Author Topic: Project Reality Mod  (Read 75777 times)

Offline Timmay9/11

• Toff Opic
    • View Profile
Re: Project Reality Mod v0.9
« Reply #180 on: 09-04-2010, 13:04:43 »
Well, you're doing it wrong :)
You should never be lonewolfing away from your squad in the first place, it's designed to punish that kind of behavior. It kinda sounds like you just jumped between random lonewolf squads.

Well no I was not, but somehow my squad had no medic, so after getting shot I could only respawn in the base, at the other end of the map

BUT , I had yesterday a really great game,  it was just awesome how we worked together, walked aroud the enemy, hiding in the woods,  just to wait for the right moment to strike hard an bad! It reminded me so at my good times with OperationFlashpoint, but this time my mates where no stupid bots
It was such agreat game and even somehow thrilling when you and your squad hide because there is serous enemy armour approaching.   Later I formed with a Serbian guy a 2 man sqad, he showed me as a noob everything and later we operated an APC as a 2 man APC squad. It was really great, an the Serbian guy was funny as hell
There is only one thing I’m afraid of,  Nazi Zombies!!!
And remember Kids, never say these words on a nazi graveyard
ia ia cthulhu fhtagn ia ia nazi zombie fhtang

Offline Zrix

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 10-04-2010, 06:04:25 »
0.91 is out.  :)

Quote from: realitymod.com
The award winning Project Reality Studios and Black Sand Studio teams are proud to announce the official release of the Project Reality v0.91 Patch!

Over the past two months, we have been tediously combing through Project Reality v0.9, addressing any major issues and bugs which were introduced upon its release. With the help of our dedicated tester team and continued feedback from you, the community, multiple tweaks and alterations were performed that have greatly improved the overall game play and stability of the mod.

For those who preloaded the PR v0.91 release, the password required to unlock the installer is now avaliable and listed below. You can also obtain it on the official password page. Also, thanks to several direct link providers, there are several mirrors available to download the un-passworded version of Project Reality v0.91. You can also download via torrent, but you will still need to enter the password in order to install. You can find all of the download links here:

Download Project Reality v0.91 Here

Project Reality v0.91 Preload Password:
IjkBAXEKVCT0t3Owu4y2Svqe78Mp5WZsUQYRNmdH6zJG9arcLo

If you already have Project Reality v0.9 installed, you only need to download the PR v0.9 to v0.91 Patch. If you do not have Project Reality v0.9 installed, or you have an older version than v0.9, you will need to download Project Reality v0.91 Full, which is split into two separate parts, "Part 1 of 2" and "Part 2 of 2". You will need to download and install both in order to play PR v0.91. The installer will remove any previous versions of Project Reality automatically.

- Fixes and Changes
Project Reality v0.91 is primarily a "bug fix" release to correct issues which were introduced with the Project Reality v0.9 release. In this new patch, we have strived to fix and tweak as many aspects of the game as possible to creating the most realistic, team oriented, online gaming experience available on the PC. Here is a brief overview of the major fixes made:

• Fixed TOW/HJ8 crash for some people when entering.
  • Fixed Leopard 2A6 and Merkava HUDs having several graphic issues.
  • Fixed IDF using english voices in some maps.
  • Fixed spectator camera vehicle (prbot) crashing dedicated servers.
  • Enemies close to mapper placed rally points will expire them.
  • Forward Outposts can't be deployed too close to the edge of the map.
  • Lowered maximum number of TOWs per team from 3 to 2.
  • Medic kit requires 2 players in the squad to be requestable, instead of 4.
  • Rally Points rearm automatically 10 min after expiring. Skirmish gamemode it's still 2 min.
  • Updated various maps to help with performance issues.
  • Updated Deployable MG nests to have 4x zoom.
  • Losing a Forward Outpost will add a slow ticket bleed to the team on CnC.
  • The team has 5 min to rebuild a destroyed Forward Outpost before the bleed starts on CnC.
  • Forward Outposts must be deployed closer to the center of the map to inflict higher ticket bleed on the enemy on CnC.
  • Decreased tickets from 300 to 200 on Vehicle Warfare.

For a complete, comprehensive list of all the changes and tweaks made in PR v0.91, please view the following forum thread:

- Project Reality Mod Support
If you encounter any problems while installing and/or playing PR, please check out the Project Reality Mod Support forum. If your problem has not already been posted by someone else, please do not hesitate to start a new thread asking for help. We will do everything we can to provide you with a solution, but we can’t do anything if you don’t ask first!

- Project Reality v0.91 Server Files
If you currently host a Project Reality game server, you would have received the server files for Project Reality v0.91 via the Server Admin CP already. If you are interested in hosting a new Project Reality server, please follow the link below to apply for a server license.

If you are in the market for a new game server to host Project Reality, look no further than PR's officially endorsed server provider, Alpha Networks. Alpha Networks provides Project Reality game servers to the public at highly competitive prices, as well as dedicated servers and first-class customer support.

