radio sounds is epic so there is no need to use the commo rose shouting anymore. But why in hell do I hate those new voices so bad? I mean, BF2-US voices were ok but BF2-UK were a bit strange like the German and the French voices. Still I think they are better than the new ones.
What do you think?

Offline AfterDune

• PR Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: 12-08-2013, 15:08:12 »
The German and French voices are still from vanilla. For the US, only the Grunt has been replaced. For UK, I believe it's Grunt and Squad Leader. I really like the new voices if you ask me, finally getting rid of those gay vanilla voices.

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #629 on: 12-08-2013, 17:08:49 »
Germans are using words that don't even exist in Germans I think. ;D