Author Topic: Operation Cobra 64  (Read 23225 times)

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Cobra 64
« Reply #180 on: 10-04-2014, 00:04:13 »
No changes to this map???
As you can see, unfortunately. I can't reveal internal stuff to you to give you the reason behind it (actually, the reason is lack of time but those things I won't mention caused it) but don't worry, since FH2 launcher was officialy announced today, you can expect some small patches soon which most likely will bring some updates for this map, AFAIK Operation Cobra has high priority on Gavrant's to-do list, and we have plenty of feedback to work with.
« Last Edit: 10-04-2014, 00:04:51 by jan_kurator »

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 10-04-2014, 17:04:19 »
Ok, good to hear at least that the changes are planned.

Offline Battlefieldfan45 (CroPanzer)

• Gebalte? Anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 18-04-2014, 00:04:19 »
Will there be a change in the number of time fuse HE shells avaliable for the FlaKs around the Airfield?

Playing WoT with ingame nick: CroPanzer

Offline caeno

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 14-05-2014, 12:05:03 »
Some thoughts to balance or atleast make the axis counter-attack have more chance on this map:

-I'd add one mobile AA gun for the axis from round start - axis would then have 2 mobile AA's to help them during the round and recover if and when they lose all flags. 2 mobile AA guns might actually make the allied pilots a bit more cautios when flying.
Currently, when I fly on allies I don't even think about axis AA guns... static guns are useless against pilots who know where they are and 1 mobile AA is easy to kill once spotted with 4 allied planes flying around.

-Move 1 FW190 spawn to mainbase, so the plane situation would be a stable 2 vs 4 planes.
Currently the 2 FW's on airfield are very easily destroyed on take off or the cap-recap airfield situation basicly means they will never even spawn - not on airfield and not in mainbase.

-If moving FW's is not an option - change the FW in mainbase to fighter bomber version with one bomb. Atleast then one FW could help a bit more during the axis counter-attack.

I've been flying a lot on this map and even though I've seen axis wins, most of the time the allies totally steamroll over the axis. Then it's just allied tanks and planes picking off everything 100 meters away from axis base - aside from the scorewhores, I bet many players would enjoy the map more, if the axis would have more of a chance to recover from all flags lost situation.

Offline Berkolok

• Desert maps sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 01-08-2014, 13:08:44 »
Allies have ;

+more armour
+more planes
+planes with bombs
+automatic rifles
+artillery
+bazooka

Axis have;

+panthers(until their planes destroy it)
+mg42
+sometimes teamwork?!
-not even single schrek or faust pick up kit
-bolt action rifles
-memorized aa  at positions

« Last Edit: 01-08-2014, 13:08:22 by Berkolok »

Offline Oberst

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 24-12-2014, 13:12:08 »
I think it is known that balance on this map is heavily favoring allies. They have - as stated before - an advantage in almost every regard. I don't think this map would need a heavy rework regarding flag layout and things like that, but some tweaks here and there would probably do it. I don't think all of those ideas I present are necessary or should be included at the same time, but maybe it gives one or the other idea to the mapper.

Axis counterattack: Once axis have been enclosed in their base in the south it is almost impossible to capture anything back, because axis have to fight the whole enemy air force, all tanks and even all the static emplacements. Furthermore the closest flag (farm) is closed due to sector push. This even limits the possibilities more.

Solutions/ideas:
- Open farm flag for counterattack. I know sector push was introduced to prevent back caps in the city right in the beginning, but obviously it made the situation worse for axis in late game.
- Add more bleed reeinforcements to axis (which only spawns, when the flags are ALL lost), to make a counterattack possible. Things like some more mobile AAs, some more tanks and planes.
- Or maybe make the allied air power go away once they captured all flags, so they won't respawn after they have been shot down. So fighting would shift towards mainly tanks in the counterattack.

Tank balance: This is obviously a tank heavy map, which is unique in the normandy setting, so keep it please. But definetly something needs to be done regarding tank fighting power of axis. Right now axis tanks face a large enemy air force (3 planes with bombs or rockets), a large number of tanks and spawnable bazookas.

Ideas:
- Give axis something to fight enemy tanks at range. I would even suggest to try a spawnable shreck for this map.
- more air defence. Give axis a second mobile flak vierling and for gods sake make the spawntimes shorter.
- shorter spawntimes for axis airforce?
- possible a FW with bombs? So allied tanks have to worry about air attack.
- exchange an 88 with shield with one without shield (AA version)
- removing bombs or rockets from one of the p47.
- pickup ranged AT kits on all flags?

EDIT: Did I mention, the allies have artillery?
« Last Edit: 24-12-2014, 14:12:05 by Oberst »

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 24-12-2014, 15:12:49 »
Extra flakvierling would be nice fireworks.

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 09-11-2015, 14:11:10 »
I'm quite disappointed hearing that there won't be any changes in the gameplay to this map. I don't demand big changes which would require much time, but only such minor changes which could improve balance on this map, like:
- giving spawn delay to Mustang with bomb (now it has 16 sec spawn)
- farmhouse out of push (it's quite weird now that Axis can't attack the closest flag to their main)
- maybe FW with bomb in the main when Axis loose airfield?
- reduce the spawn delay of FW which spawns in the base - they are worse than Mustangs and if Axis looses Airfield that means they are in trouble so they need fast reinforcements ;)

I think such small changes don't require much time and could have quite big impact on the gameplay, so I would really appreciate seeing them implemented in the upcoming patch! ;)

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 10-11-2015, 10:11:41 »
We will do something now, but only something small to deal with the worst problems listed.

The aim is to make a larger update for next release, which in our opinion the map really needs. And such update will not just be 'quick' or take a short time, it will take a fairly long time, and cover many aspects of the map.

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 10-11-2015, 14:11:59 »
Ok, but those changes suggested by me really don't require much work and they could really have nice impact for Axis side...

Offline gavrant

• (Almost) retired dev
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 08-02-2016, 14:02:47 »
2.5 changelog for Operation Cobra 64

• Now it takes thrice as long for one of the P-51 Mustangs to respawn.
  • One of the Fw 190 now respawns twice as fast.

Offline Berkolok

• Desert maps sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 25-02-2016, 11:02:37 »
seriously it still imba
add proper anti tank kit to germans
« Last Edit: 28-02-2016, 22:02:20 by Stubbfan »

Offline SadCamelion

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 25-02-2016, 14:02:41 »
seriously it still imba
add proper anti tank kit to germans
I like the rifle grenades much more than the panzerfaust.
I miss much more with it than with the grenades, especially when I play germany.
« Last Edit: 28-02-2016, 22:02:29 by Stubbfan »
There aren't enough Italian tanks.

Offline caeno

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 29-04-2017, 13:04:12 »
I'd just like to point out that the situation is still the same with the planes, mobile AA and axis counterattack.

Once the allies cap all flags, the axis have lost. For gameplay reasons, please give the axis ONE, just one mobile AA of any kind to help the counterattack. This map could be a lot more fun if the axis counterattack had a better chance of working.

I don't even want to play on the allied side, because it's so ridiculously easy to steamroll the axis airforce and tanks.

One more mobile AA for axis could help out and it surely wouldn't change the balance too much.

Offline Sandre

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 08-02-2018, 22:02:13 »
Oberst, Caeno and Berkolok are rigtht.

We play this now since the last patches and the germans cant win. Germans have no Panzerfausts, US Airforce spwans in 2 sec. etc etc.

Maybe the best is it to remove the crossed flags to give the germans more free space.