Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 324898 times)

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile

Offline luftwaffe.be

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks
« Reply #4906 on: 21-01-2015, 21:01:15 »
already :o

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4907 on: 21-01-2015, 21:01:05 »
Funny thing about T28 HTC: Loader and gunner appear to be in those sponson MG's. I don't know how they operate gun from there and in fact they don't really, since they are dead half the time.

I'll never again complain about KV-5 R2D2  :-X

Offline Sander93

• View Profile
« Reply #4908 on: 21-01-2015, 22:01:13 »
Funny thing about T28 HTC: Loader and gunner appear to be in those sponson MG's. I don't know how they operate gun from there and in fact they don't really, since they are dead half the time.

Same thing for the gun turret on top of the AMX 50 Foch 155, if you get hit there the loader dies. Apparently he must be 3 meters tall to be loading the gun while having his head stuck in that cupola.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4909 on: 22-01-2015, 00:01:07 »
IM's suck.

Lots of clickers.

Offline Battlefieldfan45 (CroPanzer)

• Gebalte? Anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4910 on: 22-01-2015, 18:01:01 »
damn, that's fast!
I guess you're already half way through the T55 mission?  :P

IM's suck.

Lots of clickers.

Aren't we all clickers?  ;D

Playing WoT with ingame nick: CroPanzer

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4911 on: 22-01-2015, 19:01:18 »
T-55 missions are that tiny bit harder, that I have have finished like 6 missions so far. We started with platoon missions with 2 man platoon though, so that doesn't make things easier.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4912 on: 22-01-2015, 22:01:35 »

IM's suck.

Lots of clickers.

Aren't we all clickers?  ;D

Yes but I have to care about angles, aiming at weakspots, tactical positioning, moving around engaging new threats, etc, a clicker will just press shit and send 2k damage from his base to a poor unfortunate IS-3 that isn't even camping.

Arty is SO BADLY IMPLEMENTED!, it appears that the new kid, "Armored Warfare" has a similar system, I'll be damned!.

Offline Battlefieldfan45 (CroPanzer)

• Gebalte? Anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4913 on: 23-01-2015, 17:01:49 »
Well, I like to play arty from time to time, but you knwo it's not "CLICK TO WIN" way or easy dmg.
You do depend a LOT on the team, and most heavy hitting arties are bad at hitting anything.
I fail to see the problem with arty, I take it as a part of the game, and always did, it serves a purpose in the game, and I don't really see how would it be *better* to implement it otherwise.

It's an arcade-ish game, so I deal with it as one.

Playing WoT with ingame nick: CroPanzer

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4914 on: 23-01-2015, 19:01:42 »
It should a pure support asset, not a tank-hunter monster that can one-shot things from his own base.

Arty fails to hit? yes, but that is because of RNG. Arty depends on RNG, arty players must count on RNG to have good games. Tier 8+ arty is just broken, especially the US arties and the retarded Conqueror Gun Carrier. They have way too much splash, way too much damage AND they get normal MM, as if we needed T92s oneshotting Tier 8s.

It's not fair, arty does not promote fair play. It does not erase camping either, how many times I ended up hugging rocks because 3 arties on the other side wanted to nuke me?.

WG sucks at balancing, whoever is in charge of their balance department is either someone appointed there to fill in that spot or someone who never plays the game. Arty needs a massive reduction in damage, slight increase in splash and reload, sure it doesn't make much sense having 210mm guns doing 850 damage at most, but it doesn't make any sense either to have T92s sniping Obj140s at full speed for full hp...

The so-called "Big arty nerf" was a lie, sure they made it more RNG-dependant (RNG... it completely ruins the balance between bad players and good players) but they gave them normal MM, and that is the biggest mistake WG ever done in arty.