As always, the Project Reality Studios team would like to thank all of the supporting Battlefield 2 mod websites, server providers, and of course our dedicated community for all of their hard work and continued support. In particular, we want to extend a special thanks to the team over at Mod DB. They have been a huge help to Project Reality over the years and provide great support to not only PR, but the entire modding community. Your guys contributions and hard work have not gone unnoticed and are greatly appreciated!

Last, but certainly not least, we would like to thank Alpha Networks for providing critical test, build and Mumble servers. Project Reality would not be possible without their support.

We hope everyone enjoys Project Reality v0.91! See you on the battlefield!

- The Project Reality Team

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 10-04-2010, 19:04:35 »
Just downloaded
 ;D

Offline hankypanky

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 11-04-2010, 21:04:56 »
Is this the end of the .9 project sideshow debacle?
My ingame name is [PUG]mr.hanky1945

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 11-04-2010, 23:04:30 »
I was really disappointed on 0.9. Whole mod turned into crap. Now I install this new patch and it just crashes every 5 min. I really liked 0.8## but now I just want to puke when my friend asks me to play it  :-\.

Offline Desertfox

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 12-04-2010, 01:04:24 »
Apparently .91 fixes a lot of the bugs that .9 had. I'm happy about that, I had a few problems as well

Offline nephros

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 12-04-2010, 01:04:38 »
How about the planned PR vietnam, eh?  I'm very interested, but I'm afraid of the division of the player base with that and PR ARMA project on top of regular PR.  It may have the same negative effect on player numbers that competition between FH, FH2, and PR already create.  Just too much awesomeness to go around.

EDIT: Hmm, just found another whole thread on this. Nevermind  :P
« Last Edit: 12-04-2010, 02:04:43 by nephros »

Offline Desertfox

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 12-04-2010, 02:04:15 »
Well, there is a proposed integration of PR Vietnam/PR Vanilla, but we'll see how it goes

Offline hankypanky

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 13-04-2010, 17:04:11 »
Meh the game still lags for me, maps that played perfect like Fallujah West still lag. All they did was lower the view distance 100 m :( I haven't tried all the maps but that Silent something map plays nice now.

I have played PR since .8 but tbh I was really disappointed by .9. I feel now that the rounds are way too long and boring. Most of the maps have followed the Fouls Road tradition, long, boring, and hard on hardware. The new deviation is quiet nice :) Also the marksmen kit is great. However it doesn't save the game for me. I rarely play the game anymore, and when I do the only maps I like are the old ones. I actually had some fun on barracuda recently :)

I don't like this competition going on, I feel like all the mod teams should work together to improve BF2. However for me FH2>PR. BTW whats up with all this talk on the PR forums about how the FH2 team should give up all its assets, like EOD2 did? This has been going on for a while, people wanting FH2 and PR to merge. TBH I find its kinda insulting, FH2 is great as it is, and deserves to be its own mod. Just because FH2 has a smaller community doesn't mean its a failure.

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 13-04-2010, 17:04:37 »
what? where?? link please

Offline Smiles

• FH-Betatester
  • Boooo Auto-Spot! Booo
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 13-04-2010, 19:04:46 »
I believe someone mentioned it in the PR:V topic as in "what if".

I can play it without lag now, the easiest thing to change atm worked for me:). I CTD a lot though, usually the first map loads fine, but when it ends i crash on loading the next map. Ill just play once in a while i guess.
I'm taking my own freedom
puttin' it in my song
singing loud and strong
proving all day long
I'm takin' my freedom
puttin' it in my stroll
I'll be hop-steppin' y'all
lettin' the joy unfold

Offline hankypanky

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 13-04-2010, 22:04:51 »

I can play it without lag now, the easiest thing to change atm worked for me:). I CTD a lot though, usually the first map loads fine, but when it ends i crash on loading the next map. Ill just play once in a while i guess.

Not to mention I see it a lot ingame, even before .9 tbh. Idk I just don't like the attitude of some PR players. However some of them are incredibly nice.

Offline Zeno

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 14-04-2010, 01:04:01 »
FH2 is great as it is, and deserves to be its own mod. Just because FH2 has a smaller community doesn't mean its a failure.

it should be the other way around! FH2 have so much more quality products than pr. their moddels are bad (most of them) and the maps are large but also lately i have been finding 4km quite boring, because earlier when you were tired of walking you jumped on a server with a 1 or 2 km map, but now it like 11 4km maps and ITS BOOOOOORING

Offline Desertfox

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 14-04-2010, 01:04:07 »

Not to mention I see it a lot ingame, even before .9 tbh. Idk I just don't like the attitude of some PR players. However some of them are incredibly nice.
You will find the same from some FH2 players, trust me. Both communities have elitist

Offline hankypanky

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 14-04-2010, 03:04:44 »

You will find the same from some FH2 players, trust me. Both communities have elitist
True, however a lot of the FH2 community also plays PR. The elitism is much worse in PR then any other game I have ever played. People very openly talk shit about FH2, here people are simply more reasonable. For a matter of fact a lot of people, like your self defend PR (which is the reasonable thing to do). PR is the only game where I have actually gotten yelled at in. I actually made a topic about it once in the PR forums. I love FH2, as long as your trying nobody gets mad if you lose assets.