Announcements > Developer Blogs

Firing Range

(1/3) > >>

Ts4EVER:
Ever wanted to try out where exactly you need to shoot each version of the Panther to blow it up?

Ever heard about a really rare weapon, only talked about in hushed tones, but were never able to find it?

Always wanted to try flying, but were afraid to make an ass of yourself on the server?

Ever thought: "I bet the devs coded the tanks of my favorite nation wrong, but I can't prove it!"

Well fret no longer, because Forgotten Hope 2.5 will include for the first time a public version of "Firing Range", one of our internal test maps. The map comes in three versions: Eastern Front (64), Late Western Front (32) and Early War and Africa (16). It includes all officially released equipment (vehicles, hand weapons and airplanes) and areas to test them, including a firing range with target dummies and hilly terrain to test climbing abilities.

Note: I hope it goes without saying that admins should not put this into the public server rotation. It might actually not run on lower end systems due to the amounts of textures loaded. In fact it loads so many that the editor crashes if you try to run it in there.

It also includes a small area with Eastern Front city statics to look at.

This means you can complain about the mod's balance even more accurately! ... Come to think of it, this might have been a mistake...

Oberst_Kroenen:
Thats awesome! Ive been thinking of suggesting something like that for some time but i guess there was no need after all. Cant wait to fool around it and test different toys in there  ;D

GeoPat:
That's great!  We can test all of the unofficial content too.  Might have to make a naval gun range as well.

TASSER:
This is awesome!!! What a treat!

Oberst:
Wow, really nice!

I am guessing the vehicles are not teamlocked on this one?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version