Author Topic: Few additions.  (Read 7097 times)

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
Re: Few additions.
« Reply #30 on: 12-10-2009, 20:10:09 »
Who needs a Jagdpanther when you can have a Jagdtiger ;)
Who needs a Jagdanything when you can have a Maus?

Who needs a Maus when you can have a Jagdmaus?

Offline SirGutz

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 12-10-2009, 20:10:03 »

For late Maps ?

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 12-10-2009, 20:10:07 »
Who needs a Jagdpanther when you can have a Jagdtiger ;)

The Jagdtiger was a bad tank, it was just Hitler's ego for super tanks and was often seen in repair than in combat. They were only used in defence positions, plus the massive muzzle flash gave the position away inmediately and have slower rate of fire and of course slower as hell. I prefer just 2 tanks over this error the Jagdpanther a very effective tank killer with good slopped armor of 140mm and the Tiger 2 8.8 gun and the highly effective Panther hull and the Ferdinand, Porsche Tiger hull, 8,8 cm PaK 43 gun and have a 200mm of frontal armor making it a monster capable of destroying heavy IS-2 tanks.

still hate SS Avatares

I dont get what people have against the SS, apart from war attrocities that were still commited by both sides, like the soviets; and the americans have worst than germans Malmedy massacre, in killing POW's. I really dont like history inaccuracy, and people censuring history, The Waffen SS happened, it doesnt even need to be in the game to straight lines in the collars of german players, thats why I modified my files to have a Waffen SS genuine collar in german players.

Still deny that the Waffen SS pure combat divisions like the Leibstandarte, Das Reich and Wiking panzerdivisions; where highly trained and equipped to face any thread, is pretty ignorant in my eyes.

P.S: Not to insult anyone, is just my point of view; my grandfather fought in the Das Reich as a MG42 gunner.

Offline silian

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 12-10-2009, 20:10:08 »
Omaha, eh, I'm not so sure, as the 352 was actually rather well equipped.

The 352nd reinforced the units of the 716th already located at Omaha, who were subsequently placed under the command of the 352nd. For example the garrison of WN62 comprised 21 men of IR 726, 7 men of AR 352 and 7 men of GR 916.

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 12-10-2009, 20:10:28 »

The 352nd reinforced the units of the 716th already located at Omaha, who were subsequently placed under the command of the 352nd. For example the garrison of WN62 comprised 21 men of IR 726, 7 men of AR 352 and 7 men of GR 916.

Dont forget about Heinrich Severloh, the beast of Omaha. Killed around 2000 american GI's; Im just saying this because if Omaha is about to happen in the mod, the americans need to be highly vulnerable to machine gun fire, mortars and any other threat so they need more tickets than german defenders. I can imagine using the lafette MG42 and killing many toomy cookers :D

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 12-10-2009, 20:10:22 »

I can imagine using the lafette MG42 and killing many toomy cookers :D
I can't.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 12-10-2009, 21:10:42 »

Dont forget about Heinrich Severloh, the beast of Omaha. Killed around 2000 american GI's....

And didn't talk about it in grief for decades, coming out several years ago in shame of what he thought he had to do back then.

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 12-10-2009, 21:10:33 »

Dont forget about Heinrich Severloh, the beast of Omaha. Killed around 2000 american GI's....

And didn't talk about it in grief for decades, coming out several years ago in shame of what he thought he had to do back then.

I know that, Im just saying because the Omaha map of the mod needs to be highly mortal to US players, they will be running in the open, mg fire everywhere and just the tank traps offering some protection.

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 12-10-2009, 22:10:33 »
IIRC, A hetzer is in the game files already.  But it wasn't present on any of the current maps, so you won't see it yet.

Also, as had been said RO is an entirely different game on a different engine.  In BF2, you cannot disable a tank by shooting certain parts of it, because it works off a hitpoint system. The best you can do is have certain parts of the tank take more damage than other parts.

The Haftholladung has been suggested before and, as has been shown, even made by a fan modeler.  If that model is up to snuff, the FH2 Devs might incorporate it into the mod, or perhaps they will make their own version, who knows.  If it was used in any sufficient quantity, you can rest assured that it will find its way into the mod one way or another (for example, the Haftholladung was in the Forgotten Hope Secret Weapons minimod for FH1).