Arty shouldn't be removed either, in CWs 15 guys camping is pretty hard to beat, if your teams brings a Conq or a 261 firing AP you can slowly work on them and get your win, arty there works just fine, it's supporting, it's not hunting tanks, it's not focusing on their best players no matter if they are top tier E100s, RU251s at full speed or a 43hp IS-3...

I don't play arty that much, I have the tier 7 french arty but I can't be bothered to play such a boring class. To me sitting in the base clicking things is not fun, depending on RNG way too much just sucks, I'd rather be there at the front killing stuff.

Offline Sander93

• View Profile
« Reply #4915 on: 23-01-2015, 21:01:52 »
The whole concept of artillery in this game is retarded, in WWII artillery could barely hit a village and it has no place in a game shooting at tanks.

It was implemented as a solution to camping, but that completely backfired. Heavy artillery actually promotes safely camping behind solid objects. It's stupid, completely unrealistic, bad for gameplay, and there is no way it can ever be balanced.

What they should've done to counter camping instead was implementing smoke shells and smoke launchers, and exclude artillery from the game. Someone camping in their base? Launch a smoke shell into their face so they can't see anything while you flank around the chokepoint, instead of relying on artillery half the map away to magically snipe the guy.

Offline Kradovech

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4916 on: 26-01-2015, 22:01:00 »
I have been stuck on 2 missions for a couple of days, would appreciate some tips.

Light tank
LT-10: The ghost
Spot enemy vehicles and enable your allies to cause at least 1000 HP of damage to vehicles spotted by you. Remain unspotted at the moment when the damage is caused
I have been trying with tier 5 and 6 light tanks, a lot of failure. There are a couple of good maps with good hiding spots for spotting, that I know. However, these maps tend not to be in the roation, when I need them. Typical, I know. Also I think when multiple people are spotting the vehicle, i won't get the points - is this correct?

Artillery
SPG-15: War Gods
Be among top 3 players on your team by experience earned and damage caused.
Cause at least 2000HP of damage
Currently I have tier 8 and tier 10 SPG's available. Its getting quite frustrating - I am often in the top 3 by damage caused, sometimes even in the first place. However experience earned tends to place me much lower, best I have done during these days is 5th place. Do I need to go into tank destroyer/ scout mode or something? So far the easiest way seems to be to have my team lose badly, while I hit as many enemies as I can...

Any tips on either of those missions? What tier vehicles would be best?

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4917 on: 27-01-2015, 07:01:30 »
The problem with these missions is that you depend too much on luck. I'd platoon with an arty for the LT mission and see if he can land some shots into whatever you spot, I don't know.

I think for the SPG mission your best option would be to play Tier VII/VIII Arty as, IIRC, you get more exp by doing damage to tanks that are higher tiers. I was told once that the key to get Mastery Badges on arty is to failplatoon but always hit tanks that are outside your MM spread.

Blocky tanks are very fun. At last, WG did something that is not frustrating at all. In one day I was able to get a crew for the T110E5, with the standard 6th sense + Repairs / BiA. Will use the Foch thing to train a crew for the Batchat.

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4918 on: 28-01-2015, 16:01:07 »
Light tank
LT-10: The ghost
Spot enemy vehicles and enable your allies to cause at least 1000 HP of damage to vehicles spotted by you. Remain unspotted at the moment when the damage is caused

I don't think this is much about tank, but more about map. Almost any light tank will do, just fit binocs and camo net and wait for malinovka or prokhorovka. I recently did my T-55 ghost mission on live oaks though, getting 4,8k spot dmg. About 4k of that unseen. There's really no way around bad maps for this.

Edit: Obviously if people shooting see the target, you won't get anything, but if you share the spot with other scout, all damage is divided between spotters equally.

Artillery
SPG-15: War Gods
Be among top 3 players on your team by experience earned and damage caused.
Cause at least 2000HP of damage

Did stug mission wit M41 and T28 mission with M44. Loaded HEAT and it took like 5 tries both times.
« Last Edit: 28-01-2015, 16:01:45 by ajappat »

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile