Author Topic: Project Reality Mod  (Read 76287 times)

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Project Reality Mod v0.95
« Reply #465 on: 30-05-2011, 20:05:52 »
The explanation got removed, dunno why. Even if they are doing it out of spite I will still be most interested it the results.
I don't see PR sharing their own 128P code with other mods, because of the license system PR uses.

Honestly, I doubt PR will and it's a thin moral line that stops me from crossing to one side or the other. I see no issues in sharing such a code with FH2 community, but it can be a big deal when talking about the vanilla one. It would attract more players to PR and extend its lifespan, kind of like a "last gift" sort of thing while they focus most of their efforts in Arma II.
Speaking of which, there was a thing going on at the BIS forum weeks ago. Some Arma II communities felt threatened and questioned PR DEVs to why they're not sharing their work at any shape or form. But in this case, it's just to avoid alot of PvP nuissance that you find in Arma II. The DEVs are totally right about this if they want to revolutionize the way PvP is played in that plaftorm, among other things.

Still is fair to say that PR seems to be gathering more and more resources and are not dependent of other mod teams. It is working, regardless if people like or not. So yeah, I highly doubt they will handle the code just like that.

But imagining that they do, how exactly would you solve it amongst you?
It seems to me that only one 128p server would be enough for the entire FH2 community and for that you need the 2 most famous server admins to share the costs. The UKWF suggestion for what I remember (and you posted) is even worse, since it involves 3 servers.

Lots of FH2 player chipped in when Soppa asked for some donations for the SISU 128 server, so there is commitment from the community.
What 128 server could mean is three things:

- For usage in tournaments. I think those guys really want to use it, because it suits their way of playing. Large coordinated attacks.
- For public use, there will be server with 128 players and I server with 64 players. This happended during the time Soppa switched it to FH2
- If FH2 devs have assurance this can be used for FH2, they can start making 128 player maps. Soppa did mention he created a layer for it.

But don't sweat it, when it comes it comes, in the meantime we will have a blast with FH 2.4.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #466 on: 31-05-2011, 19:05:08 »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-Wmsd2FvVg&feature=feedlik

this is just priceless, just watch it till the end, you wouldnt regret it  :P

Offline Zeno

• View Profile
« Reply #467 on: 31-05-2011, 20:05:17 »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-Wmsd2FvVg&feature=feedlik

this is just priceless, just watch it till the end, you wouldnt regret it  :P

HAHaha:D hillarious!!!

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: 31-05-2011, 20:05:22 »
That's Solid Snake  ;D

Offline Zrix

• View Profile
« Reply #469 on: 09-07-2011, 20:07:12 »

Offline Zrix

• View Profile
« Reply #470 on: 12-07-2011, 20:07:19 »

With a lengthy break since our last release, the Project Reality Team is proud to announce that work has officially concluded on Project Reality: BF2 v0.96, and a final release date has been set:

Friday, July 15th, 2011 at 18:00:00
PRT (Project Reality Time) / UTC (Coordinated Universal Time)

Preload Project Reality: BF2 v0.96 Now!
As with our last few releases, you can preload the files for Project Reality: BF2 v0.96. This will allow you to have the files downloaded, ready to go for release; so when we release the password to unlock the installers, you can immediately install and be playing within minutes!. The password allowing you to run the installation files will be released automatically via the password page at the above time.

This version comes in two separate types. If you have Project Reality: BF2 v0.95 already installed, you simply need to download and install the v0.95 to v0.96 "Patch". Otherwise, if you have any previous versions, or you do not have Project Reality installed at all, you will need to download the v0.96 "Full" installers, which comes in 3 separate parts due to the sheer amount of content in Project Reality. All three parts must be installed in order to play if you use the "Full" installers.

New Features and Changes
While this version primarily focused on fixing issues with previous versions of Project Reality, there are some new additions to the game.
  • New map: Shijia Valley (4km) (GB vs PLA)
  • New game mode: AAS Routes (AASv4)
  • New vehicle: Panther CLV
  • New PLA kit geometries
  • Many changes to existing maps regarding layouts, tickets and overall balance
  • Tweaks to soldier sprinting, as well as changes to soldier movement to increase the effect of momentum
  • Performance improvements in several weapons and vehicles
  • Fixed crashes caused by the UAV and German AT weapons
  • Countless other bug fixes and other tweaks and changes

For a complete and comprehensive list of all the changes and newly added features in PR:BF2 v0.96, please view the Project Reality: BF2 v0.96 changelog:

Project Reality: BF2 v0.96 Server Files
If you currently host a Project Reality game server, you should receive the server files for Project Reality: BF2 v0.96 via the Server Admin Control Panel in the next few days, prior to the final release. If you are interested in hosting a new server, please follow the link below to apply for a server license.

If you are in the market for a new game server to host Project Reality: BF2, look no further than PR's officially endorsed server provider, Alpha Networks. Alpha Networks provide Project Reality: BF2 game servers to the public at highly competitive prices, as well as dedicated servers, and first-class customer support.

In conclusion, the Project Reality team would like to extend the usual thanks. First and foremost, Alpha Networks, for providing the Project Reality development team with critical test and build servers. Without their support, PR:BF2 v0.96 would likely never have happened. We would also like to thank the entire PR community, the wider Battlefield 2 news community and last (but certainty not least!) the Black Sand Studio mod teams for playing and supporting Project Reality over the last 6 years.

- The Project Reality Team
« Last Edit: 12-07-2011, 20:07:51 by Zrix »

Offline [WaW]TC|Avrojet

• Server Admins
    • View Profile
    • World at War
« Reply #471 on: 13-07-2011, 00:07:21 »
Same Times exactly as FH2.4 release.
Couldn't they wait a bit longer?

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #472 on: 13-07-2011, 02:07:33 »
Would we? 

Hell no!

Looks like between the two releases my eye will be bleeding by the end of the night.
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline MaJ.P.Bouras

• Masterspammer
  • A Hellenic version of Jackie Chan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: 13-07-2011, 02:07:01 »
Lets see

11 hours FH2
11 hours PR
2 hours of sleep

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: 13-07-2011, 03:07:17 »
Lets see

11 hours FH2
11 hours PR
2 hours of sleep

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

12 Hours of FH2
12 Hours of PR

NO SLEEP EVA!!!!!!

your move lol

Offline blue

• View Profile
« Reply #475 on: 13-07-2011, 05:07:22 »
I have been eagerly awaiting the Vietnam portion of Project Reality. Another disappointment.

/sad trombone

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: 13-07-2011, 21:07:35 »
How about French Hope, they need some love too.

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #477 on: 13-07-2011, 21:07:51 »
I have been eagerly awaiting the Vietnam portion of Project Reality. Another disappointment.

/sad trombone
qft

Although I suspect that before PR:V is done, PR will reach 1.0 and PR:V will be ignored in favour of using the scant resources to develop standalone PR2.

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: 13-07-2011, 23:07:03 »
It would be  sad day when PR reaches 1.0.

And thanks for the reminder, i totally forgot about bfv again, will we ver see a release? Afterdune, i know your reading these forums!
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline AfterDune

• PR Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: 14-07-2011, 07:07:13 »
After v1.0, there will be a v1.1 - as long as developers are around willing to make new things, it'll just keep going.

I'm reading these forums almost every day, yes :p. PR:V is going very slow atm. I hope it gets more love after v0.96 is released.