Author Topic: Project Reality Mod  (Read 75514 times)

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
Re: Project Reality Mod v0.95
« Reply #435 on: 29-05-2011, 15:05:12 »

C) To wait in base for the said vehicle to be totally full of people or else I get kicked for driving off by myself.
That´s...uhm...the point of it. Why going on a solo mission when you can take your squad members with you?

Anyway, the map looks nice. The "China vs GB" scenario is pretty interesting!
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: 29-05-2011, 15:05:28 »
Wait for the helos! Helo pilots are usually nicer than drivers in PR.

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #437 on: 29-05-2011, 15:05:10 »
Oh but for that I'd need

A) A specific kit to drive an automobile as silly as it sounds
B) A vehicle to drive that the "driver's license" kit suits for
C) To wait in base for the said vehicle to be totally full of people or else I get kicked for driving off by myself.

nope, you just need a squad that calls you a transport, and the letter E on your keyboard ^^

Offline Damecos

• View Profile
« Reply #438 on: 29-05-2011, 15:05:57 »
Also, Jeeps and trucks don't require crewman kits. Not that it isn't easy to just request one next to armor.

With 128 player servers there should be more on the maps and/or with faster spawn times as well.
« Last Edit: 29-05-2011, 15:05:21 by Damecos »

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: 29-05-2011, 15:05:05 »

That´s...uhm...the point of it. Why going on a solo mission when you can take your squad members with you?

Point is to sit around and wait for people to spawn at the main when I could accompany them at the "front" far faster? Now if they would be all dead, I'd understand that they would appreciate a lift, but if they are already far away, the fuck would I wait for anyone if I still want to play with my squad and get back into the game as fast as possible? Sure, I can wait. Thats pretty much everything I do in that mod anyway, just wait.

On a final note: I really dont care however you respond to this. I dont even play PR. I cant even remember when I played it the last time. Not my type of a mod.

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #440 on: 29-05-2011, 15:05:30 »
your are manning a transport truck, your job is to transport ;)

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: 29-05-2011, 15:05:05 »
So in the end, I would end up walking.  :P

I have no problem transporting people. I have a problem if I have to wait most of the round to get people that Im supposed to transport, when I could just use the transport for my own transportation back to my squad members, which btw is supposed to be "the way" how to play PR. But if I need to carry people all over the map, then I end up walking if I want to reach my mates asap.
« Last Edit: 29-05-2011, 15:05:50 by Flippy Warbear »

Offline Arc_Shielder

• View Profile
« Reply #442 on: 29-05-2011, 15:05:30 »
Oh but for that I'd need

A) A specific kit to drive an automobile as silly as it sounds
B) A vehicle to drive that the "driver's license" kit suits for

While some of those points make little sense when knowing what is the concept of the mod (APC and Tanks are automobiles???), but AASv.4 will be released in the next patch. Meaning that objectives will be more streamlined than before, so no worries about the team being stretched in polar opposites of the map anymore. Not to mention the incoming 128p system.

Point is to sit around and wait for people to spawn at the main when I could accompany them at the "front" far faster? Now if they would be all dead, I'd understand that they would appreciate a lift, but if they are already far away, the fuck would I wait for anyone if I still want to play with my squad and get back into the game as fast as possible? Sure, I can wait. Thats pretty much everything I do in that mod anyway, just wait.

I think you're talking about soloing assets still. If you're going to take a jeep or transport truck and then leave it at Judah's ass (portuguese term ;D) then ofc you're not doing a favour to your team. Unless you leave it around a FOB or the SL will actually give use to it later on.

Why the "crewman" kits reference though? What does that have to do with using light transport vehicles?

On a final note: I really dont care however you respond to this. I dont even play PR. I cant even remember when I played it the last time. Not my type of a mod.

Oh ok, that explains the ignorance about the subject then.

Offline Damecos

• View Profile
« Reply #443 on: 29-05-2011, 16:05:24 »
There's nothing wrong with taking transport to your squad or a forward position. Also, Jeeps and Trucks are usually used by squads for their own purposes rather than dedicated team transport (typically done by APCs and Helos).

The mod has likely changed a lot since you last played.

