Forgotten Hope 2 > Suggestions

Chinese Civil War

(1/3) > >>

Emperor Showa:
This was of course a key situation that did overlap the World War 2 and the Pacific war. So I ask, though it may still remain far off (the Pacific theater's introduction, I mean), will we see it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Civil_War

[130.Pz]S.Tiemann:
That will probably never happen, there are so many more important fronts to do first. It would be interesting but id rather see the eastern front, italy, early war ect. first.

azreal:
Yea, I'd rather see the Ostfront, a complete Western Front, and the main battles of the Pacific front. Plus:

--- Quote ---Full-scale fighting lasted from April 1927 to December 1936, and clashes from January 1941 resuming full conflict from August 1945 to May 1950; war declared over by the ROC in 1991; [1] no Peace Treaty has been signed between the two sides.
--- End quote ---

The only part that seems to overlap WWII would be small clashes in 1941 between Chinese. Sounds kinda boring to me.

Emperor Showa:

--- Quote from: azreal on 01-04-2009, 23:04:30 ---Yea, I'd rather see the Ostfront, a complete Western Front, and the main battles of the Pacific front. Plus:

--- Quote ---Full-scale fighting lasted from April 1927 to December 1936, and clashes from January 1941 resuming full conflict from August 1945 to May 1950; war declared over by the ROC in 1991; [1] no Peace Treaty has been signed between the two sides.
--- End quote ---

The only part that seems to overlap WWII would be small clashes in 1941 between Chinese. Sounds kinda boring to me.

--- End quote ---

Well you do have the option of going up to the 1949 end too. The tech and era feeling was basically the same.

(I'll just state I'm not a fan of the Eastern Front because of how it often looks in games. Though don't get me wrong, I understand doing the actual WW2 things before any proxy situations or situations that were in the World War but less of a thing the mod teams wishes to focus on).

Safe-Keeper:
China as a nation is something I've asked for before and still hope to see. I don't anticipate a scenario where the KMT fights the Communists, but a China vs. Japan map or two would be really nice to have. China is a 'forgotten front' amidst all the cliche maps like Omaha Beach, Stalingrad, Iwo Jima and whatnot, and I hope it's included when the time comes for the Pacific Theatre.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version