Author Topic: Project Reality Mod  (Read 75712 times)

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Project Reality Mod v0.95
« Reply #450 on: 29-05-2011, 16:05:57 »
What I would like to know about PR is, if you guys think the UK Warfare server 128 player solution is going to work.
I've read up about that one and it looked nice if they can get it to work.

Basically it involves three servers, 2 server for players to logon and 1 server to sync communication between the two servers.
The best thing is that you 128 players tags possible and 128 player VIOP.
I really hope they can make it work and share their knowledge.

What do you think Arc_Shielder?

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Damecos

• View Profile
« Reply #451 on: 29-05-2011, 17:05:24 »
Won't know until they try, but the current (SISU) 128 player server has VOIP and I've read that the nametag issue could be fixed with a client patch.

Offline Arc_Shielder

• View Profile
« Reply #452 on: 29-05-2011, 17:05:15 »

Hard to comment on that. I'm not too sure what happened but my impression is that UKWF tested something in the past that went completely unnoticeable by most. Now with the 128p Test Server running they argue that the DEVs ignored a system that according to them is more stable. Not only that, but opened the hostilities by claiming that it was stealing players from all 64p servers and it was an unfair competition.
The result of this was 3 or 4 polemic threads, banned UKWF members + their testing and a limitation of the 128p SISU Server to 2 days a week (friday and saturday).

If it is feasible or not, I have no clue. I just researched dunem666 posts but I can't find the thread that explains their over 64p system. In case you did find, please link me to it.

The only thing I could find was this.

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10-pr-bf2-general-discussion/97630-windows-server-64-a-2.html

Offline Moose

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: 29-05-2011, 17:05:42 »
Never had a problem with PR as long as I play it with like 5 friends, so we just make our own squad and people leave us alone.

It works quite nicely.

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline Arc_Shielder

• View Profile
« Reply #455 on: 29-05-2011, 18:05:02 »
Help!
http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27-pr-bf2-support/95557-xp-shaders_client.html

Hmm, if you reinstalled PB manually and it didn't work, then you should try to reinstall PR. If you done that also, then I have no clue what's going on. Try all possibilities even if they sound unlikely, in this case try to uninstall FH2 and see if it works. Or uninstall everything, reboot, install BF2 first (obviously) and then PR and test it.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: 29-05-2011, 18:05:16 »

Hard to comment on that. I'm not too sure what happened but my impression is that UKWF tested something in the past that went completely unnoticeable by most. Now with the 128p Test Server running they argue that the DEVs ignored a system that according to them is more stable. Not only that, but opened the hostilities by claiming that it was stealing players from all 64p servers and it was an unfair competition.
The result of this was 3 or 4 polemic threads, banned UKWF members + their testing and a limitation of the 128p SISU Server to 2 days a week (friday and saturday).

If it is feasible or not, I have no clue. I just researched dunem666 posts but I can't find the thread that explains their over 64p system. In case you did find, please link me to it.

The only thing I could find was this.

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10-pr-bf2-general-discussion/97630-windows-server-64-a-2.html

The explanation got removed, dunno why. Even if they are doing it out of spite I will still be most interested it the results.
I don't see PR sharing their own 128P code with other mods, because of the license system PR uses.

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #457 on: 29-05-2011, 19:05:27 »
afaik, once the code is bugfree, its gonna be released for free, so expect, vanilla, fh2,pr,etc to have 128 players

Offline Arc_Shielder

• View Profile
« Reply #458 on: 29-05-2011, 19:05:58 »
The explanation got removed, dunno why. Even if they are doing it out of spite I will still be most interested it the results.
I don't see PR sharing their own 128P code with other mods, because of the license system PR uses.

Honestly, I doubt PR will and it's a thin moral line that stops me from crossing to one side or the other. I see no issues in sharing such a code with FH2 community, but it can be a big deal when talking about the vanilla one. It would attract more players to PR and extend its lifespan, kind of like a "last gift" sort of thing while they focus most of their efforts in Arma II.
Speaking of which, there was a thing going on at the BIS forum weeks ago. Some Arma II communities felt threatened and questioned PR DEVs to why they're not sharing their work at any shape or form. But in this case, it's just to avoid alot of PvP nuissance that you find in Arma II. The DEVs are totally right about this if they want to revolutionize the way PvP is played in that plaftorm, among other things.

Still is fair to say that PR seems to be gathering more and more resources and are not dependent of other mod teams. It is working, regardless if people like or not. So yeah, I highly doubt they will handle the code just like that.

But imagining that they do, how exactly would you solve it amongst you?
It seems to me that only one 128p server would be enough for the entire FH2 community and for that you need the 2 most famous server admins to share the costs. The UKWF suggestion for what I remember (and you posted) is even worse, since it involves 3 servers.

EDIT: I have no idea who is SiCaRiO in PR but if he posted a Project Normandy screenshot, then he's part of the team and you should rely on his post more than mine.
« Last Edit: 29-05-2011, 19:05:09 by Arc_Shielder »

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: 29-05-2011, 19:05:11 »
that Normandy screenshot was posted in the offtopic section of hte PR forums by a dev.

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #460 on: 29-05-2011, 19:05:54 »
afaik, once the code is bugfree, its gonna be released for free, so expect, vanilla, fh2,pr,etc to have 128 players

Got a source for that?  If true that is great news!
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #461 on: 29-05-2011, 19:05:10 »
not really, i read it in the PR thread of the server, weeks ago  ;D

Offline AfterDune

• PR Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: 29-05-2011, 19:05:30 »
Got a source for that?  If true that is great news!
This is most likely the case. 128p still needs a lot of testing and bugfixing.

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
« Reply #463 on: 29-05-2011, 20:05:32 »
Got a source for that?  If true that is great news!
This is most likely the case. 128p still needs a lot of testing and bugfixing.

if true then i will be extremely satisfied
http://i52.tinypic.com/245iq1l.jpg
My Day Begins When Your Days End

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #464 on: 29-05-2011, 22:05:31 »
Never had a problem with PR as long as I play it with like 5 friends, so we just make our own squad and people leave us alone.

It works quite nicely.
I remember years ago we used to play some PR with you, Aussen and some other guys who's name I forgot, my apologies. Good times.

I'll re-install with next version though, need some virtual friends.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."