Author Topic: Film Grain Removal  (Read 4344 times)

Offline CologneSky

• with FH since the very beginning! (FH 0.5b baby!)
    • View Profile
Re: Film Grain Removal
« Reply #30 on: 19-02-2013, 20:02:40 »
will punkbuster not take care of this?

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 20-02-2013, 03:02:25 »
The grain goes away if you set one of the graphic settings to medium. I've forgotten the one. I have it off, because I'm mainly playing on medium because my computer is not good enough for having both high graphics and recording at once. Would have preferred to have it on, but my FPS would have gone down in the twenties.

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 20-02-2013, 16:02:12 »
I don't understand how people can use such glitches for a free mod for a game from 2005 where we have almost zero competition. A little competition while playing is nice and fine, but please don't overdo it as it seems quite ridiciolous. We are not in ESL here.

The fun with the community members should be the priority.  ;)

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 20-02-2013, 18:02:05 »
Tell that the people on the servers, being more active in chat by flaming each other than being playing the game :/
I don't know why but some people even take public games super-serious and get mad very fast. Number 1 reason for the madness is that they get shot, could do better and get frustrated. I would not wonder if some of them are interested in glitches/cheats or similar, but I don't really care. I play my game and if others think they have to gain an unfair advantage, they can go ahead, the game is not personal enough to make me care about a few jerks of 100 players. I don't want to lead this thread into a different discussion, but the atmosphere on the servers is usually everything else than relaxed, because a bunch of people unfortunately is always mad about something, that's the way bigger issue.

Also I have to say that I feel a bit bad for being forced to play on a mix of low and medium settings. It has been a while since I played on my decent desktop pc where I was able to play at high settings, but I think on low/medium it's definitely a bit easier to see the enemy sometimes on short to midrange. I'm using a quite low resolution as well though and on long range I only see a very very tiny dot, which does not look like an enemy at all and I remember it was very hard to get used to that. So I'm just hoping I don't have any kind of advantage, my skill did not exponentially improve since I had to switch to low settings at least.

But what should be kept in mind is that there are a lot of players on the server, probably everyone with different settings, different screen, different equipment. There just won't be the 100% amount of fairness. That's something you just have to accept and deal with. Therefore I don't mind what others are doing, because it is a game and my fun does not get reduced by some graphic adjustment some people might intentionally use to have an advantage. THis won't make them doing much better. In the end it's the personal skill that makes you a good or bad player and not situational advantages causing one kill more in the list.

Offline Strat_84

• FH-Betatester
  • Lemming Chieftain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 20-02-2013, 21:02:26 »
It's always a pleasure to see how nice some people are around.

How do you dare calling people cheaters for removing effects that ruin their eyes ?  ::)

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 20-02-2013, 21:02:10 »
It's always a pleasure to see how nice some people are around.

How do you dare calling people cheaters for removing effects that ruin their eyes ?  ::)
if you bother to read this thread you would know that it's not the case (maybe it was in the beggining but not anymore)

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 20-02-2013, 21:02:40 »
Well, there are two types of people: People like me who are honestly having issues with the film grain for whatever reason. However, there are bastards who exploit the usage of modified shaders and therefore have an unfair advantage to other players.

Offline Strat_84

• FH-Betatester
  • Lemming Chieftain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 20-02-2013, 23:02:05 »
if you bother to read this thread you would know that it's not the case (maybe it was in the beggining but not anymore)
Yes, I certainly have no clue about this problem. After all, I use the alternate shader only since 2.4 was released ...

Really, what is the point in whining that some people might have an unfair advantage with this ? If you're really stupid enough to believe that, then use the effect-less shader as well and stop bothering us.

Then feel free to open another thread to whine that people playing with a high-end computer have an unfair advantage compared to people playing this with a laptop @15 fps. Practical proposal ? Cap the framerate to 15 fps for everyone ...
And call me a cheater for still using a CRT monitor as well, after all I can have more FPS and absolutely no input lag compared to most of you LCD users.
And build a stake for the guys having optical fiber as well. <10ms ping, that's a crime when some others are stuck with >200ms ...

No seriously ... grow up.  >:(

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 20-02-2013, 23:02:07 »
Yes, I certainly have no clue about this problem. After all, I use the alternate shader only since 2.4 was released ...

Really, what is the point in whining that some people might have an unfair advantage with this ? If you're really stupid enough to believe that, then use the effect-less shader as well and stop bothering us.

Then feel free to open another thread to whine that people playing with a high-end computer have an unfair advantage compared to people playing this with a laptop @15 fps. Practical proposal ? Cap the framerate to 15 fps for everyone ...
And call me a cheater for still using a CRT monitor as well, after all I can have more FPS and absolutely no input lag compared to most of you LCD users.
And build a stake for the guys having optical fiber as well. <10ms ping, that's a crime when some others are stuck with >200ms ...

No seriously ... grow up.  >:(

Why not add instructions to adding crosshair back on frontpage too. Some people have crosshairs you see. And hmm, maybe we should just all use aimbots too, because some people do use it.

The line must be drawn somewhere don't you think? And many people think the line is crossed by using other shaders. Where goes your line?

Offline ksl94

• British Imperialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 20-02-2013, 23:02:25 »
Well, I can understand the outrage quite well. There are indeed some cnuts who tweak the graphics in a way that they can see further and better, e.g. in dark spots. Those bastards do everything imaginable to get an unfair advantage, like trying to make players look brighter than the environment (Yes, this has happened indeed  ::) ). Those individuals can be identified very easily, for they are seemingly having a supernatural vision or situational awareness. They can for example shoot you through natural cover like a hedgerow or a bush, because for them you are shining as bright as a christmas tree  :-X .

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 21-02-2013, 00:02:48 »
I don't care what is your problem with shaders if you can't use them - don't do it. What bothers me is a FACT that some people use grainless shaders ONLY to have advantage because THERE IS a clear advantage. And these people should grow up. Is it really so important to get more frags in a game designed for a teamwork in which captured control points decide about victory?
I like to play game the way it should be played and to have fun in the way it was designed. Cheaters are most likely to kill fun for me and many others, and in such small comunity they are a large percentage of all active players.

And I feel free to open such threads but don't see any reasons to do so, please don't exaggerate.

Offline ALargeWalrus90

• Driving mah Panzer all day long drinkin mah cofee
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 21-02-2013, 01:02:31 »
http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=17519.msg260648

Attached a fix in that thread awhile back. It'll remove the grain.

If I go to that link Chrome detects malware.

???

Offline kingtiger1891

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 21-02-2013, 20:02:05 »
I'm so amused to see those "play for fun" players get so serious.

Offline titsmcgee852

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 22-02-2013, 06:02:47 »
http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=17519.msg260648

Attached a fix in that thread awhile back. It'll remove the grain.

If I go to that link Chrome detects malware.

???
I get it when I open this page! Must be someone's signature

Offline Pejsaty

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 24-02-2013, 15:02:38 »
I don't care what is your problem with shaders if you can't use them - don't do it. What bothers me is a FACT that some people use grainless shaders ONLY to have advantage because THERE IS a clear advantage. And these people should grow up. Is it really so important to get more frags in a game designed for a teamwork in which captured control points decide about victory?
I like to play game the way it should be played and to have fun in the way it was designed. Cheaters are most likely to kill fun for me and many others, and in such small comunity they are a large percentage of all active players.

And I feel free to open such threads but don't see any reasons to do so, please don't exaggerate.

It's FPS game and if you play public server, you'll notice that for most of the players only kills count - they don't care if their team is winning or not...