Author Topic: Singleplayer in Forgotten Hope 2.5  (Read 42209 times)

Offline XtotheZ

• View Profile
Re: Singleplayer in Forgotten Hope 2.5
« Reply #30 on: 14-06-2016, 16:06:13 »
Not to mention that 2.5x patches change a lot on existing singleplayer maps and they're worth downloading ;)

Thanks a lot for answer. But the author of that topic says "All of these maps are to be played in COOP mode. Don't try Conquest or Singleplayer." Wich is not suits me because I wanted bots for Singleplayer.

And talking about 2.5x patches: on 2.48 ALL maps are working perfectly, but on 2.51 I started the first map aaaand... the game crashed. So for me, it's not worth it. Maybe it crashed because I used standart bf2.exe (then changed the game in Custom game menu and so on...) instead the FH2Launcher. But what's the difference? What is that launcher doing except downloading updates (wich I don't need because I always load a full-installer manually)? I started 2.48 with standart bf2.exe too and it works perfectly.
« Last Edit: 14-06-2016, 16:06:03 by XtotheZ »

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 14-06-2016, 16:06:19 »
And talking about 2.5x patches: on 2.48 ALL maps are working perfectly, but on 2.51 I started the first map aaaand... the game crashed. So for me, it's not worth it. Maybe it crashed because I used standart bf2.exe (then changed the game in Custom game menu and so on...) instead the FH2Launcher. But what's the difference? What is that launcher doing except downloading updates (wich I don't need because I always load a full-installer manually)? I started 2.48 with standart bf2.exe too and it works perfectly.
FH2 Launcher does many things besides downloading updates - it manages FH2-specific video and controls settings, provides a rather easy way to tweak bots numbers and skills for Singleplayer (see "Options", the first tab), and such small details like historically accurate squad names for this time period  (Able, Baker and so on) instead of the modern Alpha, Bravo, ... from vBF2. To a certain degree you may consider FH2 to be a separate game, not a mod for BF2, and launching FH2 via bf2.exe is not supported by us for a veeeeery long time. Not to mention that by skipping 2.5x patches you miss a lot of sweet changes - 15+ updated singpleplayer maps, fixes for some crashes, general AI improvements (see the first post in this thread). And by the way, you can turn off checks for updates in the launcher, if you want.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 14-06-2016, 18:06:58 »
Thanks a lot for answer. But the author of that topic says "All of these maps are to be played in COOP mode. Don't try Conquest or Singleplayer." Wich is not suits me because I wanted bots for Singleplayer.
They are almost identical too be honest. You can play COOP just like your regular singeplayer map ;)

Offline XtotheZ

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 14-06-2016, 19:06:09 »
Thanks for the answers, guys. I'll surely try the launcher and thing (but after the release of version, that will have official bot support for all Eastern front :D ).
« Last Edit: 14-06-2016, 21:06:12 by XtotheZ »

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 14-06-2016, 19:06:13 »
that not gonna happen soon I'm afraid  ;)

Offline XtotheZ

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 14-06-2016, 21:06:01 »
that not gonna happen soon I'm afraid  ;)
Why?

Anyway, I'll be patient.  ;D
« Last Edit: 14-06-2016, 22:06:49 by XtotheZ »

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #36 on: 14-06-2016, 22:06:31 »
Current russian front coop maps were produced independently. Navmesh (ai bot stuff) has to be produced after a map is finalised. Official multiplayer maps may still be in flux so the coop has to wait. At least that's the usual case.

Offline XtotheZ

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 14-06-2016, 23:06:57 »
Thanks a lot for answer.  :)

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 16-06-2016, 09:06:24 »
Guys, the first post in this thread was just updated with a description of the singleplayer/coop changes you will see in FH 2.52.

Offline Oberst_Kroenen

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 16-06-2016, 10:06:37 »
Nice new updates for SP.

Somewhat decreased deadliness of the airplane bombs in the hands of AI (there is still room for improvement here).

Does that mean that the AI will bomb me like... less frequently? Cause i cant drive 3 mins with a tank on some maps without getting an airplane over my head bombing me

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 16-06-2016, 11:06:07 »
It's like this: before something like 90-95 in 100 bombs killed the target, now it will be more like 80. Will try to do more to fix that. For now, bailing out of the tank when you hear them coming is still the best tactic.

Offline XtotheZ

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 16-06-2016, 16:06:27 »
situations like the American team capturing all flags on Meuse River in something like 5 minutes while half of the German armor freezing in traffic jams at the bridges on their side of the map

So that is why I don't like forest/village maps, now I understand.  ;D

Offline Oberst_Kroenen

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 16-06-2016, 20:06:01 »
For now, bailing out of the tank when you hear them coming is still the best tactic.

Yep, ive been doing that but when another bot is in the tank even that doesnt work. But oh well 80 out of 100 i still beter than 90 out 100 even if just a little

Offline Michael Z Freeman

• The Few are many ;)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #43 on: 25-06-2016, 21:06:03 »
Been playing the new release. Great as always ! 8) ... One thing I wondered though is about Port en Bessin. Is it normal that the German ticket loss goes down very slowly even when all points apart from the last one nearest the German base have been captured ? Or is that normal for push mode ? After fighting well taking most of the map I felt like I was being punished for doing the right thing, but been a while since I played push mode.

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 02-07-2016, 14:07:54 »
Wait, in FH2 most of the maps with one of the teams or even both having no uncappable main base are played along the "fight your way through the whole map and capture the last flag" scenario. I think the "German ticket loss going down very slowly" was actually the natural ticket loss through them being killed, because, as far as I can tell, the German team bleeds on PeB only when they lose every flag, and the bleed is really fast - 1000 tickets per minute. Unless the map is bugged, of course...