Announcements > Developer Blogs

Schadenfreude is the best Freude

(1/9) > >>

Ts4EVER:
Schadenfreude is the best Freude

There is nothing more satisfying than blowing up something that belongs to somebody else. Because of that time honored principle, we are proud to announce:

Objective mode

Devotees might remember that there actually already is an objective mode in FH2. However, it is never played, which is why the game mode was redesigned by Natty. The new objective mode is similar to sector push: The attacking team needs to blow up all targets in one sector to unlock the next. Objectives can be anything from radios over aa guns to parked tanks. They are marked on the minimap with a yellow star. If a sector is still locked, the objectives can not be blown up. There is a short delay before the new objectives spawn, giving the defending team time to set up their positions and making back sneaking very hard. As always, the attackers have to destroy all objectives to stop the bleed.

Operation Hyacinth

This was the original objective map, so naturally the new game mode was applied to it by Natty, alongside tons of other improvements.

The airfield is the first sector: Several Italian planes are just waiting to be blown up or machine gunned by SAS raiding parties.

In sectors 2 and 3 the objectives are Italian tanks and radio equipment.

Anctoville

This 2.25 map has been converted into an objective map, giving a whole new spin to its gameplay. Certain forum members will also be glad to hear that the British will now receive support from a Churchill tank.

In the first sector they will have to blast their way into the city, destroying several anti-tank barriers.

After that they have to go after anti air guns and radios before hitting the Germans where it really hurts: Their Panthers.

This new game mode will bring a totally new experience to FH2, combining the fast and aggressive gameplay of Sector Push with the joy of blowing things up. On both Anctoville and Hyacinth, Objective mode will be found in the 64 player layer, once 2.45 is released.

New tanks

Last but not least, here is a screenshot of the Sherman 105 that a member of the community requested. And because we are in a good mood, we will also throw in a Cromwell with 95mm gun.

pizzzaman:
Sweet!  :D

Darman:
That sounds awesome.
Like Bf3 Rush! and I love Bf3 Rush.

A pity that all these modes won't be playable in Coop because they could become my new favorites and I'd want to play them all day long. Well, at least the days Im at home. Damn weak AI.

But looking forward to the experience in MP.

ww2fighter20:
great news I love objective modes I hope we will see more in future maps.

Turkish007:
Whoa! :o Getting more and more excited about the next version!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version