Author Topic: Project Reality Mod  (Read 75664 times)

Offline Damecos

• View Profile
Re: Project Reality Mod v0.95
« Reply #420 on: 29-05-2011, 13:05:03 »
Paavopesusieni

You said most PR squads are stupid, in my view that is a blatant generalization. A false, unfair and offensive one.

No one said you can't express your opinion, I merely suggest that you avoid such generalizations as they are ignorant and only detrimental to relations between FH2 and PR.

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #421 on: 29-05-2011, 13:05:58 »
no, its detrimental to relations between PR and Paavopesusieni. and i kinda agree, no matter where i go there is a fuckton of 14year-old-i-know-everything-about-guns'n'shit-and-the-army-cause-i-play-PR-and-CoD-fanatic-squads, that kick you if fire a Fcking blind round because they think they are freakin special forces but really only fail when they use 30minutes of proning just to get blown up and try to play a "real" military squad when they dont what the Fck its about and how you do it.

/rage mode off
« Last Edit: 29-05-2011, 13:05:50 by Sn00x »

Offline Arc_Shielder

• View Profile
« Reply #422 on: 29-05-2011, 13:05:25 »

You are actually one of the flamers in this thread that Damecos is talking about.

Am I? So ain't allowed to say my opinion about some matter because it's not about how super good PR is?

This thread is about PR, I haven't said PR sucks or anything just told my opinion about one thing in the mod and you all start flaming me that I whine and talk shit about PR.

Also I don't have to like the mod to be allowed to post in the thread in FH2 forums about PR and opinions about it. "Fanboy" comments don't give accurate picture about the mods to new players, so it's good to have different opinions of different people.

I haven't flamed or said that PR sucks, just stated my opinion that lonewolfing does work in PR, is it a good thing or bad thing? That is decided by the reader of the comment. So please don't start flaming me for not saying PR is worlds best team playing game and praise it all the time.

I just give accurate opinion about lonewolfing not flaming, trolling or talking shit about other mods. Assholes.

Your accurate opinion is playing PR like it's FH2, completely ignoring the different in-game concept of both and then underline how stupid PR squads are.

See anything wrong there? That's right, it's you trolling. Actually, you're what is called the "victimized troll".

So longer will I feed you.
« Last Edit: 29-05-2011, 14:05:31 by Arc_Shielder »

Offline Ciupita

• Gay Lord
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: 29-05-2011, 14:05:34 »
I've played PR a lot without a mic... No problems. Even not in teamplay squad. Only problem has been in other player's attitudes. I play usually as medic or marksman/sniper. Sometimes I use A10 if it's available.

Trust me, especially if you're going CAS or support a mic (in combo with mumble) will boost both your performance and your fun.

Install mumble, make it work and play some evenings on NwA server. Then you will have some rounds you will never forget. I've played FH2 about as much but although it most of the time is more fun, PR certainly has more epic moments you will remember.

I have mumble. I just don't speak.

Offline Zrix

• View Profile
« Reply #424 on: 29-05-2011, 14:05:53 »

But really. This is a thread about a great BF2 mod on the forums of another great BF2 mod. Lets discuss the mod without turning hostile or personal?

On topic of PR, here is a dev blog showing what one of the upcoming 4km maps would look like with no fog. Pretty cool.

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/blogs/12510/b281-epic-view-distance-epic.html

« Last Edit: 29-05-2011, 14:05:31 by Zrix »

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: 29-05-2011, 14:05:43 »
no, its detrimental to relations between PR and Paavopesusieni. and i kinda agree, no matter where i go there is a fuckton of 14year-old-i-know-everything-about-guns'n'shit-and-the-army-cause-i-play-PR-and-CoD-fanatic-squads, that kick you if fire a Fcking blind round because they think they are freakin special forces but really only fail when they use 30minutes of proning just to get blown up and try to play a "real" military squad when they dont what the Fck its about and how you do it.

/rage mode off

I kinda approve this.

I've played PR a lot without a mic... No problems. Even not in teamplay squad. Only problem has been in other player's attitudes. I play usually as medic or marksman/sniper. Sometimes I use A10 if it's available.

Trust me, especially if you're going CAS or support a mic (in combo with mumble) will boost both your performance and your fun.

Install mumble, make it work and play some evenings on NwA server. Then you will have some rounds you will never forget. I've played FH2 about as much but although it most of the time is more fun, PR certainly has more epic moments you will remember.

I have mumble. I just don't speak.

If you speak, all that military-wannabe nerdy boys will get slim and trim.  ;D

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: 29-05-2011, 14:05:02 »
The map looks cool. However, isn't this like the third afghanistan map with a river running through it and mountains on the side?

Offline Damecos

• View Profile
« Reply #427 on: 29-05-2011, 14:05:21 »
Any stories of good squad experiences?

The map looks cool. However, isn't this like the third afghanistan map with a river running through it and mountains on the side?
That's Shijia Valley, China

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: 29-05-2011, 14:05:15 »
Any stories of good squad experiences?

That's Shijia Valley, China

then I take it back. Come to think of it, I doubt afghanistan has any nuclear reactors either ;)

Offline Zrix

• View Profile
« Reply #429 on: 29-05-2011, 14:05:25 »

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/content/110-shijia-valley-exclusive-dev-interview.html

Offline Arc_Shielder

• View Profile
« Reply #430 on: 29-05-2011, 15:05:07 »

I have high expectations for that map. Everyone that tested it in TG told me that it will certainly be one of the best maps that PR has to offer.

Offline Mr_Cheese

• Developer
  • FH2 dev
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio Website
« Reply #431 on: 29-05-2011, 15:05:43 »
It certainly looks impressive!

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: 29-05-2011, 15:05:40 »
Ohhh the dozens and dozens of minutes of jogging through those woods, the joy!

Offline Damecos

• View Profile
« Reply #433 on: 29-05-2011, 15:05:51 »
Why jog when you can drive?  ;)

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: 29-05-2011, 15:05:14 »
Oh but for that I'd need

A) A specific kit to drive an automobile as silly as it sounds
B) A vehicle to drive that the "driver's license" kit suits for
C) To wait in base for the said vehicle to be totally full of people or else I get kicked for driving off by myself.