Author Topic: Operation Cobra 64  (Read 23223 times)

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Operation Cobra 64
« Reply #165 on: 18-09-2012, 13:09:41 »
so the germans have ruled the map in 2.4?
Where did you read that? All I'm saying is that 2.4 and 2.45 are incomparable (especially when it comes to this map), so you shouldn't quote stuff from previous versions. In 2.4 there wasn't even meant to be a German counterattack, so your point is moot.

When you let the Allies lose some planes in late game its independent from the players.
This isn't necessarily a good thing. I think players should be able to control a situation. In Nattys scenario the US only "controls" having four planes by not capping all flags (while, as we all know, capping flags is a primary target of the game). In Odiums scenario the Germans control where their AA is defending against the airplanes. I think mobile AA is indeed better than static AA, so it can cover the approach to the town better.

Maybe a mixed solution is best: US loses one plane and Germans get two mobile AA.

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 18-09-2012, 13:09:41 »
A mobile FlaK18 would be awesome as they are much better than the FlaK Vierling. The static 88s almost always get destroyed at the beginning of a round because most of the time an 88 shell on a Sherman is not a kill, a HE from his side or a P51 .50cal will almost always tear it apart. As it is widely known where the 88s are they are sometimes frustrating to use/repair.
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."

Offline Gunnerz

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 14-10-2012, 14:10:55 »
some more things

-Marder I is near useless against the shermans, might change one for a panther.
-The static flakvierling at the airfield is almost useless as it gets destroyed very easy, why not remove it and add a mobile flakvierling at the airfield.

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 14-10-2012, 15:10:42 »
-Marder I is near useless against the shermans, might change one for a panther.

Yes, what a solution! Instead of actually fixing the shit that's been broken, just remove all such assets and replace them with more powerful stuff...  ::)

-The static flakvierling at the airfield is almost useless as it gets destroyed very easy, why not remove it and add a mobile flakvierling at the airfield.

There already is a mobile Flak at the airfield. Germans get 3 fricking 190s and you want them to have Flak all over the place as well? Amazing.

Offline Gunnerz

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 14-10-2012, 16:10:56 »
If the devs are willing to change things.
Still a marder isnt a match for a sherman, and when the americans capture the airfield there are just 2 fw190s, wich do not have bombs.

::)
« Last Edit: 14-10-2012, 16:10:54 by Gunnerz »

Offline Cheesus Krighst

• Zi's Iz mein Flammenwerfer! And it Werfs Flammen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 22-10-2012, 04:10:53 »
Here's a suggestion, replace most of those Flak Vierlings with those fancy single barrel flak 38 guns.
Why would we downgrade to single barrel? Because those blasted Vierlings cant be shot for no more than 6 seconds before overheating. Along with that horrendous cloud of smoke that covers your view after firing.
No, the "tap mouse1 to compensate for overheating" isn't effective, definitely when the plane is bearing down on you and your buddies.

If im correct, the single flak 38's can fire almost 24/7 in this mod, excluding the reloading times. Which is extremely important for AA gunners.

Add a Flak 38 nest to the rear (West) of trainstation, near the tank spawns behind the station house. And replace the flak vierling in the Airfield with a Flak 38. There are so many flak vierlings in this map, its awkward.

Replace the AT flak 88 at main base with an AA flak 88. 5 AA shells arent able to sustain a protective barrier against aircraft for the armor to advance from main base.

Offline Gunnerz

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 08-11-2012, 19:11:19 »
Still i think that the germans dont have enough mobile flaks when they only have the 3 city flags left.
The americans can stop any counter attack and rape german armour with fighterbombers, especially when the germans lost all flags.

Also a flak 38 single barrel doesnt have enough stopping power, and you dont need to be able to fire for very long time if you score direct hits with the vierling.