It's kind of like judging FH2 2.3 (or 2.4 when it's released) having only played 2.0.
« Last Edit: 29-05-2011, 16:05:08 by Damecos »

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #444 on: 29-05-2011, 16:05:48 »
So in the end, I would end up walking.  :P

I have no problem transporting people. I have a problem if I have to wait most of the round to get people that Im supposed to transport, when I could just use the transport for my own transportation back to my squad members, which btw is supposed to be "the way" how to play PR. But if I need to carry people all over the map, then I end up walking if I want to reach my mates asap.

you have two options:

-reach your squad or
-transport people

if you wanna do the first, ask your SL to inform one of the many transport vehicles in play to pick you and transport you to the destination, OR grab a hummve (not a transport truck, they are used to do logistic dutys, thats why people get mad when they are ditched without reason). if you wanna do the second, then use a transport truck and use it to move people around the map.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: 29-05-2011, 16:05:38 »
There's nothing wrong with taking transport to your squad or a forward position.

Thats what I thought! But all these elitist PR'ers get a sore ass about it and throw in the ignorance-card, simply for the fact that I rather play with my squadmates than:

A) Walk for several minutes and lose valuable playing time
B) Wait for team members to man the truck/jeep/whatever light vehicle so I can then start doing the taxi route for them and maybe after that get to my intended location

I've been kicked from squads, and then from the server, because I was on my way to my squad from the other side of the map as there were no rally points or forward spawns. No vehicles at the main base and our helium voiced SL was screaming at me for not being there and if I wouldnt get there asap, he'd kick me. Which he did. So you must understand I have a very bad taste in my mouth about PR and its playerbase. Few bad apples have ruined it for me to the point that it just grinds me the wrong way.

I am nowadays too adjusted to the FH2 mentality in which transports are less valuable and maps arent so goddamn big you need to re-schedule your day in order to play the damn game. :/

Offline Damecos

• View Profile
« Reply #446 on: 29-05-2011, 16:05:52 »
Sounds like the problem (apart from them being dicks) was a lack of communication, for some reason they thought you were being wasteful or clueless despite your honorable intentions.

The same thing happened to one of my friends that I briefly got into PR, he wasn't happy either. When it happens to me I usually just shrug it off and find another squad/server or take a break from it.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: 29-05-2011, 16:05:24 »
Despite the fact I use VoIP and chat's when I need to. And unfortunately, this hasnt been the only time I have had very bad experiences with "fellow" players in PR.

Offline Arc_Shielder

• View Profile
« Reply #448 on: 29-05-2011, 16:05:04 »
Thats what I thought! But all these elitist PR'ers get a sore ass about it and throw in the ignorance-card, simply for the fact that I rather play with my squadmates than:

A) Walk for several minutes and lose valuable playing time
B) Wait for team members to man the truck/jeep/whatever light vehicle so I can then start doing the taxi route for them and maybe after that get to my intended location

Well, it is wise to not comment on things I know little to nothing. Yourself referred that, so it is ignorant to presume things and clearly underline the use of crewman kits that are only for armored vehicles. It was not meant to be insulting - specific to a subject, not your overall person.

A) You have plenty of time, rounds can end up to 3 hours. There is no rush mentality to look for unless an important flag is being capped by the enemy. Still, hurting the team because of one member is not the way to go for.

B) Yourself spoke of this like it's a time-wasting thing in a previous post. It all comes down to patience, you either have it or you don't - which relies on "it's not my cup of tea".

I've been kicked from squads, and then from the server, because I was on my way to my squad from the other side of the map as there were no rally points or forward spawns. No vehicles at the main base and our helium voiced SL was screaming at me for not being there and if I wouldnt get there asap, he'd kick me. Which he did. So you must understand I have a very bad taste in my mouth about PR and its playerbase. Few bad apples have ruined it for me to the point that it just grinds me the wrong way.

I am nowadays too adjusted to the FH2 mentality in which transports are less valuable and maps arent so goddamn big you need to re-schedule your day in order to play the damn game. :/

Sorry to read that. I don't know the other side of the story, but nevertheless you shouldn't let those few rotten apples disturb you. As I pointed out before, a few servers have dickhead admins.

And it is true that in order to play PR you need re-schedule your life if you have a busy one at that. If you need some friendly experience for once, let me know. ;)

« Last Edit: 29-05-2011, 16:05:56 by Arc_Shielder »

Offline Damecos

• View Profile
« Reply #449 on: 29-05-2011, 16:05:01 »
I understand why you got a poor impression of the playerbase. Personally I try not to let the bad player experiences ruin the whole mod for me as I know there are good experiences as well that are unique to PR.

There are community problems with all online games, they probably stand out in PR more because it's especially reliant on teamwork.