Welcome to the forums.  Don't lapse into noobishness and you should enjoy your stay here.  Beware that the SS thing is a touchy subject, so don't dwell on it, at least not until you establish a decent reputation.

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 12-10-2009, 22:10:45 »
IIRC, A hetzer is in the game files already.  But it wasn't present on any of the current maps, so you won't see it yet.

Also, as had been said RO is an entirely different game on a different engine.  In BF2, you cannot disable a tank by shooting certain parts of it, because it works off a hitpoint system. The best you can do is have certain parts of the tank take more damage than other parts.

The Haftholladung has been suggested before and, as has been shown, even made by a fan modeler.  If that model is up to snuff, the FH2 Devs might incorporate it into the mod, or perhaps they will make their own version, who knows.  If it was used in any sufficient quantity, you can rest assured that it will find its way into the mod one way or another (for example, the Haftholladung was in the Forgotten Hope Secret Weapons minimod for FH1).

Welcome to the forums.  Don't lapse into noobishness and you should enjoy your stay here.  Beware that the SS thing is a touchy subject, so don't dwell on it, at least not until you establish a decent reputation.

Thanks for the kind answer, I enjoy that the Hetzer is in the game files. Certainly we'll see that beauty soon in the mod. As for the magnetic mine, I hope the devs add that to the mod to replace the satchel charge that dont stick to anything, and will work like the C4 of BF2. Too bad that even as this stage DICE hasnt release the script code to mod completely the BF2 engine.

As for the SS, well Im entitled to my own opinions; I can imagine their uneasiness even if I was talking of soviet penal divisions.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 12-10-2009, 22:10:58 »

As for the SS, well Im entitled to my own opinions
As long as you understand, that you fancy a criminal organisation...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oradour-sur-Glane#Massacre
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Hresvelgr

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 12-10-2009, 22:10:21 »
still hate SS Avatares
Tell me about it...  ::)

Today on PDH there was a guy in my squad with the username "88DirlewangerSS". Kicked him as soon as I noticed he was in my squad. Sicko, most populated servers would've kicked him.

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 12-10-2009, 23:10:04 »
See?  Best not to wear your heart on your sleeve, at least, not until you have a better rep around here.  Otherwise, people will just jump to the conclusion that you're a Neo-Nazi Skinhead who eats babies and strangles kittens.  And we don't want that.  Even Von Mudra, a respected veteran on these forums, occasionally is accused of liking WW2 Germans a little too much (usually by Lobo, in his lovable comically harsh way that we all love him for [please don't whip me, Sir Lobo!]).

Anyway, like I said, it's a touchy subject.  Simply mentioning it instantly makes people's blood boil.  You are, of course, entitled to your own opinion, but from the previous two posts, you must realize it might be better to hold out on that particular discussion for a while.

Offline hslan.totaler_humbug

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • hslan
« Reply #43 on: 12-10-2009, 23:10:30 »
still hate SS Avatares

Today on PDH there was a guy in my squad with the username "88DirlewangerSS". Kicked him as soon as I noticed he was in my squad. Sicko, most populated servers would've kicked him.

Than you´re not playing on hslan. because we banned him allready  ;D .

To the SS: I won´t state my opinion, because it might be a bit harsh, but I just say, that you should be very carefull with historical relations in a WW2-game, also with a german community. And be even more carefull when joining a server, as some admin rather ban to much nazi´s as to few.
We need to be able, to throw Thermos out of Spotterplanes.

Offline Hresvelgr

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 12-10-2009, 23:10:54 »
still hate SS Avatares

Than you´re not playing on hslan. because we banned him allready  ;D .

To the SS: I won´t state my opinion, because it might be a bit harsh, but I just say, that you should be very carefull with historical relations in a WW2-game, also with a german community. And be even more carefull when joining a server, as some admin rather ban to much nazi´s as to few.
;D

That's why I always consider hslan to be the top FH2 server and most preferable. Well, that among other things, of course.