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 15-11-2012, 23:11:32 »
I agree the Germans could use perhaps one more flak truck. Why are there no panzerfausts and panzerschreks on this map? There isn't a single one, whereas there are 12 panzerfausts vs. 1 Sherman on Lebisey? I say keep the German spawn a/t kit the fancy riflenade, but give them 4 x Panzerfaust 60 (Watermill, Farm, Trainstation, Airfield) and maybe 2 x Panzerschrek (Airfield, Church).
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 16-11-2012, 00:11:34 »
Of course Panzerfaust 60 would be aesome on this map,but I think there werent around at that time.
Those rifle nades against tanks are really useless and since the engeneer kit got catrated with the last patch the inf has an even harder stand on this map.

And I think you ment Port en Bessin in your post right? and no spawnable Faust against one Sherman is totally okay.

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 16-11-2012, 00:11:46 »
Sorry yes, I was just thinking of load music. Yeah, there are 12 fausts on Port-en-Bessin versus 1 Sherman, but no fausts or schreks on Cobra versus.. 12 enemy tanks? 13?

Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: 21-12-2012, 17:12:23 »
Well, I propose we switch the Marders for the new ones with the MG on top, maybe some anti-air MGs wouldn't be a bad idea.

Another thing, the SdKfz 7 on Crossroads is useless, might as well replace it with a kubel or a 251

The rest is fairly good, I've seen and done some nice counterattacks, ninja geballted Shermans (love the geballte buff) and the only thing that is really annoying are the planes, they literally tear new assholes in the German team. I am yet to see the FWs dominate the skies, or the AA to do its job.

I think another single barreled Fla is ok, or a shieldless 88 by the airfield. The trainstation is in desperate need of AA support. I suggest an MG18z in the grass field near the base or a pick up MG kit more, be it the 42 or the 18 with the double drum mag, just so there can be more lead flying in the air.

Oh and one more, remove the shield from the 88 in the mainbase, or replace it with lighter Flak, AKA Fla guns. Since the tanks can't shoot in the mainbase, and they rarely come within view distance, it would be more useful to make it AA only.
He was not wrong. Amateurs talk tactics, pros talk logistics.

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 21-12-2012, 18:12:11 »
I agree with PanzerKnacker, please replace those FlaKs with shield. It hinders you to attack planes effectively and gives you no advantage against enemy tanks which survive the first hit most of the time and kill you anyway after that.
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 21-12-2012, 19:12:31 »
I agree with the 88 comments, the Allied pilots all approach from an angle where you can't see them because of the shield. Quite useless.

I'm wondering if the Sector Push needs a tweak, or Farmhouse needs to be changed/moved. It works fine for the initial assault but as soon as the Germans are backed up in their main, it's simply too tempting for people to attack the nearest flag (Farmhouse), and then half them get booted for attacking an uncap. American tanks can sit at that flag and blast anything German that comes over the hill, safe from any retaliation.

I think it would be interesting to make the southern, smaller Allied main into a German flag at the start of the round. Make this flag + Watermill be the Sector Push locked flags, while Farmhouse becomes like Church, Airfield, Trainstation and Crossroads: cappable by both teams as soon as Watermill and the former Allied base are taken. That way, counter-attacks can go in more than one direction out of the German main.

One thing I feel is sorely missing is trenches. For a map entirely centered around a desperate German defense, there isn't a trench or a foxhole to be found. I think it would create a great battle to have some trenches near the Crossroads and Trainstation flag, and on the hills west of Watermill, as well as around the lake. This wooded area would become like a mini-Hurtgen Forest, giving the Germans a much needed extra defensive line. Americans would have to clear the "forest" out, they can't just blast down the road at full speed wit nothing to fear until they get to Farmhouse.
« Last Edit: 21-12-2012, 19:12:03 by Andrew »

Offline Berkolok

• Desert maps sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 06-01-2013, 21:01:50 »
give bomb to at least 1 axis aircraft

more aa shells to 88

more mobile aas to axis

moveable pak40s

this map would be perfect with those

Offline Mudzin

• View Profile