Author Topic: Operation Cobra 64  (Read 23289 times)

Offline Gunnerz

• View Profile
Re: Operation Cobra 64
« Reply #105 on: 15-06-2011, 20:06:07 »
Ok, but what if these tanks are somewhere near the town? Don't forget about US planes...

Yes the Germans could use more mobile AA.
Also more schreck, mortar and AT mine pickup kits are needed for the Germans.
But the German tanks where heavily outnumbered during Operation Cobra ( more than 12 to 1) so i dont think the Germans need more tanks.

« Last Edit: 15-06-2011, 22:06:00 by Gunnerz »

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 15-06-2011, 20:06:07 »
Mmm, it seems unavoidable. OK, here goes:

If German team gets pushed back into base having lost all the flags, they just played badly and they should lose the round.

Offline Ciupita

• Gay Lord
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 23-06-2011, 22:06:38 »
Mmm, it seems unavoidable. OK, here goes:

If German team gets pushed back into base having lost all the flags, they just played badly and they should lose the round.

Amen.

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 26-06-2011, 22:06:47 »
And that's how work most of the maps... You should play some tournament maps to notice some difference....

Offline Ciupita

• Gay Lord
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 05-07-2011, 15:07:59 »
And that's how work most of the maps... You should play some tournament maps to notice some difference....

I've played tournament maps and in tournaments. Other side always get steamrolled. Tournaments are more boring than pubby.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 26-07-2011, 17:07:31 »
yes yes and yes. You guys have covered most of the problems with this map in the last 3-4 pages of this thread.
gameplay overhaul WILL be done for next patch. Amen.

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 31-07-2011, 18:07:51 »
Found something REALLY unpleasant:

Offline EverettWV

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 01-08-2011, 03:08:27 »
Were you scrolling through your weapons list right as you changed kits? I've had the happen to me several times. Can also happen if you changed weapons right before entering a tank or other enterable things.

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 01-08-2011, 11:08:49 »
Nonono, the thing is, that the kit lying there on the ground is supposed to have M1A1 AT mines... but instead it has Composition B explosives!

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 01-08-2011, 16:08:39 »
All American AT mines were deleted from the mod and replaced by explosives due to a crash bug that coudl not be fixed.

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 27-08-2011, 09:08:52 »
Really? How could that bug only affact american but no brit or german mines  ???

Offline poisonshot

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 05-09-2011, 17:09:28 »
I think IMO that it is too hard for the axis to win this map. Now I understand a lot of it is the abilities of the German team but all the same;

The luftwaffe have no AT support, and their airfield is rather easily captured leaving them with no air support. Now they have a lot of AA so it's not a massive issue, but once you lose that flag it's a very rough road, between air bombardments, 105, and just random inf/armor it's near impossible to get more air power. Meanwhile the American air power is perfectly safe in their un-cap.

IMO the FW190s should spawn in the uncap, with a stuka on the airfield and maybe move the recon plane up as well. or mix/match somehow. The Americans have 3 fighters so I can't imagine a stuka overpowering the Germans.

Also at least the 88 on airfield is useless for AA because of the shield, I don't know if the other 88s have it as well but all the same.

Offline bjack

• in_ur_base, campin ur planez
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 12-09-2011, 07:09:00 »
Can we slightly lower the stone walls in the American northeast main base?  They are a half inch too high to jump over.  It's annoying to get stuck in a needless knee-high maze in a main base.  (trying to get between the airfield and the tanks)

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 12-09-2011, 08:09:06 »
IMO the FW190s should spawn in the uncap, with a stuka on the airfield and maybe move the recon plane up as well. or mix/match somehow. The Americans have 3 fighters so I can't imagine a stuka overpowering the Germans.

Also at least the 88 on airfield is useless for AA because of the shield, I don't know if the other 88s have it as well but all the same.
The 88's at Farmhouse and on the ridge west of it have gun shields as well, and IIRC the one in the NW corner has it too.

Stuka for Germans... surely you know that by 1944 there were very few Stukas in the West, and all of those in the nighttime
harassment squadrons because they would have been eaten alive in broad daylight? Even PHL, which historically had a single Stuka attack, does not have one. Would like to see a source indicating they were used during Cobra in the middle of the day before adding one.

Plus if the airfield is allowed to fall, the Germans deserve to lose their air support. A competent team can hold the forward flags indefinitely, so only a very sneaky ninja Jeep will get through then.

Offline im_a_lazy_sod

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 12-09-2011, 10:09:31 »
Yeah those shields make it very hard for AA support via the 88s

Also the 88 at German main needs more depression.  Was defending the main once and couldn't get some of the Allied M4s moving in from below the ridge and got taken out (twice!) until the Marder was able to deal with it once and I was able to repair it