Announcements > Developer Blogs

The road to Prokhorovka New Update

<< < (2/50) > >>

hyperanthropos:
God dammit I am so exited now! Thanks for sharing a devekopnment process of a map with us and ecpacially THIS map, awesome!
I keep appreciating FH more and more for those little things and since we get to know how much work and research is being put into a map I have evven more respect for all the devs.

Easy Eight:
Awesome, looks a lot like the FH1 map. :)

ajappat:
Looks like aberdeen. harharhar

VonMudra:
My main and only hope is that the map will represent the actual conditions of the battle, which was rainy, overcast, and muddy. :)  Not at all swirling dust and heat like the myth goes:

--- Quote ---Myth #5: The weather at Prokhorovka was clear and dry.  Most popular accounts of the battle at Prokhorovka feature swirling tank battles kicking up enormous clouds of dust.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  We already know that there were no swirling tanks battles at point blank range.  Nor was there dust.  The ground was waterlogged, and the weather during the battle featured occasional thunderstorms.  According to the reports of LSSAH, July 9th was "dreary and rainy" and July 10th featured "heavy showers which hampered [the] division's movements".  For July 11 and 12, the division reported that there were "heavy downpours which severely hampered combat operations" and that the roads were "in very poor shape".  These are hardly the conditions that would allow for huge clouds of dust to be kicked up!
--- End quote ---

Also, no Panthers!  There were none in the southern sector.  Same for the Elefant! Refer here for more great info:

http://www.uni.edu/~licari/citadel.htm

RommelBr:
Hoping to be a exellent EF map, FOR MOTHER RUSSIA!! ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version